How Long Have You Been Playing MW?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Savattarius505

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I remember the first time I played MW was when I was like 7 or 8 years old. MW3 Just came out and my Dad played it a lot with my uncle online. Eventually, I started playing because at such a young age, who wouldn't want to run around in a giant robot with guns? Even today I still play MW4: Mercs and I get WAY involved with the game. I'm always messing around in the Mech Lab to figure out what works and what to avoid. I can't wait for the open beta to see if Online even holds a candle to the past games.

#2 Sinnersaix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sinse MW 2, got addicted, but i know the Universe from the TT...i think i was 8-9 or so.

#3 Blackheart

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Since it was table top, around 1986. I remember the Battletech boxset that FASA released and I was hooked. I had just about everything until about 92 when I dropped out but I never lost touch with it. I got back into it in the midlate 90s with the new PC games. Been with it ever since. A few years ago, I found the original boxset again at a Goodwill type store for $5 in near new condition. My girlfriend at the time just rolled her eyes when I bought it. I was a happy pup :D

Damn... did I just show my age?

Edited by Blackheart, 23 August 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#4 Rockbender

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

~chuckle~

Do you mean the metal minis game or the computer game?

I started playing the metal minis game in '87...

The computer games with Crescent Hawks Revenge just a little bit later ('90).

#5 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I started with MW3, my best friend's brother had a demo copy of the game, I played a few seconds of it and that was all it took.
I must have been 11 or 12 at the time. Shortly after that I begged my parents for a new computer, got the game proper and played it for hours and beat the main campaign, then I saw this online option and decided to give it a try. I have never been the same since.

#6 ThePieMaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNew Canton, Griffin Base

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Played MW1 when I was very little(3 or so)
Played every game since then except MW3

#7 Meteor Hammer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

I played MW2 when it first came out (as Clan Wolf first because their invitation letter was nicer), and both expansions (although I had to wait a while after buying Mercs before I had a PC that could run it). On a trip to America in the late nineties I played in a Battletech pod thingy in Times Square. By MW3 I was no longer playing PC games, but I picked up all of MW4 and both Xbox Mech Assault games when they came out too (I really quite enjoyed Mech Assault). Just started playing Mech Commander 2 this week as well :D

Meteor Hammer

#8 4ArmedTryhard

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Started playing with the MW2 multiplayer demo, before the patches broke it. Also somewhat young, must have been middle school age'd at the time.

Every title since up until this point, as far as the games are concerned, with MWLL on the side.

'Tis silly how many things change with the titles, and how many things remain the same. Good times.

Edited by Voenkom Volk, 23 August 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#9 Blackheart

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostMeteor Hammer, on 23 August 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

I played MW2 when it first came out (as Clan Wolf first because their invitation letter was nicer), and both expansions (although I had to wait a while after buying Mercs before I had a PC that could run it). On a trip to America in the late nineties I played in a Battletech pod thingy in Times Square. By MW3 I was no longer playing PC games, but I picked up all of MW4 and both Xbox Mech Assault games when they came out too (I really quite enjoyed Mech Assault). Just started playing Mech Commander 2 this week as well :P

Meteor Hammer

You mention the Battletech pods/arcade thing. I still have one south of me. They even still play that intro video with Judge Rinehold, among others. Check out the video here and have a laugh :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users