One does not simply not be a lone wolf.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

I just got to thinking that I can't be the only one that this has happened to.

So a group that I was originally in for another game was eyeing expanding to MWO. We'd even gotten so far as to sort of pick out a name and basic unit insignia design, but then things kind of... stalled. I ended up leaving them - their chosen style of play didn't really match up with what I wanted to do in that particular game, so there wasn't really any hard feelings - but it wasn't until last night that I realized: now I'm a lone wolf in MWO. And pretty much all of the units I was interested in earlier are now all full and/or not openly recruiting.

Posted Image

I can't be the only one this has happened to, right?

...Right guys?

...Guys?

[foreveralone.jpg]

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

Whats so wrong about "Hardcover, L.W.". It could become an action series with a sound like this, even outstripping the Immortal Warrior! :D

#3 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

I hadn't thought of it that way. Sadly, I look nothing like Tom Selleck. (And don't ask me why my brain immediately jumped to "Magnum, P.I." - it just happened.)

On the down side, I would have to constantly put up with the lowest-common-denominator PUGs that it seems to be my gaming karma to get in pretty much any multiplayer game, so there's that. I mean, when I'm the only one on the team actually trying to communicate, it's a little disconcerting and disheartening. But that's a whole 'nother post.

#4 Black Djinn

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Maybe i got something wrong but you can still join every house you want... no need to be l.wolf

#5 Helfist81

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

Well until they install the stuff for coordinating groups of people you are either going to have a group of people who don't care what someone says in chat OR a crap ton of chiefs and no one to be the indians...

#6 Ghostrider45

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationThibodaux La, 70301

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

You can be a lone Wolf if that's what you want but It will cost you a lot more in repair bills an resuppley bills!!!!!

#7 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

The Sea Wolves are an open and casual Merc Unit, come check us out :D

http://swolf.thecybe...z.com/index.php

#8 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hardcover

PM Inbound

#9 Modi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

I am not even sure if my Old Republic guild is going to be playing MWO so I am pretty much stuck in the same boat as you.

#10 Artimesdiy

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

It could be me...

But yes a lone wolf will cost you more, thats life. I for my self am new to the game, played Mechwarrior a long time ago and a can dream the weapons and layout. But i have no idea about the houses and other fluff. I have some friends in the game, but surly not enoyugh for a own group. So it's simple for me than. I will be a lone wolf until a get my marks in the game and a group is intrested in me. (without saying, surly not at the moment with my computer letting me down...)

Play the game like it is, and a lone wolf is for me a good starting point.

with regards, Artimes

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostHardcover, on 13 August 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

I hadn't thought of it that way. Sadly, I look nothing like Tom Selleck. (And don't ask me why my brain immediately jumped to "Magnum, P.I." - it just happened.)

Don't worry, my mind did the same.

#12 Shadow HHGD

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, U.S.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

If you are looking for a group that enjoys dropping together as much as we enjoy the gane then come by and check us out at http://www.hhgd-affs.com/.. We are always looking for new members to fill our ranks.. You can also join us on TS 8.9.37.236:9145 and chat with us as well as get some drops in and see if we fit what ur looking for. Looking foward to seeing u in game.

~S~
Lft Shadow HHGD *T*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users