#483 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Wild speculation: I will finish the 3rd part to Helms Deep, an Epic Mech-alog... and if i pull that off some how.. I will continue to update it.. @_@

#484 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

No doubt your Axeman will be called Gimli?

#485 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 06 April 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

No doubt your Axeman will be called Gimli?
: \ uh... no. i hate to break it to you, but i felt that the axeman made a much better uricai. instead i felt that the urbanmech was a way better dwarf!

#486 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

In order to keep the battles from bogging down and make them much more lively, the developers will include a wide variety of battlefield drops that power up each 'mech. Some power ups will improve a mech's shields, replenish armor or ammo, or give temporary weapon upgrades like the multi-laser and energy sword.

One of the more anticipated power drops is the Mech drone. When acquired, your mech will be flanked by a pair of miniature versions of your unit. They will fire at adjacent targets as you and unleash the same, but lower powered weapons as your mech. With each successive upgrade picked up, you'll get additional minimechs that follow you around that will bathe the battlefield in a spray of destruction.

Edited by HanaYuriko, 07 April 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#487 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

A social feed app will allow one to constantly update their facebook and twitter accounts with the current state of their Mech. Emoticons will assist those that do not play the game in understanding what is going on;
  • :excl: - Game is about to start, the tension is high.
  • :o - Enemy Atlas sighted... And it's only 200 meters away!
  • :blush: - I could have sworn I heard "East." So why did everyone go west?
  • :huh: - Why aren't they listening to me? I'm the Commander!
  • :blink: - It's down to me and how many enemies!?
  • ;) - Critical to his ammo. There she blows!
  • :( - We lost.
  • :wub: - "Win" announcement.
  • :ph34r: - A hill, a few trees and me. Let's see how far this AC5 can reach.
  • B) - I suspected this loadout was epic but not this epic!

#488 benwarrior

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationhull

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostMchawkeye, on 09 February 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

When the Devs talk about "working with major controller manufacturers" they are talking about a set of USB dice that you have to roll instead of pulling a trigger on a joystick/pressing a mouse button. In fact, with the dice, they have managed to do away with most of the unnecessary button and keyboard presses that have plagued the older games of the franchise.

If that works, they are talking about representing the action with small, painted figures that also connect via USB so that we can do away with the monitor and more directly control the action.

If that is successful, they'll go wireless with all the above products.

couldn't they just make a 50something button control pad like steel battalion

#489 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

No, no. That's much too easy to do these days. And leaves nothing to luck.

If you run out of fuel for your flamers mid battle you can park your mech next to a bar in the city and fill your flamer tanks with vodka.

#490 Grease Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

VOIP will be included shortly after launch in all its immersive glory, ECM interference eves dropping etc. To prevent players from using 3rd party software PGI will have MWO detect VOIP sofware and close or not start at all with a warning popup to close all VOIP software. The blocked list will initally include only dedicated VOIP sofware such as Mumble and TS but will be eventually be expanded to include things like Steam and Xfire. After weeks of stomping out all possible options the blocked list is huge but effective, then PGI realises they missed something. We are all forced to purchase a USB dongle that does two things 1) it unlocks MWO 2) jams all cell phone signals within a 30 foot radius.

#491 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Wild Speculation made it to the top again? Ah hmm, something apt here. Um... speculative... and wild. I got it! Paul's infatuation with pastel colors and trolling leads him to join a cult. The constant drumming, twirling, singing, and chanting increases his dexterity to the point where he can adequately pilot a mech. Delusions of granduer ensue. He thinks he is Jerome Blake and tries to reorganise PGI along the same format as Comstar. It is no wonder Comstar will not be a playable faction, lack of interest.

#492 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 07 April 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Wild Speculation made it to the top again? Ah hmm, something apt here. Um... speculative... and wild. I got it! Paul's infatuation with pastel colors and trolling leads him to join a cult. The constant drumming, twirling, singing, and chanting increases his dexterity to the point where he can adequately pilot a mech. Delusions of granduer ensue. He thinks he is Jerome Blake and tries to reorganise PGI along the same format as Comstar. It is no wonder Comstar will not be a playable faction, lack of interest.

Are you sure this hasn't already happened? LOL

#493 T0RC4ED

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostPaladin1, on 07 February 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

Serious Atlas does not approve of this unseriousness...

Posted Image

Is that blood.../Sigh an Atlas skewered an entire infantry battalion

#494 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostFetladral, on 07 April 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

No, no. That's much too easy to do these days. And leaves nothing to luck.

If you run out of fuel for your flamers mid battle you can park your mech next to a bar in the city and fill your flamer tanks with vodka.

Furthermore, if you run out of flamer fuel in mid battle you can hop out and siphon gas from any car in the street.

(and then use those flamers to make toast!)

Edited by Zerik, 08 April 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#495 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostZerik, on 08 April 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Furthermore, if you run out of flamer fuel in mid battle you can hop out and siphon gas from any car in the street.

Is that in addition to being able to use vodka or after all the vodka stores have been used up?

#496 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostFetladral, on 08 April 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Is that in addition to being able to use vodka or after all the vodka stores have been used up?

You'll need the vodka for the radiation poisoning you might get.

Did I mention that MWO is taking place in the Zone?

#497 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 08 April 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

Yeah. The Twilight Zone.

Also and this is just a rumor but you can get youtube on your mechs center console screen and if you are really good and rack up alot of kills there may be some extras possibly adult sites. Just a rumor though.

#498 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostOrzorn, on 08 April 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostFetladral, on 08 April 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Yeah. The Twilight Zone.

Also and this is just a rumor but you can get youtube on your mechs center console screen and if you are really good and rack up alot of kills there may be some extras possibly adult sites. Just a rumor though.

MW:O will also be in the Auto Zone. And every other zone as well. ;) MW:O Will be every other zone! BUWAHAHAHAHAH!

Sigh, I'm sorry to announce this guys, but with all the recent activity about *REDACTED* being removed and COMMSTAR making shifty moves, i have to state the inevitable. The clans are no longer invading. It is instead, Paul, at the head of COMMSTAR forcing an early DARK AGES. So instead of us getting our summoners, or timber wolves, we are getting agro mechs and sh!tty saw hands. Then after that we are moving directly into Warhammer 40K online.

Edited by Omigir, 09 April 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#499 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Also most technology will be lost so will only be limited to machine guns, shoulder mounted rockets (todays size not mech sized) and small lasers. You will also need to use the 2 cans and a string method to communicate with your lance.

#500 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostOmigir, on 09 April 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

MW:O will also be in the Auto Zone. And every other zone as well. :huh: MW:O Will be every other zone! BUWAHAHAHAHAH!

This means that MWO is also squarely in the Danger Zone, so we'll have that song constantly playing on maximum volume the entire time. There is no setting to remove it, and the sound file is built into the game and can not be deleted.

REVVING UP YOUR ENGINE, LISTEN TO HER HOWLING ROAR!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users