Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

heh.. the old MW show... lolercopter

Tanks and aerospace fighters are confirmed, the devs are just not announcing them because they are putting together a colorful and voice acted plot we all get to play through that explains why every one is a sith lord... er i mean every one is a special ops tank/mech/aerofighter pilot.

And seriously what ever happend to there only ever being two, master and apprentice? Did that just go out the window?

#182 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yes, it has gone out the window, there was also a time before it came in the window.

In order to enhance realism and engage with a more modern demographic the devs are implementing an exciting new feature called "Real-World Intel". Players real world location will be assigned to an in-game planet. When that player's faction is fighting on a particular planet they will be given GPS coordinates, when they reach the coordinates they use a special MWO app to take pictures which will be translated into in-game battlefield intellegence. If no one goes then your team has to fight at a disadvantage.

#183 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

There will be easter eggs hidden somewhere, e.g. a golden hula girl statue in the company lobby of a certain 'hula physics corporation'. ;)

Every 1st of april, the game will turn into 'anime robots online'.

There will be a black market, where shady peope try to sell you mech parts in slightly used condition.

#184 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

It is confirmed that there will be larger then 100 ton mechs at launch per the MW:O FB page. There will be a 200 mech just for paul. Also there will be a 300 mech that shoots naval ppc's for when paul's 200 ton mech gets taken out.

#185 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 18 February 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I am going to filter the forums for anyone who has stated something along the lines of "I haven't seen a screenshot/video/footage so I'm worried/sure it's vaporware" and then delete their accounts at the end of GDC. :)

I bet they are just left over from the '09 reboot, and you guys are just disgruntled employees who are trolling us because that's your ****** (edit: lol, little blue pills are censored). Even beta will be nothing more than an elaborate hoax, an attempt to get revenge on this cruel world filled with cruel people!!

I refuse to believe it is more than vaporware till it is released! Maybe not even then! ;)

Edited by Dihm, 20 February 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#186 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Speculation: Melee will in fact be incorporated into the game. When two Mechs close into necessary proximity of each other the screen will switch to a 3rd-person side view where the combatants will joust for position throwing left-right jabs until said jab makes contact with the chin (or pseudo-chin for those Mechs lacking necks) to which the winning jab will cause recipient Mech's head to extend vertically in a violent fashion accompanied by a visceral ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz! sound!

Fun and laughter will be had by all...

#187 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

After you kill a mech it sits there and wobbles for a few seconds and "Finish Him!" appears on the MFD in your HUD. If you hit the right button sequence your mech will then perform a fatality. There is a different fatality for each mech and variant. The fatality for the Hatchman is really freaking cool. If you're in melee range it takes off both arms with the axe and then decapitates the mech. If you're still at range, it throws the axe in it embeds in the enemy mech which then topples over.

#188 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

I "really like" that speculation. ;)

#189 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

No new ISN New Flash since Feb 17th. Game has been canceled due to lack of interest.

#190 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostDihm, on 20 February 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

No new ISN New Flash since Feb 17th. Game has been canceled due to lack of interest.

Inner Sphere long weekend to celebrate only 2 weeks until the bestesest eva GDC event eva?

#191 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Shhhh, this is wild speculation, not logical speculation.

#192 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

The only starting 'Mech available will be the Urbanmech. It will be painted purple with a huge Pony (from My little Pony) on its chest and back. The first available customizations will be a "I brake for Ponies only" sticker, and a My little Pony action figure for your cockpit (coming in two varients: a hula pony and an Elvis pony).

Aunt Edith is an English teacher and wants me to remove some typos.

Edited by El Loco, 20 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#193 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Reduction to collision damage from "Charging" modules will be a broken mechanic that, in combination with no 360º radar, makes a flank-charging Hermes equipped with an ECM the most OP 'mech in the game (until the Dasher is introduced).

#194 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

After you kill a mech it sits there and wobbles for a few seconds and "Finish Him!" appears on the MFD in your HUD. If you hit the right button sequence your mech will then perform a fatality. There is a different fatality for each mech and variant. The fatality for the Hatchman is really freaking cool. If you're in melee range it takes off both arms with the axe and then decapitates the mech. If you're still at range, it throws the axe in it embeds in the enemy mech which then topples over.

With my luck, I'll just end up slapping my opponent...

#195 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Clans will have "animality" finishing moves when introduced.

#196 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

An executive decision to have all Clan 'mechs wear fursuits will cause Alex to go crazy and burn down the office.
Posted Image

Edited by Solis Obscuri, 20 February 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#197 Nicole Metal

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I think that every pilot will have their own trophy room where when you kill a mech you will rip out its cockpit and control circuits (spine) and display it. Then said mech and polite will have to run around with no cockpit till they can kill you and steal back their head.

#198 autogyro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

MW:O is actually a cell shaded game similar to the concept art.

#199 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 February 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

An executive decision to have all Clan 'mechs wear fursuits will cause Alex to go crazy and burn down the office.
Posted Image

That silly thing has legs like a runway model! ;)

... I know "$ex Sell$" but come-on!

#200 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Does look like a "she". It's still a big improvement over the original.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users