Let there be... Wut?

88 replies to this topic

#41 Arikiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Indeed. Just watch the show. Either you like it or you don't. No reason to make such a big deal about it either way. Though as long as they keep it to their thread I'll generally side with the pony people. There's plenty of things I don't like (anime for instance). But other people liking something doesn't effect me in any way. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult it's none of my business what people like or do to/with themselves or others. When you go out of your way to speak out against something like that you just come off as a hater.

#42 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

merge! merge! merge!

#43 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

eh if i like the paint job ill put it on my mech

#44 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 22 August 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

The main reason why I dislike MLP threads is they are popping up everywere.
Regardless how improper the respectiv thematic or location for rainbow sparkel twinkle twinkle magic is.
Recall the Caustic Valley announcment video and now try to blend some MLP chars in it....it simply ruins the atmosphere.
What winds me up is you get this hillarious stuff pushed in your face and can't do anything about it.
In contrary. If you express your wish for beeing left alone with this stuff u get insulted as haters and not even the moderators do anything about it.
Somebody who used a meme that asked if its possible that someone who hates haters is a hater himself got reported and respective post deleted.
I belive most of the MLP stuff that is beeing posted is simply trolling with a don't get banned for it card attached to the post.
But thats only my 5 cent.

Perhaps you should have read this first:

I guess I'm just noting that within the confines of these forums, it's the anti-pony crowd that at least subjectively seems to me to be the ones who keep doing this, keep posting more threads, keep bringing it up, over and over and over. MLP was never thrust into anyone's face here; it's in one thread in the of topic section of the off topic forums. It's been "thrust" into your face about as much as PC power supplies have been thrust in your face (actually, far less; there's far more of those threads). The anti-pony sentiments, however, have seemed to be far more relentless; they're not even discussing anything -whereas the bronies are at least just trading stuff about themselves for their own amusement- so much as just trying to remind us all, over and over and over and over again that they dislike something, as if it were their mission in life to MAKE SURE we know. They even go in and spam and troll the MLP thread (or did; they've now finally been told to stop), as though it was also their mission in life to make sure bronies couldn't enjoy MLP. I don't give a damn about MLP; there are real fictional franchises to follow. Still, it's damned annoying.

#45 Maire Devylin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

The only thing that bothers me about bronies is that they remind me of the religious folks who come knocking on my door at 9am every other Sunday, invading a space that is definitely not theirs. I don't go to bronie forums to talk about non-bronie stuff and I wish they would do the same. But as they have that element in their ranks which have to 'ponify' everything they come across, I tend to generally dislike the lot of them.

#46 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostMaire Devylin, on 23 August 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

The only thing that bothers me about bronies is that they remind me of the religious folks who come knocking on my door at 9am every other Sunday, invading a space that is definitely not theirs. I don't go to bronie forums to talk about non-bronie stuff and I wish they would do the same. But as they have that element in their ranks which have to 'ponify' everything they come across, I tend to generally dislike the lot of them.

I don't understand why people always put it that way...
There are plenty of discussions going on in the off-topic section but no one is complaining about people trying to "WH40k-ify", "Cat-ify", "Trek-ify", "Puppify" or "Furrify" the game, but when people start talking about ponies in a single topic in the last corner of a forum, people point their fingers and scream: "Stop ponifying everything damit!!! ;) "

#47 MrHacknslash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCrazy Town

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

This is how I personally view the show, and why I find some annoyance with the "pushy" Bronies:

I respect MLP and its high quality of animation and humor. I respect the people who watch it, be they little girls, old men, or anything in-between. I, however, have not seen the show, and do not wish to see it. All I ask is for others to respect my decision as well. I am a very stubborn person, and when a person tries to make me do something that I had no intention of ever doing, it makes me want to do it less. I do not hate the show nor those who watch it, I only hate that people try to make me watch it.

I believe that part of the reason people dislike MLP is because of reverse psychology. If the "pushy Bronies" simply told everyone not to watch the show, then they would cause far more people to watch it out of curiosity.

They annoy me because their tactics for pushing the show are all wrong!!! Unless, of course, they are trying to keep the show to themselves by using reverse psychology, like a selfish child that doesn't want to share her toys with her brother.

#48 Maire Devylin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 23 August 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

I don't understand why people always put it that way...
There are plenty of discussions going on in the off-topic section but no one is complaining about people trying to "WH40k-ify", "Cat-ify", "Trek-ify", "Puppify" or "Furrify" the game, but when people start talking about ponies in a single topic in the last corner of a forum, people point their fingers and scream: "Stop ponifying everything damit!!! ;) "

I love Star Trek, but it has no place on the MW:O forums, especially in the forums actually related to the game. If it were a bunch of Trekkies doing that in the actual game forums, on a regular basis, I would dislike them as well. Certain Bronies know no such boundaries at all and that's why they get the bad reputation in general.

