Reporting for duty

5 replies to this topic

#1 schanze

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hello all,

I'm one of the older guard who decided to return to the field (Zone over dial-up ring any bells?). Former ComStar ROM scout and sniper. My old team is long dead and gone but here I am and, after some debate, I've decided fall in with you lot. You seem like a fine group and I've always been one for a good community.

My skills aren't what they were but I'm eager and hoping to take up the scout mantle once again. I look forward to joining all of you in the field once I'm sure I won't be a liability (running MW4 rounds to relearn my controls atm).

Feel free to drop me a line. If nothing else I can grouse about battles past and the present position of kids relative to my lawn.

#2 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Too bad, nobody has answered here yet. Probably enjoying beta way too much. ;)

Well, then just let me welcome you to the grandest of all nations and the only true republic of the inner sphere. Good to see another scout to run with!

#3 Caelesto

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

A long time ago I played on the Zone, also over dialup. I doubt we were both in ComStar at the same time, but I was also in ComStar ROM under a handle that I've long since forgotten. I was looking forward to dancing with and against some of the old guard once again, and it looks like I'll not be disappointed. Skål Schanze!

#4 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hello rookie pilot here new to forum

#5 Handicap

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

Dial-up over the Zone. Holy hell that brought back some memories man.

Welcome, welcome. I hope you enjoy this as much as possible.

#6 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I never played Zone, but I do remember the old dial-up BBs days - anyone remember HAL-9000? I started in the FRR in the Battletech 3056 MUSE as a Reconnaisance Scout. Glad to see you got out of ComStar with your skin intact, did you bring your 'mech with you? I have seen a few of the ComStar 'mechs around the HPG station here at Last Frontier - and they look like they stepped straight out of a Star League history book. Our techs out here would kill to get their hands on some real Star League technology.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users