Which Clan to pick?

33 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

Alright, right now I'm in a Mercenary unit and I don't see myself leaving them for quite a while, but in the event something causes me to leave, I'd think I'd like too choose a Clan to join. There are about... Twenty Clans now, or was Wolverine already Anihilated/Absorbed? So tell me, which clan should I choose?

#2 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Clan whats a clan we live in the IS. Clans have not entered the area yet. We have no idea any clan exist yet. Soo allot of them have not been formed yet in this point in the time line.

#3 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostAtayu, on 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Clan whats a clan we live in the IS. Clans have not entered the area yet. We have no idea any clan exist yet. Soo allot of them have not been formed yet in this point in the time line.

It's 3049, the clans have existed for a while now.
So when they come, which one should I join, if I do join?

#4 Drewsie

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

I would think this would be based on your own personal choice/location in regards to everone in the clan?

I mean I wouldnt want to be part of one when the majority of them live in China or something, seeing as I live on the eastern seaboard of the US.

Unless I am missing something?

#5 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostDrewsie, on 15 August 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

I would think this would be based on your own personal choice/location in regards to everone in the clan?

I mean I wouldnt want to be part of one when the majority of them live in China or something, seeing as I live on the eastern seaboard of the US.

Unless I am missing something?

Mostly, I'd like too see what the Clan members are like so that I can better make my choice on the subject matter, like if I join Jade Falcon and they end up being ****** nozzels.

#6 Drewsie

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Well honestly I am not entirely sure how the clans will work here but I would think you could always jump ship if you were not happy with the people in the clan.

I'm currently in the same boat as you though.

#7 Leesin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

I imagine there is a whole lot of stuff that will be worked on and added into the game before clans come about, seems a bit too early to be thinking about that lol.

#8 eldelbarrio2

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 23 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeing Lazy.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostBrenden, on 15 August 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Mostly, I'd like too see what the Clan members are like so that I can better make my choice on the subject matter, like if I join Jade Falcon and they end up being ****** nozzels.

Us Jade Falcons are a great group! You can find us at http://jadefalconcla.../main/index.php and see how we play.

#9 Bonewalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

My feeling in this matter is this: Go to the internet and do your research. Look at all the clans as a while, read through their bios, see their strengths and weaknesses. Read their histories, their ways of making a Mechwarrior. Only when you are well informed of the clan as a whole will you find the one that is closest to your heart.

So says the Goliath Scorpion whose callsign is:

#10 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Clan Wolf, we are the Chuck Norris among the Clans.

#11 Matthew Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...an/page__st__40

There is already a thread on this, Post #51 contains the appropriate answer.

#12 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Pick one of the invading clans if i were you cause we have no idea what clans have been been named yet but i personally don't think they are going to have all 20 clans. That's just way to many factions. IMO the four most powerful clans are Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Clan Wolf, Smoke Jageur.

Personally i like Clan Wolf cause they were Wardens who latered became Crusaders. They are the choosen clan of the Kerensky bloodline and most of them are Russian (LOL, with names like Vlad, Natasha, Nicholas)

Edited by Grimwill, 16 August 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#13 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

Might depend on which Clans PGI will add as factions...if any. Maybe there will only be one Clan faction representing all invading Clans (with different clusters as "house units"). You'll have to wait and see.

#14 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Pick one of the lesser known clans. ;)

All the major ones(Clan Wolf, Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Jade Falcon) are too common at this point.

#15 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

It's probably safe to assume that the 4 clans that will be available at launch will be Jade Falcon, Wolf, Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar.

Since the OP hasn't clarified what he's looking for in terms of identity, I'll try and do a quick summary:

Wolf: Traditionally one of the most respected and powerful clans due to a long history of skillful combat and having been the first clan to fight a trial of annihilation and A trial of absorbtion. Marginally weakened at the time of invasion due to the fact that the clan fought a trial of refusal at 4:1 odds attempting to stop it. Favours speed and aggression.

Jade falcon: Wolf's ancient rival, and much more traditional then most other clans. The mechs they favor are consistently characterized by either considerable speed or Jump capabilities (or both).

Clan ghost bear: Patience is one of the best words to describe the clan, but those who make the mistake of assuming that the ghostbears are lazy or insensate can be utterly shocked by just how quickly they can move (and how fierecly they fight) when they decide to move to war.

Clan smoke jaguar: Depending on the perspective, this clan is philisophically either the strongest or the weakest of the clans; The warrior caste is excedeingly oppressive and has primarily relied on trials of possession to try and nullify any technological edge the other clans might have over them.

#16 Magas Corada

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

I played Merc's Mercilessly and tbh I loved the idea of just being a floater. I rocked the hell out of the lightweight tourney's in my cougar. It's what I know and what I'll stick to. Be what you want to be. Clan or no Clan, you control your own fate. Hire who you need, buy what you need, and Pilot the best to your ability. That's all you can do. And for heavens sake keep a close eye on your coolant levels!!!

#17 HardLuck

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostAtayu, on 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

I hate to tell you but the clans have already started the invasion, it started in the bandit kingdom in 3049

#18 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostHardLuck, on 16 August 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I hate to tell you but the clans have already started the invasion, it started in the bandit kingdom in 3049

That would be the Greater Valkyrate and the Oberon Confederation to be precise.

#19 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Technically the Clans have not invaded the IS yet. When they do Invade only 4 clans won right to be involved. During the lull that starts in the ilKhan invites three "reserve" Clans Steel Viper and Nova Cat were added ostensibly to "aid" the efforts of Clans Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar, while a seventh Clan, Clan Diamond Shark, did not mobilize in time to "aid" Clan Ghost Bear.

The Question you should be asking yourself is WHY are looking to join the Clans. Is it lore or it because of their Mechs. If it is because of their Mechs? Then it does not matter. If it is because of their Lore. Then look up each clan and decide for yourself.

#20 Hidran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Wolf for honor and expectation
Jade falcon for jealousy and pigheadedness (from what I've seen in mw4)
Ghost bear for conservation and family
Smoke jaguar for decisive aggressiveness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users