Edited by Maire Devylin, 23 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#49 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostMaire Devylin, on 23 August 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I love Star Trek, but it has no place on the MW:O forums, especially in the forums actually related to the game. If it were a bunch of Trekkies doing that in the actual game forums, on a regular basis, I would dislike them as well. Certain Bronies know no such boundaries at all and that's why they get the bad reputation in general.

Well, my point is, so long as such topics are contained in the off-topic section of any forum not explicitly devoted to them, I think no one has any reason to complain no matter what the off topic discussion is about, because that's exactly what the off-topic section of any forum is for...

In fact you're wrong, there is a place for such topics even in the MWO-forum...
it's the off-topic section!

#50 Zakatak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

If kids are looking for educational and intelligent entertainment, they should be watching Megas XLR. It's the most deep and thought provoking show of all time!

#51 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Actually I hate to be the one to... throw a wrench in your logic, however Star Trek has a place in MW:O, and in fact, shares just as much of a place as MLP:FiM does.

From a flavor standpoint within the Battletech universe, there are references to old earth pop-culture, it's not uncommon for mechwarriors to paint slogans, figures, and various other things on their mechs in regards to Old Earth Pop Culture. Not only this, but Buckaroo Banzai [best known for the movie Buckaroo Banzai Adventures across the 8th dimension] Built the Banzai Institute of Technology within the Battletech universe [best known for the creation of the Hatchetman and Axeman battlemechs] So here we have a completely different series that's actually offically crossed over into Battletech [it's been like this since the 80's]

Let's not forget the ELH debacle with Roy Callbek and his multiverse adventures [though not offical, this DID spawn the hate for furs within the battletech community]

So by technicality, anything that's considered "old earth pop-culture" can be used within Battletech for flavoring a unit. And one cannot argue that MLP:FiM would be considered "Old Earth Pop Culture"

#52 CCODEZ

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Obsessive people will become obsessive about what they like (or indeed hate). End of story really. Sometimes for good *getting that qualification* and sometimes for the not so good *insert X here*.

I class Bronies as the Obsessive type personally and some just take it to an extreme that they feel persecuted when it doesn't get well received.

I mean I like to watch MLP for what it is, saw a post on here the explained all the hidden nuances and references etc and its quite entertaining, as is powerpuff girls, dexters lab, spongebob, gumball and all that other random weird stuff. Maybe I just miss the days of a good old episode of Trap Door! However I don't go around living and breathing it, I certainly could not tell you all thier names nor what each of them did in the last episode and I certainly do not class myself as a "Bronie". However if you can watch an episode with Derp and not laugh I think you need a humour transplant lol.

#53 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

I never realized the game's off-topic forum was meant for game discussions.

Mind = blown.

#54 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

A friend and I decided to have an exchange; He watches an episode of Battletech Animated, and I watch the pilot to MLP season 1, both parts. I found it was mediocre at worst, and meh at best. What I did not get however, was that the main characters ended the current greatest threat ever to Equestria within 44 minutes minus ad breaks. I found that was an *** pull of 6.5 megacraps. He said to watch episode 4, that it would change my mind.

But there is only one chance for a first impression.

Afterwards, I began reading up on Bronies, through various websites. I read about what they did to 4chan, and how /mlp/ is the 'Leper Island' of 4chan.

If you have seen about this, first impressions are bad.

It gets worse.

They are on 99% of the forums I've seen. Each one has a Brony population, and usually derail, hijack or lock threads, and have their own threads that are much larger than virtually every other thread. I saw that no matter where one goes, there is no escape.

I am a regular to the Bay12 Forums, and there are many Bronies inhabiting the forums. There are 67,283 members there. The bronies have a link to the MLP forums, and they have a link to http://mlpforums.com/. I check the members.

6,006 Members. There is no fricking way that there are only 6,006 Bronies in existence. That number is just f---ing ridiculous. Even Cortex Command has more forum members

And yest it seems like there are millions of Bronies everywhere, derailing threads, forcing their rainbow s--- on every non-Brony they can find.

