Chat Frequencies

3 replies to this topic

#1 lone wolf

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSin City, NV

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Something i was thinking about today seemed really cool and would fit in well canon and gameplay-wise; chat frequences. These would be 2 mapped (mapable) keys that would let you access 2 DIFFERENT ventrilo-esque voice chat channels one specifically for your lance and one for the COMMAND frequency. The former would be good to have to coordinate with lancemates and let each other know about enemy sights while the other would be useful for lance commanders and above as a way to talk to command and to recieve new orders from the higher ups. The lance frequencies might even be able to override the lance frequency in the case of giving out new orders or calling for a retreat or some such.

Let me know what you think.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

And then when the Clans come, it would be for your star and open comms so you can issue batchalls :D

I do actually like this idea though.

#3 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think that would be an elegant solution to command structure.

#4 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Comm structure.

Open/command channel - All Lance/Star leaders would be able to hear these by default, use to give/request orders and report on battlefield situations. This channel would preferably only be useable to talk in by Lance/Star leaders unless the leader has been put out of commission.

Lance/Star channel - Only members of the same Lance/Star will be able to hear/talk in these, non-leader members chat can be cut-off/temporarily overridden by choice of the leader in case orders or something else needs to be given.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users