6 replies to this topic

#1 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I didn't see this topic in the three pages of this forum so I'm hoping it hasn't been asked.

Who is your favorite Clansman or woman in the literature and/or other media? Mine would have to be Star Commander Joanna of Jade Falcon. I've read the Jade Phoenix trilogy several times and she always stands out to me.

I think there's always something tragic about someone who is the best trainer, but never really succeeds in their career otherwise, no matter how hard they try. Credit always goes to the trainee and the coach is often forgotten. Despite so many accomplishments and victories she's never able to "get there".

In my opinion, Aidan would never have been bloodnamed without Joanna's shortcomings. She's a fantastic character.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

If you have never read I am Jade Falcon, do so, you will very much enjoy it.

My favourite character has to be Jake Kabrinski from the Test of Vengence Novel, written by the Ghost Bear founder himself, Bryan Nystrul... How I wish I could chat with him for a few hours.

Jake Kabrinski is a ristar within the Ghost Bear touman. He has never lost, and in the start of the book takes out a Atlas Pilot by himself. He is a bit too full of himself and when granted a combined arms SuperNova Trinary he realizes that Command is not as easy as it seemed.

Other one, sorry I love my Ghost Bear family... Roar of Honor, where Angela Bekker, leading a Trinary gets 'used' by her Clan to allow them to launch attacks on Clan Wolf.

Her newly formed Trinary is stationed by itself on Toffen. She in the past bent the rules of Zellbrigen for the honor of her Clan during Tukayyid iirc. A Cluster of Clan Wolf comes to take Toffen for the glory of the Wolves, and after being beat down with his inital bid of a trinary, he calls down a second.

These two novels, and their main characters are probably two of my favourite. :D

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Phelan Kell for liked. natasha kerensky for most disliked

Edited by Geist Null, 06 February 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 06 February 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Phelan Kell for liked. natasha kerensky for most disliked

Really you dislike Natasha. What do you dislike about her? Though I will admit, I did get quite amused with Natasha's death.

#5 JackCrow

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Too easy. Vlad Ward. Hands down.

#6 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

I haven't read I am Jade Falcon yet, but I've been eager to. It's on my "to read" list.

#7 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 06 February 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Really you dislike Natasha. What do you dislike about her? Though I will admit, I did get quite amused with Natasha's death.

View PostCoffiNail, on 06 February 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yes... I mean have you seen the old source books, whats not to like?

Posted Image

Though if your basing your opinions solely on the Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, I get your meaning. I did really like Phelan Kell too... I also liked all the sibko soap operas.

Edited by Logan Solo Sinclair, 06 February 2012 - 07:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users