Snakes Are Still Snakes

43 replies to this topic

#41 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostOrihime Asakura, on 23 August 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Say the first victims of the clan invasion.

WHo thought they were Pirates.

The Clans had the firepower and tech to win. They had the poor communication and infighting to lose.

View PostIcePho3nix, on 24 August 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Talking about future events, in present tense, while in a distant past, about a fictional future timeline where the event in question still hasn't happened yet.

To someone who brought it up.
Go back a little further and you'll find me talking pretty in the moment, more than most on this thread in fact, in the mean time, you might not be aware of it, but there's no requirement to talk in "current roleplay time tense" so don't rag me..

Edited by verybad, 25 August 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#42 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Because I don't like having FedSun/FedCon "White Knight" bias. I used to like the FedSuns also, but the Davion forces got to be so disgustingly always on the right side of history in all the novels that I became disenamored with them. Their enemies were always evil and shallow, practically twisting their mustaches and saying "If it weren't for those WonderTeam teenagers my <evil>plan would have worked!"

The Drac's are an interesting faction, their certainly not good guys, but they are INTERESTING. If the FedSuns have a spate of bad luck in the future, I might like them more, but right now it's like rooting for the Yankees...might be OK if your from New York, but othewise it's just because they practically win every match....They're boring. (to me) they went through a period where they could do no wrong, they won everything (usually in a dramatic manner provided by a hero.)

To me, the "Good Guys" are bland. I'll take my slightly corrupt, slightly evil, Samurai mechwarriors.

Edited by verybad, 25 August 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#43 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

As verybad said, we are interesting. Besides, we have the sake and sushi, never to be underestimated :(

#44 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Come to the Rasalhague, we don't have insane, war-like, mad-men breathing down our necks. [yet]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users