Don't get me wrong, there are good bronies. But the ones everyone is accustomed to outnumber the 'good ones' 100-1

take for example American talk show host Howard Stern, and this video
In response to this, Bronies the world over jumped on the hater bandwagon. To hate on a man that makes fun of EVERYONE, including Christians and Muslims. This showed to the internet the true face of the Bronies. Not the awesome regular people that like a show about talking colourful ponies, but a bunch of fanboys that spread vile **** on the internet, that get almost universally shunned. Just to remind you, this show was the one that caused the most outrage by Howard Stern. Ever. A show on Bronies caused more outrage than making fun of Muslims or Christians

That is the reason Bronies get hate. They cannot take it. You tell a Brony to f--- off with that pony s--- after he spams a thread, he'll go on about tolerance and understanding and how you should do it. but by that point, only greater men than I can not lose it at them.

Also consider WHO is getting behind these shows. Take for example the PPPProject, described in this Brony Thread. http://broni.es/thread-12787.html. Don't worry, I'll wait.

If I was a fan of the show, and I saw what people made to 'Clop' to, the PPPProject, and what my fellow bronies do when someone retaliates for their a--hattery, I would sever ties, and just watch the show. Such as my aforementioned friend did.

But those are just the two cents of me. A somebody.

That is why you should treat Bronies with suspicion and if necessary, disliking.

Because they certainly earned it

Stay Classy, Bronies

Edited by Steve Varayis, 23 August 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#55 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostSteve Varayis, on 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

*very long post*

First of all, you're contradicting yourself...
On the one hand you claim that not all Bronies are bad people and in the end you basically tell others to treat everyone of them with the same suspicion and prejudice?
I mean it's up to you how you handle that stuff, personally I try not to have any prejudice on any person I meet, no matter what "label" he/she is wearing. In short, get to know a person before passing judgement on him/her.

That said, Kudos to you for giving the show a chance, many people don't even get that far. Though I think you're friend was right recommending to watch a later episode, because a lot of what people like to point out about the show doesn't turn up in the first two episodes for the most part. I'm not saying: "DOOOO EEEET NAO!" but I didn't find the first two episodes too good myself, there are better ones.
Even so there are some interesting moments in the first two episodes, for example when they're in the forest with the creepy trees and Pinkie starts singing and the others are: "Please tell me she doesn't!" "She does :D ..." which is exactly what I thought when I first saw it... :)

Buuuut I'm getting off topic, sorry!

Anyway, about the topic at hand.... 4chan.............
Gotta admit I've never been to that place myself, because all I keep hearing about it is that it's full of trolls, considering this and that there are plenty of people that use ponies as a means to troll others, I'd say 4chan is probably not a good example for the "Bronie-community"...

You are right, there is only one chance for a first impression, but that's not to say that first impression is 100% accurate.
In many cases you'll have had the bad luck to stumble about the very worst parts of whatever you were looking into making that first impression as wrong as it could be, that doesn't mean it has to last though.

You're also right that currently, Bronies are pretty much everywhere, just goes to show how popular it is if you ask me, but the mere presence of any fandom is not a reason to get upset.
I'm also pretty certain that it's not 100:1, bad:good the problem here being mostly that the asshats of any community are unfortunately also the most vocal ones and the ones that get the most attention basically because they're asking for it. I'd even go so far as to say that it's probably the other way around actually, at least that's my impression of this community....

Then there is that talk show you mentioned...
I gotta admit I didn't listen to all of it, but the parts I listened to got a good laugh out of me because it's obviously the most uninformed "report" I've ever heard about anything.
However, I can see why people would be upset about it.
On that note, hate is never an appropriate response to anything, but that goes both ways. The only exceptions I would make here are Nazis and Racists which are pretty much one of a kind but more about that later.
For now, I think that video needs to be looked at a little more critically, because we never got to hear/see the actual contents of any of the hatemail, except for the one from Bronycon officials which I'm sure was using proper form. On that note, sensationalist press like that is usually quick to label everything as hatemail that disagrees with their point of view, so I'd be careful to just take that as it stands.
And sorry Stern, but there are certain procedures that press has to follow on any convention, you are not above that!
To give you an example, a German TV-show made an extremely biased report about last years gamescom in Cologne, depicting it's visitors mostly as freaks, nerds and potential homicidal maniacs... needless to say, they were sent back home right away when they showed up this year... that was to be expected though.

Either way, I think that report's only goal was to cause an uproar, and any new fandom is an easy target andI think people were right to not just let this go but the way they went about it probably wasn't ideal. Then again, this is the internet... when has any response to a problem on the internet ever been the proper way to deal with it? There's just too many loud voices out there that have obviously no brain attached to their mouth...

