Which TRO to *put Historical Sourcebook here*

11 replies to this topic

#1 Fez Findie

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

I just bought Reunification War sourcebook and would like to know what Technical Readout and/or Record Sheets would go along with it?

Maybe a stupid question and maybe this info is in the book itself, but decided to make this thread just in case anyone else has a similar situation, so they can post their question here.

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

(2577-2597 was the war between SLDF and the periphery. ummm...http://www.sarna.net...al_Readout_2750 is prolly as close as your going to get.

#3 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'll have more when I get home but so far 3039's chassis will be useful I think.

Edited by Atlas3060, 17 August 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#4 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Atlas3060 is right, the 3039TRO is what you want unless you can find a copy of the 3025TRO. Bonus points if you can find a copy of the old version with the Marauder on the front. It looks like this.

Posted Image

#5 Wrayeth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Actually, TRO: 3050 Upgrade has a Star League section in the back. TRO: 3039 has the downgraded versions of the same mechs that were used in the Succession Wars. TRO: 3058 Upgrade also has a Star League section in the back.

So, for full Star League tech, TRO: 3050 Upgrade and TRO: 3058 Upgrade.

#6 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

According to the Sourcebook itself

Statistics for most of these units may be found in
Technical Readouts 3039, 3050 Upgrade, 3057 Revised Edition, 3075, and the Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives series, as well as in this book. We have included a number of designs on these tables that will appear in future Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives; until those Experimental Technical Readouts are published, players may substitute standard variants found in Technical Readout 3039 for these units.

They released Primitives 1 and 2 as XTROs, they are digital download only. I doubt they'll put those to print.

In every sourcebook Catalyst has printed out that I've seen they tend to put these little paragraphs in. It's kind of helpful and neat from them considering how many record sheets and TROs this game has. I found it near the Random Assignment Table part of this book.

Also after reading through some of the fun stuff here, I could be an outright (CENSORED) to my friends with this book. :)

#7 Fez Findie

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostAtlas3060, on 18 August 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

According to the Sourcebook itself
[/size][/font]
They released Primitives 1 and 2 as XTROs, they are digital download only. I doubt they'll put those to print.

In every sourcebook Catalyst has printed out that I've seen they tend to put these little paragraphs in. It's kind of helpful and neat from them considering how many record sheets and TROs this game has. I found it near the Random Assignment Table part of this book.

Also after reading through some of the fun stuff here, I could be an outright (CENSORED) to my friends with this book. :)

Cool, ya also own the book? ^^

Ya, I did figure you could likely find the need-to-know info inside the book, was just makin' sure... and seein' how many others have this book in particular and have used it? :)

#8 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostWrayeth, on 17 August 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Actually, TRO: 3050 Upgrade has a Star League section in the back. TRO: 3039 has the downgraded versions of the same mechs that were used in the Succession Wars. TRO: 3058 Upgrade also has a Star League section in the back.

So, for full Star League tech, TRO: 3050 Upgrade and TRO: 3058 Upgrade.

Understood, but those are mostly late Star League designs. The designs used mostly in the early SL era, such as during the Reunification War, are mostly the ones found in the 3025 and 3039 TROs. It's really important to pay attention to the timeline if you're wanting to build an era-specific force such as this.

#9 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostFez Findie, on 18 August 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Cool, ya also own the book? ^^

Ya, I did figure you could likely find the need-to-know info inside the book, was just makin' sure... and seein' how many others have this book in particular and have used it? ;)

I kinda own everything they've printed in digital format and I try to get a printed version when possible.
*hangs head in shame* I have no self control when it comes to Battletech.

Also my group hasn't played with a lot from the book lately but I do want to incoporate mob rules into a scenario one day.

#10 Cathbadh

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostPaladin1, on 17 August 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Atlas3060 is right, the 3039TRO is what you want unless you can find a copy of the 3025TRO. Bonus points if you can find a copy of the old version with the Marauder on the front. It looks like this.

Posted Image

There's a different cover now?

#11 Warmonger2600

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 157 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

These are the two different versions of the 3025 source book, the second one has the "unseen" removed.
Posted Image

#12 Kai Lae

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

You seem to be looking for a link to the 2750 TRO. Solaris7 has all of them online FYI:

http://www.solaris7....nfo.asp?ID=1376

Damn useful reference site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users