ISN News Flash

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

Thu. Aug 16, 3049: Governor of New Vandenburg heavily criticized for exploring “Star League era fortification tourism” interest.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Those critics are probably sponsored by canopian agents. Guess they fear to lose "their" tourists.

#3 Thomas Alderman

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

Based on what happened to the planet during the Reunification War I can hardly blame them.

Edited by Thomas Alderman, 16 August 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

New Vandenberg - The home of the Uprising that handed Kerensy's *** to him and humiliated the "Great Protector." To be perfectly frank, if MY homeland was subject to severe taxation without adequate representation, I would have done the same - Rebel against the Empire and fight to the bitter end, taking 1 million mindless SLDF troops (140 divisions) with me.

My heart lies not only with the slaughtered civilians who sufered needlessly throughout this invasion, but with those few SLDF troops who listened to their souls and joined forces with the free peoples of the Concordat. In the end, I say those fortifications are worth more than gold, so Tour Away, my vacationing friends. Explore the costs of freedom; the costs of pointless war.

(Edit: If Stephen Amaris did ONE good thing in his entire rotten, forsaken life, it was to provide reinforcement for Rebel units in the Taurian Concordat. I'm just sayin'...)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 August 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#5 Desert Panther

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

You guys should hire an artist to draw you a picture for every Flash. It would be much cooler than just typing a sentence for us of something lore-related time-line event.

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostDesert Panther, on 16 August 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

You guys should hire an artist to draw you a picture for every Flash. It would be much cooler than just typing a sentence for us of something lore-related time-line event.

Why not a complete video clip with professional actors?

#7 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

I, for one, would like to tour "Star League era fortifications".

Mercs gotta vacation somewhere.

#8 Greatorian

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

War is never pointless. It means good income for mercenaries.

#9 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Every time I see a mention of the Star League it reminds me of an old Terran entertainment-vid and I keep wanting to see them talk about finding a 'GunStar.'

#10 Denin

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I wonder if this falls under the category of any publicity is good publicity.

Let the critics just hope they remain tourist spots and that war doesn't reach their door step.

#11 Kaarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationState of confusion

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hey! We Amar.....Er, I mean the Amarises did do some positive things. It was Stephan driving Kerensky nuts enough to have him commission the design for the Atlases that we all know and love.

#12 Tote

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Oh, Comon,, Think of the kids now, they gotta learn their history,, why not open it up, just like visiting the statue of liberty just as much as the worlds biggest ball -o-twine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users