If Bronies couldn't take the hate they get, you'd probably see ponies all over this forum in response to all the ******** people are talking about them in their own topic. If you are being attacked by someone you are entitled to fight back, isn't that one of the principles american society is built on? Bronies arguing with "haters" is not a sign of them not being able to swallow the hate they get, it's them exercising their right to defend their opinion, honor and freedom against (mostly) baseless insults and accusations.

There are idiots in the community, but I can tell you most Bronies find them just as annoying as everyone else does...

Then there are the Cloppers with the stuff that is basically "just" r34. There's that kind in every community on the internet though, and if you're not specifically looking for it, you'll be able to avoid it for the most part. As with everything, there are those who are "all in your face" about it but there are very few of those and they're usually not that vocal.
The point is, I can accept that this part of the community exists, but I find it weird and to some degree even creepy but I'm not going to judge anyone for it as long as they don't force it on me...

The following is not directed at you!
What I'm mostly getting upset about is when people are trying to attribute certain traits to Bronies just for being Bronies.
You know what kind of people usually do that? Nazis.... yeah, those sh-- brown a--holes that started WWII...
They justified killing millions of innocent people using that same logic and I see people using that kind of logic everywhere on the internet and it pi--es me the f--- off because most of the time they get away with it!
So don't act like that, please...?

Sorry, this happens with a lot of topics even when there are no Bronies involved...
However, being suspicious of a whole community just because of certain individuals you've met is not an attitude I'd support in any case, even if I weren't part of the group this discussion is about.
Besides, being suspicious of Bronies in general would also include that friend of yours, wouldn't it?

On a side note, the reason I brought up that ****-thing is the following:
I rolled with the ELPMC-guys a few times lately, and one night we had some guy dropping in our TS-channel asking if we had a spot left in our group so we invited him and he played with us for about 2-3 hrs, then he asked "Hey guys, what's ELPMC stand for?" and all of us were like ;), someone told him: "It stands for Eridany Light Pony Merc Corp" and his only response was: "Oh, you're those guys ;) ", some where making jokes about: "He's probably gonna sit in the bathroom for the next 2 hours screaming *I can't get it off, I can't get it off!*" but that was it. He went silent for the whole match we just started and just dropped out of the group and the TS-channel without saying anything... I mean ***?!? He played with us for 3 hours straight and the reason he didn't notice until he asked was that none of us talked about ponies the whole time, we were calling out targets and talking about mechbuilds like every other mercunit, and then he finds out we like ponies and suddenly he doesn't like us anymore?!? Sorry but that's just racist...

#56 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostSteve Varayis, on 23 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Lots of words...

You fail to mention that on that link that the majority of bronies in that thread show their disapproval of that project, and don't think it will even take off.

As for Howard Stern, the reason for the outrage was because of the context that was eliminated. They interviewed a lot of people at the convention, but only featured those that gave them the material they wanted.

Making fun of Christians and Muslims is one thing, because everybody knows who they are, what they do, and can decide on what parts are true, and which parts aren't. Bronies on the other hand, despite being quite widespread online, are still relatively unknown to the general public, so things like the Howard Stern segment do a lot of harm, as evidenced by most people's perception of us.

Not to say bronies don't have bad apples. We do, just like any other fandom. The problem arises when they end up getting more publicity than the rest of the fandom.

What doesn't make any of the headlines, is stuff like this:
http://www.betterpla...eds-of-kindness

A music album made by many known and unknown musicians of the fandom, which raised close to $50,000 towards helping the people of Uganda.

Within just a few weeks, the project earned enough money to fund all those projects, and more on top of that to fund optional projects.

Add this on top of the Smile Christmas Charity album, which earned over $26,000 towards the Children's Cancer Association's Chemo Pal Program.

Just these 2 projects alone, raised close to $75,000 towards charity, just from the fandom's musicians. Add in the other charity funds conducted by Military Bronies, the Humble Brony Bundle, etc. and we've easily surpassed a couple hundred thousand dollars.

That's the fandom I know and love, and why I still consider myself a brony. The bad apples may harm our reputation, but only if people choose to overlook everything good that fandom has done, which is exactly what you're doing, Mr. Varayis.

Did you know that my participation in these charity projects helped earn me a better evaluation by my command when ranked among my E-5 peers? I will stay classy.

And no. Just because you decided to showcase a few bad apples, does not mean, "That is why you should treat Bronies with suspicion and if necessary, disliking."

You can hate on the bad apples all you'd like. As evidenced in the thread you directly linked, we're not too happy with those folks as well. To say this as an excuse to insult or post unsavory remarks about the bronies here is quite sad, because they haven't done anything to you.

