Official Mechs

72 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

So so far, as far as I'm concerned, the only mechs I know to be in the game are the Atlas, Hunchback, Jenner, Dragon, Catapult, and Centurion. Are there any others that I missed? And do you think they'll have more to introduce before the game actually comes out? Do you also think that they'll have mechs to pilot in the game that won't be announced at all? And what about clan mechs? Will the Mad Cat, Daishi, and Thor be in our control? Let me know you thoughts.

Edited by Jacob Davion, 05 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#2 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

The game is set before the clan invasion, so until the clan invasion starts, which I am going to guess that will be a huge game wide event, at the start of the game it seems like we will only be able to play Inner Sphere with Inner Sphere mechs to start with, the clans will open later, to my understanding, as for what clan mechs they put in, they have not given that information yet.

#3 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Your new so I'll d a little sum up. The six mechs shown are the known mechs thus far. Atleast one new mech will be posted every month untill release. Upon release there may be more. As of now, it unknown how many mech will be in the game upon launch. The year is 3049 so, no Clan at this time. Skim through some of the other threads to get caught up,

#4 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 05 February 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Your new so I'll d a little sum up. The six mechs shown are the known mechs thus far. Atleast one new mech will be posted every month untill release. Upon release there may be more. As of now, it unknown how many mech will be in the game upon launch. The year is 3049 so, no Clan at this time. Skim through some of the other threads to get caught up,

Appreciate it. :D Will do!

#5 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Are there any specific mechs either of you really wish to see?

#6 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Tons but there is still questions of which mechs they can use, Morgan Kell was one of my favorite characters in the books, and he piloted an Archer, but that is one of the models caught up in the Harmony Gold/Robotech lawsuit. So a ton of people would like to see the unseen. Archer, Warhammer, Marauder, Longbow (even though we had them in MW4), Phoenix Hawk, Locust, Battlemaster, Rilfeman. I think lots of people want the unseen in, because many of us grew up playing CBT and had those mechs, Hell I still have my plastic ones from the old boxed set.

I'm not going to even speculate on the clans yet, I love the Turkina B when it comes to the clans and hope to see it on day, but the turkey was not first seen until 3055.

Posted Image

#7 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostShalmyan Moonsong, on 05 February 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Tons but there is still questions of which mechs they can use, Morgan Kell was one of my favorite characters in the books, and he piloted an Archer, but that is one of the models caught up in the Harmony Gold/Robotech lawsuit. So a ton of people would like to see the unseen. Archer, Warhammer, Marauder, Longbow (even though we had them in MW4), Phoenix Hawk, Locust, Battlemaster, Rilfeman. I think lots of people want the unseen in, because many of us grew up playing CBT and had those mechs, Hell I still have my plastic ones from the old boxed set.

I'm not going to even speculate on the clans yet, I love the Turkina B when it comes to the clans and hope to see it on day, but the turkey was not first seen until 3055.

Posted Image

Wow. How odd is it that I'm in love with the exact same mech? The Turky B and the Warhawk C are my little buddies.

#8 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Well Canonically the Clan Invasion Began in August of 3049 so expect to see Clan Mechs almost right off the bat, and dont forget that Wolfs Dragoons brought Mechs with them as well. I suspect that when asked about the Mechs that hadnt been seen in the Inner Sphere in 300+ years the answer was 'We found a SLDF Cache'.

#9 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well Canonically the Clan Invasion Began in August of 3049.

According to sarna.net I can agree with you!

#10 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well Canonically the Clan Invasion Began in August of 3049 so expect to see Clan Mechs almost right off the bat, and dont forget that Wolfs Dragoons brought Mechs with them as well. I suspect that when asked about the Mechs that hadnt been seen in the Inner Sphere in 300+ years the answer was 'We found a SLDF Cache'.

They never answered that question when asked. They did have 4 or so mech that were Old Clan but did not have "Clan Tech". They were so old that it was assumed the designs were SLDF. When asked about those, Wolf told them to mind thier own business.
The Clans hit the outer Periphery mid 3049. The first major IS body to come in contact were the Kell Hounds. No one got a good look at them untill 3050. (Except Phelen Kell.)

