58 replies to this topic

#1 ENDMYSUFFERING

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 180 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

So, I was forced to buy Battlefield 2142 from communist EA's personal information selling piece of crap known as origin. After downloading the game, I realized that it did not support widescreen. I was then forced to try several ways to get the game into 1600x900. I messed something up with one of said ways, and started crashing on launch, with no way to fix this, I have to completely redownload the game, and a gig and a half patch and another smaller patch. Then I have to force the game into widescreen again. All of this after the idiots at Sonic forgot the cherry in my fricking slushie.

Posted Image

Edited by Flametrace, 16 August 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#2 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Obviously biased towards Valve and makes no mention of the equally evil Activision, but still sums up things quite nicely.

#3 ENDMYSUFFERING

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 180 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Eh, well, you have to admit, even if you don't like Steam, it is in every way superior to Origin. As for Activision, yeah, they're like chEAp's brother. In both of their eyes, if you don't pay them your hard earned money, then you're a hatemongering selfish slug. To them I say, kiss my rear and QQ more.

#4 LaKaT

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

You should Have known EA to do something like that I still can't beleive they won't put Madden football on PC thats just wrong . It like forgetting to put a Cherry in a slushie, I hate when Sonic does that too.

#5 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is "communist" still an insult in the USA? Your country is weird.

#6 Hyzoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCohoes, NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Valve is ticking me off too, Steam's offline mode works 2 percent of the time and has forced updates (Turning automatic update off only works until the next time you run steam at which point steam IMMIDIATELY starts downloading a patch, which you cannot cancel), and they refused to fix either of these problems. Otherwise Steam is fine.

#7 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

EA is fascist, not communist.

Edited by SinnerX, 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#8 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have to ask... Being in it for the profit, isn't that the whole motivation behind capitalism? Isn't the main argument for capitalism that if everyone is in it for the profit, the invisible hand will make it so that the good companies publish good products and the bad companies disappear?

I just don't get it... I can understand why "communist" is used as an insult either against someone being altruistic or, if you use the term loosely, about overly controlling state institutions (though it should be said that the most controlling state institutions have been state capitalists)... But using "communist" as a derogatory about someone being greedy in a specifically capitalist way? How? What? It just. doesn't. make. sense.

#9 Abraxxus

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Well... I enforce my capitalistic rights and refuse to buy anything Origin or Steam. They can both stick it where the sun don't shine (Steam has bent me over pretty hard in the past).

#10 Jekrump

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

since when is 1=Countless? that's 1 reason why. there are many more. welcome to the internet bud.

#11 Crankwerk

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostStringburka, on 16 August 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

I have to ask... Being in it for the profit, isn't that the whole motivation behind capitalism? Isn't the main argument for capitalism that if everyone is in it for the profit, the invisible hand will make it so that the good companies publish good products and the bad companies disappear?

I just don't get it... I can understand why "communist" is used as an insult either against someone being altruistic or, if you use the term loosely, about overly controlling state institutions (though it should be said that the most controlling state institutions have been state capitalists)... But using "communist" as a derogatory about someone being greedy in a specifically capitalist way? How? What? It just. doesn't. make. sense.

On the internet, common sense does not apply, nor logic.

#12 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

View Postthemoob, on 16 August 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Is "communist" still an insult in the USA? Your country is weird.

not since the 2008 election.

#13 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostZakatak, on 16 August 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Obviously biased towards Valve and makes no mention of the equally evil Activision, but still sums up things quite nicely.

Beat me to it.

#14 MWO Atari2600

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostBDU SKINLESS, on 17 August 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

not since the 2008 election.

Funny! <clap> <clap>

#15 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

EA has 'sucked' for many many years and so has Activision.

i just don't see how a company being greedy is Communism, because I'm sure its capitalism is what created greedy companies because its not state owned.

( don't support Capitalism, Communism nor Fascism )

#16 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostFlametrace, on 16 August 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Eh, well, you have to admit, even if you don't like Steam, it is in every way superior to Origin. As for Activision, yeah, they're like chEAp's brother. In both of their eyes, if you don't pay them your hard earned money, then you're a hatemongering selfish slug. To them I say, kiss my rear and QQ more.

not trying to defend EA here, but the big diffrence between EA and avtivision is that EA actualy sell games, where as Activision just keep churning the smae old s*** over and over again *coughcodcough*

either way i dislike both publishers :lol: refuse to use EAs spyware system.

Edited by Kodiak Jorgensson, 17 August 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#17 Bishop Warrior

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

im just going to point out that 2142 doesn't support wide screen at all. irregardless of where you buy it.

#18 Venkman

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm just curious to know who forced you to buy Battlefield 2142, and how? Were you held at gunpoint? Waterboarded, maybe? Was your family in jeopardy? As you typed in your credit card information, did you cry out through tears, "I hate EA and Origin, don't make me do this!!!"

Or did you actually just totally support a company you seem to hate of your own free will?

Also you should probably look up what communism actually is.

#19 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

EA and Activision have done things that upset me and things that made me filled with joy. I don't see any reason in demonizing either one of them.

#20 aresfiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostFlametrace, on 16 August 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

So, I was forced to buy Battlefield 2142

No you weren't.

You're blaming your regret as a consumer for something that you thought would be better on EA. That's how EA thrives, people who make mistakes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users