help with second hand Battlefield 3 buy

14 replies to this topic

#1 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

hello,I have bad company 2 for pc and this dude from other city wants to sell Battlefield 3 and buy BC 2 so I want to swap things

he said we dont even need to meet,just swap codes but my question is can I just instal the game from torrent,and then just put in his username and password to play?

what should I do to avoid being "graped" and left with no game? and dont tell me I should buy original I am very poor person,thanks lol

#2 DeadlyDave083

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

I think the battlefield 3 key might be linked to his origin account so i dont think it will work even if he gave you the key. When i bought it from game stop i had to link it to origin before i could play online.

#3 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

View PostDeadlyDave083, on 23 August 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

I think the battlefield 3 key might be linked to his origin account so i dont think it will work even if he gave you the key. When i bought it from game stop i had to link it to origin before i could play online.

what if the selling dude get me his origin username and password... can I play then?

can I use torrent version or do I need to bother to get his CD?

Edited by neodym, 23 August 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#4 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

If he gave you his origin user/pass you could just download it via origin, no need to use any filesharing at all. You'd get access to all his titles he has on his origin (former EA Downloader) account. Account selling might also be against the user agreement of origin, though i don't know how they would find out*, they will ban you for it.

*(unless the dude writes EA an angry email stating his account was hacked, scamming you out of 'your' BF3)

#5 Phatel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

just go get a new copy of BF3, they are cheap and come with 0 risk of anyone screwing you.

#6 Maire Devylin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Just buy the game, you are going through way too much trouble.

Edited by Maire Devylin, 23 August 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#7 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostFeindfeuer, on 23 August 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

If he gave you his origin user/pass you could just download it via origin, no need to use any filesharing at all. You'd get access to all his titles he has on his origin (former EA Downloader) account. Account selling might also be against the user agreement of origin, though i don't know how they would find out*, they will ban you for it.

*(unless the dude writes EA an angry email stating his account was hacked, scamming you out of 'your' BF3)

also can he play my Bad Company 2 without me giving him the CD? just login and password?

lol I like your quote ;)

Edited by neodym, 23 August 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#8 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

He could add your BC 2 to an origin account (either a new one, or the one he wants to trade you) and than download it via origin, no physical copy (or torrent download) needed. But like others have said already, BF3 an be bought cheap now, just buy it and be on the safe side.

#9 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostFeindfeuer, on 23 August 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

He could add your BC 2 to an origin account (either a new one, or the one he wants to trade you) and than download it via origin, no physical copy (or torrent download) needed. But like others have said already, BF3 an be bought cheap now, just buy it and be on the safe side.

are you 100% sure on that? I am in europe,if yes I am swapping right now

#10 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have my BC2 in my origin list, and i bought it as a physical copy, just added the key via the 'enter serial something something' option.

#11 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostFeindfeuer, on 23 August 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

I have my BC2 in my origin list, and i bought it as a physical copy, just added the key via the 'enter serial something something' option.

great,I love you ( semi gay bro hug ) thanks man :D

#12 Acid Phreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

don´t buy this from privat guys

he is probably in the option to get his game/origin account back.

he can write a hacked on account ticket to the support of origin to gain his account back. doesnt matter to the origin support that u already payed for...

i know those tictacs from guys around me. es example i know one guy there is selling repeat a huge steam account with many many games in it and he get his account back after selling it.

so i prefer u don´t buy this hoax and get the game yourself 100% safe in a shop.

Edited by Acid Phreak, 23 August 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#13 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostAcid Phreak, on 23 August 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

don´t buy this from privat guys

he is probably in the option to get his game/origin account back.

he can write a hacked on account ticket to the support of origin to gain his account back. doesnt matter to the origin support that u already payed for...

i know those tictacs from guys around me. es example i know one guy there is selling repeat a huge steam account with many many games in it and he get his account back after selling it.

so i prefer u don´t buy this hoax and get the game yourself 100% safe in a shop.

thanks for warning,makes sense but I still risk it... I cant stand the BC2 anymore,got 800 hours in it so if its scam all I lose is game that
I dont play worth 10 euro max if sold second hand

#14 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

i mentioned this possibility earlier, but i might've been not loud enought about it. So one 'like' for your post Acid Phreak; and i'm also posting again just to make it clearer that this is a very real possibility and that you (neodym) should just buy it somewhere from a store (retail or online) to be safe.

#15 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostFeindfeuer, on 23 August 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

i mentioned this possibility earlier, but i might've been not loud enought about it. So one 'like' for your post Acid Phreak; and i'm also posting again just to make it clearer that this is a very real possibility and that you (neodym) should just buy it somewhere from a store (retail or online) to be safe.

I used to be rich but the I took adulthood to the knee and since then buying anything except food is too big of luxury most of the time

if I had money I would be ballin with legendary and battlefield with all expansion packs obviously not making this thread,I just wanted
the info how it goes,witch I got,thanks everybody :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users