15 replies to this topic

#1 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone know if they ever made the first version of it as a model? The pulse lasers SRM machine gun targeting comp version? And if so where is the best place to look or if someone has one there willing to sell?

For reference http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Goshawk

Thanks!

Edit link won't paste properly make sure to add the ) at the end

Edited by Ashnod, 16 August 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Doing a search in iron wind metals battletech section gives me this one result:
http://ironwindmetal...goshawk&x=0&y=0

#3 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yea I'm looking for the first basic version of it, the goshawk 1 wasn't sure if was ever produced or not or if anyone ever made a custom one that they would be willing to sell

#4 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

The original Goshawk was designed by Victor Musical Industries and is therefore currently one of the Unseen, which I believe is the reason there's no miniature of the 'Mech in production except for the Reseen Goshawk 3. Ral Partha might have made one before the whole Unseen business, but I'm not certain and in either case it would be rather difficult to find.

Edited by Arctic Fox, 16 August 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#5 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostArctic Fox, on 16 August 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

The original Goshawk was designed by Victor Musical Industries and is therefore currently one of the Unseen, which I believe is the reason there's no miniature of the 'Mech in production except for the Reseen Goshawk 3. Ral Partha might have made one before the whole Unseen business, but I'm not certain and in either case it would be rather difficult to find.

Oh wow I never knew it was one of the unseen.. Damn.. Well if anyone happens to have one that was made beforehand (if it ever was) and is willing to sell it PM me and we can work something out.

Thanks for the info Arctic even though it wasn't what I wanted to find out haha :)

#6 Daetrin Voltari

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

The original Goshawk mini is one of the harder unseens to find for the simple reason that it was never very popular. There just aren't as many of them out there as the other unseens. I'm afraid I don't have one myself but if you want to see what the sculpt looked like, a little google-fu turned up this. http://www.angelfire...ics/goshawk.jpg

I have occasionally seen them show up on ebay, usually as a part of a lot that someone is offloading. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

#7 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostDaetrin Voltari, on 16 August 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

The original Goshawk mini is one of the harder unseens to find for the simple reason that it was never very popular. There just aren't as many of them out there as the other unseens. I'm afraid I don't have one myself but if you want to see what the sculpt looked like, a little google-fu turned up this. http://www.angelfire...ics/goshawk.jpg

I have occasionally seen them show up on ebay, usually as a part of a lot that someone is offloading. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Thats pretty awesome! thanks! now i know for sure there out there somewhere.. I'll have to deff keep my eyes out looking for them.

#8 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image

Yep they are out there...few and far between. Good luck! (Front and center in this shot.)

#9 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Awesome pic, definitely one of my favorite medium mechs, can't stand the new model though haha

#10 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Oh man, I almost thought this was gonna be a thread with someone begging for a Goshawk in game! Wow, my heart skipped a beat, I thought I'd seen everything after the Mad Cat beg threads, but this one was gonna make me question my sanity. Much to my relief it's only details on a mini :huh:

Goshawk's a bit blocky for me in it's original TRO art design, but ( and I say this very rarely ) the Age of Destruction mini actually looked pretty cool. Solid 'mech though, I dig it.

#11 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Had to reply to this topic.....if you couldn't tell I do fancy my self the Vapor Eagle/Goshawk. This is probably the oldest mini I have and one of my first painted. I refuse to paint it the same color as the rest of my JF Trinary lol!

Posted Image

I will hope for the best if you decide to go on the hunt to find one!

<S>

Edited by Goshawk, 01 September 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#12 Propnut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thought about posting a picture of mine but it looks sad and ragged next to the two previous pictures :)

#13 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Found one still in the blister on eBay thanks to freebornknight from the forums and it arrived in the mail today! :)

#14 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostRangerRob, on 17 August 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yep they are out there...few and far between. Good luck! (Front and center in this shot.)

Is...is that an Unseen Shadowhawk IIc, Pre-Project Phoenix design?? The one that came with the 3055 TRO when it first came out?... If it is, I'm envious....

#15 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostAshnod, on 16 August 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Does anyone know if they ever made the first version of it as a model? The pulse lasers SRM machine gun targeting comp version? And if so where is the best place to look or if someone has one there willing to sell?

For reference http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Goshawk

Thanks!

Edit link won't paste properly make sure to add the ) at the end

Yes, they did make it.

However, it's now considered an "unseen" mech, and therefore, you can't buy it from IWM or any normal distributors.

2nd hand purchasing through online auctions is your most likely bet, but it wasn't exactly the most common design out there. Just keep your ear to the ground.

#16 Ashnod

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

If anyone was curious here it is in Star Adder Omicron colors, getting close to done and going to order the decals for it soon.

Posted Image

Edited by Ashnod, 11 October 2012 - 03:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users