Who dropped the ball?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bigz Seldona

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but whats happening with the gaming industry as of late? There way too many games getting pumped and dumped on us that wind up as garbage. I know the microtransactions is a trend that will save a few games out there, and a last ditch affort on those who dropped the ball. So who dropped the ball? I think it is the pandering to the console players which has regained in popularity for now. But good things do come to an end (nothing against console systems btw). I am excited for this game though and I am certainly hooked already!! What is the collective opinion of you fellow gamers?

~ Bigz Seldona

#2 Battle Hawk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

***? You said it is a good game and also asking who dropped the ball... You lost me on this on...

#3 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

The gaming industry is a very lucrative business, and growingly so. It is bigger than books, movies and music. How many crappy blockbuster films are made yearly? Same for books and cds.

The real issue is that gaming, being quite young, has not got as many discerning customers as other forms of entertainment, and its very technology dependant, hence it is heavily blockbuster-driven, hence few studios are willing to take risks.

I can foresee the industry becoming split between casual, hardcore and "classy" gaming. As we are exigent gamers, we should support whoever takes risks and tries to innovate, especially small studios. (me thinks) By being intelligent customers, we can do a lot of good for the whole industry.

ps. Is this what you were talking about?

#4 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Star Trek Online haz dropped the balls

...survive with pay2win..boring as hell :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users