LFG

4 replies to this topic

#1 geck0 icaza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

I just thought of something pretty cool.

If the devs balance this out right, and make a balanced lance something to be utterly feared, you might see things like this.

{lobby chat}

Player name 1:Scout LFG
Player name 2: /whispers Commander inv pls
Player name 1:LF2M need as/def
Player name 3: /whispers Def inv
Player name 4: /whispers interested

[Party chat]

Player name 1: cool, where to guys?...

Might be a beautiful thing. Fun to think of all the possibilities when a solid team going in would be a common understanding between all players.

Let the flame begin

#2 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

*shrugs* meh

#3 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have a better idea:

Lone wolves queue for matches with explicit specification of a role, i.e. you have checkboxes for the roles you can/want to fill.

A unit that is about to drop planetside in 10 mins: Oh crap, we still have 2 pilots AWOL.
Unit commander opens "LFG" window and enters a "need 1 scout, need 1 as/def" request. The game matches that request with LWs that signed up for the appropriate roles and gives them "accept/deny" pop-up window with the info on recruiting unit and upcoming mission. If they deny/timeout, same window pops for the next LW in the queue for that particular role.

#4 geck0 icaza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Honestly it wouldn't matter to me either way. Both accomplish the same thing: setting up the expectation of team work along with a balanced team.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think it will be made automatically. Just set the number of peoples in a specific role (1 cmd, 3 atk, 3 def, 2 scouts for example) and fill these positions. It brings less teamplay, but more gameplay, since it would be very hard for lone wolfs to find a game to play. ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users