Same goes for our furry friends here. They haven't done anything to this forum or members to provoke the hatred they receive. It's time enough we do away with this, "guilty by association," ****. I wouldn't be calling myself a brony if I wasn't proud of what I've seen what bronies can do.

#57 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Here's something I don't understand, since "cloppers" tends to be one of the issues. I'm going to use something people may be a bit more fimilar with. We're going to change gears for a moment.

Star Wars:[mostly because this is an easy reference for people to understand] Star Wars has been around since the late 70's.. and since then, there's been artwork of a rather... "Rule 34" variety... Especially of Princess Leia, and later of the Twi'lek's and other races. It's well known that this stuff's around, but people don't focus on it, instead they focus on the fundraising work that groups like the Mandolorian Mercernaries, and the 501st and Rebel Legion does.

So, now we have Brony's, a fandom that has exploded in a mere 3 years. A movement that has several charity's sprung up around it that has done just as much good in the time it's been around, as the Star Wars fandom has in it's time. Yet all ANYONE can seem to focus on is the negative side... on the cloppers and the ones making plushies with holes in their back end, and on the adult art side of things.

THIS STUFF HAS BEEN IN EVERY OTHER FANDOM EVER! So why are people so focused on the brony's? heck some of the voice actors even get a chuckle out of the Rule 34 images and the adult themes some of the fans have put out there *CoughTaraStrongcough* Tara even did a fan request for a rather suggestive video piece with Twilight Sparkle... And she's even posted fanart of Twilight in bathing suits on her twitter... If the voice actors don't care... why does everyone else?

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 24 August 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#58 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

That's easy enough. Strange things make easy targets. ****, Stern's made a living of targeting the freaks, geeks, and oddities for all and sundry- and joined in the show (Hello, Fartman) when it pleased him. He's the kind of guy who was a /b/rother before 4Chan even existed, and I don't say that as a bad thing.

We have a tradition in the American media of painting odd parts of the culture in a poor light, simply because people like to look at the weird people being weird from their lofty heights of whitebread American morality. Usually after making sure nobody saw the ball gag and leather spanker hanging in the back of their closets first. Bronies, Trekkies, Star Wars fans, gamers, you name it, someone will paint it and blame it.

After having some random guy on the street scream at me for half an hour for being a *****-worshipping child molester because he saw a copy of the D&D Player's Handbook on my table at McDonald's, I tend to look at anything like what Stern does with not with a grain of salt, but an entire deer-herd sized salt lick. Especially since prior to the Pony Thread, I had more than my fair share of misconceptions about the whole fandom.

They're right about the first impressions on MLP, BTW. Hasbro had the greatest amount of heavy-handed influence on the first episode, but that rapidly faded as Faust got further in, the schedule got tighter to produce episodes, and they had to loosen up on the mindless bits.

Personally, I usually point people at Lesson Zero as a perfect example of what the show rapidly became:

Because face it. Watching a purple unicorn slide off the deep end is highly amusing even if you hate them.

#59 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Im sorry but this much be done.

SOOOO MANYYY WORDZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

#60 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 24 August 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

THIS STUFF HAS BEEN IN EVERY OTHER FANDOM EVER! So why are people so focused on the brony's?

It's because people don't want to seem like they're being judgmental when they really are.

For example, take the military bronies like myself. Recently an article came out showing a couple pictures of military bronies wearing MLP patches.

Now, if this was a picture of a soldier wearing a "Fun Meter," patch, people would be like, "That's awesome! Way to go!" and so on.

However, once people saw an MLP patch, it was, "Take that **** off the uniform! That's an unauthorized patch! Stop disrespecting the uniform!" and so on.

They're all unauthorized patches. People just don't seem to care unless it's something they dislike, then all of the sudden they start bringing out the regulations.

Point is, people are hypocritical, and they like to think highly of themselves as being rational thinkers. We see plenty of them here, saying how the ponies don't belong on the MWO forums because they aren't related to MWO, yet they won't call out any other non-MWO topic, or insult its members. Heck, just in the Jettisoned Communications we have:

- Ponies
- Politics
- Puppies
- Dolan
- Furries
- Space Nazis
- Gundam
- Manly Names

Just a short list of non-MWO related topics, and while some threads (ex. furries, dolan, ponies) will continue to receive words of displeasure, chances are you won't see people complaining about a sports discussion, movie, or outdoor activity.

Half the people in this discussion itself are downright hypocrites, who clearly have some form of egotistical, narcissistic issues, and take pride in being open minded, or that they know the rules better. Yet once they see a topic they dislike, all of the sudden they care.

Here's to generic internet tough guys!
*Clinks Glass*

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users