Edited by Thorolf Kylesson, 06 February 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#11 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 06 February 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

They never answered that question when asked. They did have 4 or so mech that were Old Clan but did not have "Clan Tech". They were so old that it was assumed the designs were SLDF.
The Clans hit the outer Periphery mid 2049. The first major IS body to come in contact were the Kell Hounds. No one got a good look at them untill 3050. (Except Phelen Kell.)

Well maybe one of the designs they saw the clans have was the Woodsman (which is another mech I like :D. Hope they have it in the game as well!) But I'm not sure if that was one of the designs they had at the time or not.

#12 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

And people are correct, the clans first hit the Inner Sphere in 3049 (outer Periphery as Thorolf mentioned), and in the space of the great houses in 3050. So I doubt clans will be playable or clan tech will be available at launch, I know there are a ton of people that think they will be able to download the game and play clan and have clan tech from the start, but I don't think that is going to happen.

The Mech mentioned in my post was the Turkina which was not first seen until 3055, so five to six years down the road, many Omni mechs came with the first wave of clan forces, the Turkina was not one of them, in fact the Turkina B, a variant that had no ammunition based weapons equipped, and was designed for the Battle of Tukayyid. The Jade Falcons saw what comstar was doing and reconfigured the mech to be able to go for as long as the mechwarrior was alive, without need to resupply, making it able to fight the prolonged battle comstar had planned, Clan Jade Falcon got a draw for their efforts.

Edited by Shalmyan Moonsong, 06 February 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#13 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostThorolf Kylesson, on 06 February 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I have heard it mentioned but never seen it. Is it in a book that I don't know about?

Everything you need to know. Right here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Woodsman

#14 Thorolf Kylesson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostJacob Davion, on 06 February 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Everything you need to know. Right here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Woodsman

Thats why I hadn't seen. The material is only in PDF.

#15 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

I agree Shalmyan Moonsong, it would make no sense in the current timeframe (3049) and timescale (+1 day ingame/real time) to doubt clans will be playable and/or their technology will be available at launch and i really hope to see even stockmechs only and/or very severe limitations in the mech customizing.

#16 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostArgent Usher, on 06 February 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

I agree Shalmyan Moonsong, it would make no sense in the current timeframe (3049) and timescale (+1 day ingame/real time) to doubt clans will be playable and/or their technology will be available at launch and i really hope to see even stockmechs only and/or very severe limitations in the mech customizing.

I strongly disagree. I would love to customize an Atlas to my liking.

#17 Gregory Harper

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Customization in CBT was always a matter of affordability, availability, and being able to find someone with the know-how and facilities to do the job. Unless players are starting as the rich and powerful, I would like to see the limitations based on similar restrictions...

Edited by Gregory Harper, 06 February 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#18 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

I assume that by the release date, we will have been presented with 12 different 'mechs. Whether or not there are more that will be hidden until the release is up in the air.

Further, whether there will be a bunch more available for immediate purchase on the release date is also unknown, but I sure do hope so, because 12 'mechs really feels lacking.

I have doubts that clantech will crop up right away, especially as the Clans are said to not crop up right away.

#19 AceWreckingCrew

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

Also do not fail to remember that the clans upon the invasion were unknown and did not lose a whole lot either. We probably will not see clan mechs for a year or so. The Draconis Combine captured some in the 2nd year as did The Federated Suns. As for playing the clans, that will probably be an unlock. You have to earn it Quiaff? For the 3055 clan mechs. Kodiak for me. I was sold on the first loading of MW2: GBL. Ordered the mini the next day. Now I have 3.

#20 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

One thing to remember is the nature of F2P allows for a stream of Battelmechs to be added over the long term on a consistent basis. Don't expect the game to have more than one Mech per tonnage from 20 through to 100 tons if that come launch. However, I'd expect a rapid and continued expansion of available chassis post launch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users