#1 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Anyone subscribe/read battlecorps stories?

I have read Founding of the Clans book 1, Fall from Grace written by Randall Bills, and Betrayal of ideals written by Blaine Lee Pardoe. Fantastic read for any Clan loving person, talks about the early times of the Clans.

Going to be reading more soon as i am just finishing Betrayal of Ideals.

If you have read a lot of Battletech and are looking for more, it is cheap and a good read.

#2 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'm a BattleCorps writer.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostFirefly, on 31 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'm a BattleCorps writer.

Very nice. Reading them has inspired me to try again. I had a few 100%score high school English short story projects in school, and am being inspired by Bills and Pardoe.

What stories are yours?

#4 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Question? Where would we get some Battletech fan fics published, as I've got a few more where Dragoon Vengeance came from, not to mention, I'm writing a fan fic on skyrim, and another completely different set of novels, also need to know who would like to proof read my work? Think it needs editing, and a second opinion.

#5 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Well Battlecorps does take submissions, in fact they need more writers according to one of the Battlechats they had.
However they have a high form of quality control or at least a strenuous form of it.

I've been a subscriber since day one and still need to catch up on my reading.

#6 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Battlecorps member here. I like it, but some people over there have serious complaints about how much original content is provided on a monthy basis. Also if you were to join today, the only original stories you would have access to would be anything created this month and forward. Anything older that came before you were a member you would have to buy on a per story basis.

Also whats pretty cool in the Battlecorps Legion. A RPG Merc group you can join and write for. Although the Legion is canon, most of what is written there is not, but its still fun. Its like a Fan group that's semi-professional writers and semi canon.

I say give it a go for a few months and see how you like it. You can always let your membership expire if you don't like it.

#7 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Plus members get 5% off purchases from battleshop.

#8 SeaWolf2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA, USA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I am currently working on my first Fan Fiction story and plan on submitting it to BattleCorps when it is finished.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 31 January 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Battlecorps member here. I like it, but some people over there have serious complaints about how much original content is provided on a monthy basis. Also if you were to join today, the only original stories you would have access to would be anything created this month and forward. Anything older that came before you were a member you would have to buy on a per story basis.

Also whats pretty cool in the Battlecorps Legion. A RPG Merc group you can join and write for. Although the Legion is canon, most of what is written there is not, but its still fun. Its like a Fan group that's semi-professional writers and semi canon.

I say give it a go for a few months and see how you like it. You can always let your membership expire if you don't like it.
Joseph Mallan is a memeber of the Legion. I earned the handle 'Jester' for some of the antics I wrote about Joe getting into. Just an FYI They will be part of the liberation of Earth from WoB! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users