Crimson Skies Petition

17 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle756

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hey guys, do any of you remember that other cool FASA property, "Crimson Skies" with its interesting alt history 1930's setting and planes.

If anyone remembers that series and would like to see a similar style game as Mechwarrior Online for that franchise, or at least an enhanced remake for both the original PC game and High Road to Revenge, please comment below.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Kyle756, 14 August 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#2 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

nope not interested... [REDACTED]

Edited by Helmer, 14 August 2012 - 06:06 PM.
[REDACTED] a thread derailing comment. Left the posters answer to the OP.

#3 Kyle756

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 August 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

nope not interested... i would rather see a remake of interstate 76/82

It continually amazes me that people misunderstand what exactly a petition is, think about real petitions, do they have a spot for you to sign "not interested", cause last time I checked its just a collection of signatures, if you like the idea put down your name, if you don't, move on

Edited by Kyle756, 14 August 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#4 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

World of warplanes is currently in closed beta. watch for it.

#5 Kyle756

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostArisaema, on 14 August 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

World of warplanes is currently in closed beta. watch for it.

Its insteresting but this about "crimson skies", again guys keep this as a petition style forum, posts off topic or statements of support against are not what is being looked for, just a collection of "signatures" for support

#6 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

online petitions are open to debate and suggestion [REDACTED]

Edited by Helmer, 14 August 2012 - 06:01 PM.
[REDACTED] unnecessarily rude comments that add nothing

#7 Kyle756

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

online petitions are open to debate and suggestion so f-ck off and close the topic if you dont like it

no a petition is still a petition, and based on your 2 star forum profile rating, you are clearly a troll

#8 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

better 2 stars than none at all fool and at 14 posts you cant hold that over me at all come back to me when youve spent a little more time on the forums noob

#9 Bansheedragon75

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

If you really want to debate this issue I can say as much as this being the wrong forum for it.
This belongs in the off topic section since it has nothing to do with MWO.

This forum is for MWO suggestions, not random suggestions about anything.

#10 Kyle756

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

better 2 stars than none at all fool and at 14 posts you cant hold that over me at all come back to me when youve spent a little more time on the forums noob

yes cause spending as much time as you looking at a computer screen, so I can tout it for prestige, thats a goal of mine, Thank you but no thanks, I'm glad i haven't made 759 posts (which by the way involves no skill, other than wasting one's own time). : P

View PostDragonlord, on 14 August 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

If you really want to debate this issue I can say as much as this being the wrong forum for it.
This belongs in the off topic section since it has nothing to do with MWO.

This forum is for MWO suggestions, not random suggestions about anything.

Crimson Skies isn't random at all, it was a sister series to Battletech being a FASA made franchise, with tabletop games, etc.

You also need to look back at that newsletter you signed up for when you set up your forum account, it included a checkbox for "Crimson Skies" oh yee of lil awareness

I'm also not wanting to debate, as I said this is a "Petition", being from Norway I can give you credit for being fuzzy on the english definition, but Lightdragon should be a native speaker.

Guys as I said, I'm just looking for fellow FASA fans like myself with fond memories of a more or less forgotten franchise to say hey, yeah I know others might not care, but here we are and we would like to see this happen. Its not like I don't support Mechwarrior, I am founding after all cause I want this franchise to be succesful again as well

Edited by Kyle756, 14 August 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#11 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

not gonna find any here its not a very popular fasa series

#12 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Moving to OFF TOPIC as it is not a Suggestion concerning Mechwarrior Online.

Additionally, a comment that answers the original posts question , even in disagreement, is still an answer. However, to troll the OP ,make uncivilized remarks ,or derail the thread are not permissible.

Please remember to contribute to the discussion in a positive way, keeping in mind the topic of the thread that you are posting in. Also remember the old adage "If you can't say something nice......" The forums are here for discussion, and conjecture. That being said , please don't feel obligated to post in every thread, especially those you may not agree with, or you cannot genuinely say it's helpful to the conversation.

Cheers.

#13 Bansheedragon75

• 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Oh I understand the concept and definition of a petition, have about 20 years experience speaking, reading and writing English despite living in Norway.
But my comment was really not about the petition itself but rather the place it was posted.

As for crimson skies, being a sister series to BT.
BT and CS have nothing to do with each other at all.

They may be developed by the same company but thats all there is.
I dont know if I would call them sister series just for that though.

#14 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

As much as I love Crimson Skies (A lot more than Battletech, though that is like saying I love Chocolate Ice Cream a lot better than Vanilla Ice cream), I am not sure we'll ever see another one. I'd love to see it, but I don't hold much hope. Really hope I'm wrong though!

That said, if we do get one, I hope its more like the PC game then the X-box one. The X-box one was fun, but I preferred the more flight-simish PC game (Though it was still quite arcadey) plus more importantly, they removed half the cast of the Fortune Hunters in the X-box game, what happened to Sparks? Tex? Buck? And most of all, Zachary's Best Bud since his WWI flying days, Jack "That hardpoint was supposed to have been a flash rocket!" Mulligan?!

So much life was robbed from the X-box game by removing all those characters. Plus they killed Doctor Fassenbiender. :)

#15 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

this thread went tothe dirt pretty fast..i was gonna say yeah sure..

#16 Kooroush Azartash

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I certainly wouldn't mind if they did. I think it is an interesting concept. I have heard of the franchise, but have never played.

#17 jiggyjiggy

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'd sign that petition.

#18 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

/sign. for sure I would love to see that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users