Do any MechWarrior fans still play WarCraft 3?

2 replies to this topic

Poll: WarCraft 3 (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you enjoyed War3 recently?

1. Yes I have. (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No I have not. (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Have you ever made a good map with the world editor?

1. Yes I have. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No I have not. (5 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. I don't know what you're talking about. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Thornix

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

I doubt there are many people that still like WarCraft 3, and even less that also like MechWarrior because their were no very interesting maps that combined the two, so I was wondering if anyone on this site, besides me, still plays WarCraft 3. Warcraft 3 was a strategy game made by Blizzard, and WoW (which you are all familiar with) came out soon after War3 was finished.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

I prefer AoE and C&C to Blizzard's RTSs, but not playing through the story of WC3 and the Frozen Throne is a sin.

However, I never made any maps of my own, unlike in AoE.

#3 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I play it from time to time over the years. I always return at some point, brushing back up on my knowledge in the game, then quiting again; as if it's some knowledge I need to retain when it's really not. It was however the first real multiplayer I played and it's interesting to view it as I change over the years while the game doesn't seem to change at all. If I played it today I know it'd have the same amount of ignorant uneducated trash kids that it had back then. I still have it installed on this computer but I'm upgrading next month and this time I won't be carrying War3 over to the new rig. It's been reinstalled countless times over the years; this time it's going to be left behind. Next month will be the first time since War3's release that I won't have it installed on my computer.

It's ultimately depressing though to see what was the world's best RTS abandoned by its creators; never properly balanced before they just moved on and left it behind. It's overrun with bots and hackers and they just don't care. They leave a few servers running for it just to "look" like they care. I know every game is left behind at a certain point, but War3 never got the polish it should have gotten and was flat out abandoned before its time. Once World Of Warcraft came out and quickly brought them in 15$ a month from millions of players... well let's just say Blizzard was never the same since then.

Edited by Bluten, 23 August 2012 - 05:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users