Mech Customizing?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Pinky Jenny

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationsomewhere

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Can I choose some kind of colors or design for mech? not only weapons.

And.. Why is my beta status PENDING?

I wanna see my mech now~! >.<

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

The Devs have said many times there will be customization options.
Usually F2P games make some money with that.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Non-founder users are being added to the beta slowly and in small amounts; it's random, and most likely you will not get into the closed beta. Many have been pending for months and will continue to do so until open beta begins.

#4 captaincabbage

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Yeah I'm one of the lucky ones who has gotten in as a non-founder.

I'd love to see some kind of decal system in the game, at very least being able to pick clan/I.S./Merc logos for your mech, even going so far as to maybe have a custom decal maker for people who make clans post-launch. Now THAT would be cool.

#5 Wolfclaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,510 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostPinky Jenny, on 09 September 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Can I choose some kind of colors or design for mech? not only weapons.

And.. Why is my beta status PENDING?

I wanna see my mech now~! >.<

Your beta status is pending because you just signed up.....

There are people who have been signed up for almost a year now who havent even gotten in.

View Postcaptaincabbage, on 10 September 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

I'd love to see some kind of decal system in the game, at very least being able to pick clan/I.S./Merc logos for your mech, even going so far as to maybe have a custom decal maker for people who make clans post-launch. Now THAT would be cool.

You just broke the NDA by saying you're in beta. Only founders can say they are in.

And read around in the dev blogs. Mechs will have paint customization.

Heres your answer on painting mechs... http://mwomercs.com/...-blog-6-mechlab

#6 Blazz17

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationnext to my neighbours house in australia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

View Postcaptaincabbage, on 10 September 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

wheres the ceiling mech catching you brake NDA

#7 Grey Sky

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

If I have to pay for just being able to paint my damn mech, I won't want to play any more. Mech "loadouts" are a secondary consideration for me, I'm really here to paint mechs and use them to ruin my enemies. Maybe if a founder doesn't have to pay for colour and decal options in the future or something I wouldn't mind as much, but it shouldn't be some extra pay option for anyone at all, really. It should just be a core part of the game.

#8 Pagetohs

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouth Wales, UK

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Im assuming basic customization will be free,
More advanced items will cost you your money,
Certain things will be unlockable either through a leveling system or achievements,
and certain items will be made available only to founders.

This is al speculation my part though.

#9 jakk71

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

just got my invite am at work so will download tonight, and are the founding packages worth it, as i play world of tanks at the moment.

#10 KlLLFACE

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that they would be planning on a reasonable amount of customization but it's simply not been included yet at this point in the beta. It'd be a bit disappointing needing to spec customization or it simply not being included. Woulda thought it'd be something to burn ingame/rl cash on. Or maybe occasionally getting lucky and salvaging a srm pack or ppc or something if ya did good in battle. I'd probably make it so only got a percentage chance of salvaging if your mechs still in one piece or something though. Something like the mech 4 customization system would be cool where your limited to what sort of weapon can be put on that part of the mech from what sort of mech/variant it is and what sort of mounting it's got and how much it weighs, also balancing weapon loadouts with speed/armor would be cool. Clan Omnimechs would obviously be much more customizable though obviously as their weapons are far more modular.

Edited by KlLLFACE, 22 September 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#11 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that we will get some form of basic color customization for free (when you get a new mech), some slightly more elaborate color schemes will be purchased with in-game currency, more extravagant looks will cost real cash, other will require special achievements (kill 100 Atlases to get a decal for your mech, I would love to have an Atlas silhouette with a line through it on my mech!).

But right now we just need to be patient, when the devs have it ready we will know what they are planning.

#12 Husher

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postjakk71, on 19 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

just got my invite am at work so will download tonight, and are the founding packages worth it, as i play world of tanks at the moment.

Be careful my friend, with that invite comes the NDA, so make this the last time you mention anything about invites, beta, gameplay, etc. You've gotta keep it on the down-low.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users