Ideas for Cockpit Customization

10 replies to this topic

#1 Theodoric

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

I kinda want the ability to customize the so called, "Nagging Norah" in the Battlemech. That lovely dame that's always chirping "Critical Hit, PPC" "Heat Level Critical" "Enemy Powerup Detected" and all that jazz.. I'm not sure if its been brought up before. I also wanted to know if maybe we could import pictures that our Mechwarriors could tape on the inside. I'm not sure if that particular example would work in the canon though, I'm not all familiar with the backstory.

#2 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

I would absolutely love the one from MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. The other MechWarrior 2 games utilized some of her voice but the start up sequence was from a different sounding voice...deeper, with less life in it....and not as 'right'. I'm not saying have that be THE voice. But having it as an option would be nice. If primitive GPS units way back in the 21st century offered multiple voices then who is to say a modern, war hardened Atlas couldn't notify you with a cockney accent.

Edited by Azalie, 06 February 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#3 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostAzalie, on 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I would absolutely love the one from MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. The other MechWarrior 2 games utilized some of her voice but the start up sequence was from a different sounding voice...deeper, with less life in it....and not as 'right'.

View PostAzalie, on 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I would absolutely love the one from MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. The other MechWarrior 2 games utilized some of her voice but the start up sequence was from a different sounding voice...deeper, with less life in it....and not as 'right'.

Loved the 'out of the field' artwork in Mercs, and how each 'mech was different slightly in 'pit, but it definitely was less sim more shooter than earlier games in the series not published by activision. Ahh, Infocom we hardly knew yee.

As to the OP yes that would be cool to have an option to put in custom sounds for all your in cockpit warnings/messages.
It doesn't sound too difficult to implement, like there are only so many warnings/messages, maybe add the option in menu to put in custom ones. Just sayn'...

Posted Image

Make it so?

Posted Image

Edited by Logan Solo Sinclair, 06 February 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#4 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

yes please to this idea! i think a 75yo chain smoking grandmother should be the one to tell me my mech is having heat issues. "excuse me honey *cough* were running a little hot *hack* you should stop a minute and have some soup, you look hungry, you eating enough?"

#5 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Mmmm soup!

Posted Image

#6 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image
I request this robo-lickspittle to annonce all voice events.

#7 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

I like the idea, and let's add some fuzzy dice too... though my opinion, an Elvis bobble head would be what I want.. Go Snord's!

#8 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostLima Zulu, on 06 February 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Posted Image
I request this robo-lickspittle to annonce all voice events.

Love me some LEXX(Zev too of course! And Kai is serious business, real talk!)

Also, I asked for this in the one topic I created, but...

Some more Cowbell... Pretty Please?

Posted Image

#9 Outlaw Wolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationStatus: Classified

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yes to having an option to change the voice (most likely a drop down or selection menu of presets but hey its an idea!)

Some cosmetic changes would be sweet to (Hula Dancer, bobbleheads, fuzzy dice, some random pictures posted in the cockpit, maybe a cup holder or something) Just to add some personal feeling to it :)

#10 DeathVader

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

the thing i want the most is the option to change the damage hud into numbers or a bar or something better for me to know how much exactly my mechs health and the parts have left.
the voice why cant the devs just use the ones from any old mw games

#11 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I want the ability to customize my pilot's appearance. I would pay money to be able to change the pilot's gender and outfit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users