Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#61 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

I heard they were putting in microsoft kinect support so you can control your mech by waving your arms around and stomping around your living room.

#62 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 08 February 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I heard they were putting in microsoft kinect support so you can control your mech by waving your arms around and stomping around your living room.

And if you pilot a chicken-walker 'Mech, you have to have your back to the screen for it to walk properly. Of course this means you have to point behind you to fire weapons. Get that big mirror handy so you can see what you're doing!

#63 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

*scribble scribble*

Don't mind me.. just taking some notes.

#64 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

That's all right - after all we only started this thread so you would feel at home :)

#65 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostOpus, on 07 February 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

10 Paul will stop trolling.....

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 February 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

*scribble scribble*

Don't mind me.. just taking some notes.

Your speculation has been proven false!

Edited by Frantic Pryde, 08 February 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#66 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostFrantic Pryde, on 08 February 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Your speculation has been proven false!

READ THE TITLE: WILD SPECULATION .. .. .. ..

Sorry I was told no yelling .. ... ... ... :)
:o
But still Wild Speculation :)
:)
:D
I knew he would eventually.....

Edited by Opus, 08 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#67 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

My wild speculation is that next Wednesday will not get here at all soon enough, and we will get to see the MechLab.

#68 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

LOL Maxx - the title is wild speculation not sheer fantasy :)

#69 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 08 February 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

LOL Maxx - the title is wild speculation not sheer fantasy :)

:o Got excited by the "Wild" tag it seems.

#70 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postcobrafive, on 07 February 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Friendly fire or not following the commander (who is a screechy teenager with a poor mic) orders results in immediate execution.

Laughing hurts so much because it's true...:)

View PostTheRulesLawyer, on 07 February 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I believe that all the mech modules will be identifiable by the type of hat they model on the mech's head. For example, the NV module will get you a big honking sam fischer style NV goggle set to wear on your mech.

We'll be able to buy hats? Hmmm... this sounds familiar... Will the second module be indicated by a shoulder monkey?

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 07 February 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

WIld speculation, um... ah, here we go!
Firstly, Pamela Anderson will get the media gig for MWO. She will star in a video with tight facial close ups in a mech cockpit fighting in a Solaris match. After getting awesome killshot on final opponent, she says "Insert super one-liner catch phrase here" as the camera slowly pans out to reveal (keeping it PG-13) she is in the cockpit of a thanatos, which is removing a bra and 'voguing'.

That is pretty wild!

View PostOpus, on 07 February 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

1: Chinese gold farmers will be invading the Capellan Confederation for Flying mounts to sell at the auction house for 999999999 c-bills
2: Paul Will not troll this thread
3: Sandboxes have cat Poo hidden just like Star League loot
4: The Atlas will be renamed - Leetmech
5: The Awesome is renamed - Uberthingy
6: Paul will give us vids of his night fight club test runs
7: the Next mech introduced will be the Mackie
8: Katrinia smiles
9: Word of Blake converts to Mormonism; now every comstar message comes in a pair white shirted guys.
and Finally
10 Paul will stop trolling.....

Ok, not sure I can top this, but I'll try:
  • Predator Drones will be able to be player guided low over the landscape, causing massive brushfires that engulf and destroy entire 'mech companies.
  • In addition to sidestepping, 'mechs will be able to jump obnoxiously high, even without jump jets. Continually jumping will be a popular tactic that renders ballistic weapons and PPCs useless.
  • Because of Predator Drones and missiles being OP, all competitive players will customize their 'mechs to carry as much AMS ammo as possible, leaving room for only Small Lasers as weapons.
  • Players who get enough kills in a single match will be able to man the mass driver batteries of a cap ship during orbital bombardment. This will be the deciding factor in most matches.
  • The Urbie will be in-game, but only for GM's, and it will be upgraded to have a hit-scan Clan Gauss Rifle that auto-aims for head shots, unlimited jump jet range, and about a thousand points of armor everywhere.
  • Someone will succeed in "hacking" one of said Urbies with a suit of BA within the first two weeks after launch, forcing the servers down to put out a hotfix ensuring it can never, ever happen again.
  • 'Mechs with hand actuators will be able to donkey-punch enemies from behind, insta-killing them. Griefers will love the tactic, especially using light, fast 'mechs, but the rest of the community will hate it and QQ.
  • This QQ will lead to introduction of the Hatchetman and Berserker as hard counters, which will only exacerbate the problem.
  • In order to convince players that this melee combat is "fun", the devs will add in flashy special effects, like glowing trails behind the hatchets, and an obnoxious announcers voice that bullhorns each melee kill to the entire server.
  • A few months after launch some players will discover an exploit wherein shooting their own dropship with flamers allows them to not destroy the dropship, but acquire almost unlimited combat XP. Despite community outcry, exploiters will receive little or no disciplinary measures.
  • Eight months after launch, the Centurion will at last kill Optimus Prime, gaining control of both Earth/Terra and the planet Cybertron. The Clans and Comstar will then combine forces to attack Cybertron, and players who pay a fee will be able to gain loyalty points with these factions and battle against NPC Transformer Decepticons for cool salvage prizes like OP weapons, 'mech customization items, and unique titles.
  • Gear from the Cybertron raids will be so gamebreakingly OP that it becomes almost a requirement for PvP, and players begin to spend most of their time grinding instead of PvPing. This results in half the playerbase quitting over disgust over the imbalance, disgust over having to pay for the raid scenario, or just general boredom from lack of opponents and intolerance to grind.
  • Four months later, the Cybertron gear will get nerf-batted into uselessness prompting half the remaining playerbase to ragequit because the crutch-mode they ground for no longer guarantees them victory, and the game is therefore no longer "fun".
  • An attempt to rekindle interest and revenue by adding My Little Pony follow pets (actaully reskinned Scorpion quadmechs) to the cash shop will be poorly received, and the game will go into life-support mode a year after launch.
  • Microsoft will then buy up the intellectual property rights, shut down the servers, and re-launch as an X-Box exclusive Mechassault 3, designed to work with Kinect. The game will be considered dated and will be poorly reviewed, but the Urbie skin mods for Dance Central 2 will be wildly popular.

#71 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostOpus, on 08 February 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

READ THE TITLE: WILD SPECULATION .. .. .. ..

Sorry I was told no yelling .. ... ... ... :)
:o
But still Wild Speculation :)
:)
I knew he would eventually.....

I know, I was just pointing out that no matter how hard we wish, hope and dream....the trolling will never stop! Not until we can get into mechs and hunt every single one of them down across the Inner Sphere!

#72 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostFrantic Pryde, on 08 February 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

I know, I was just pointing out that no matter how hard we wish, hope and dream....the trolling will never stop! Not until we can get into mechs and hunt every single one of them down across the Inner Sphere!

run command /godmode.exe

#73 Tatius Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDavion Space.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

When the devs says this game adheres to the table top rules they actually mean it will be like the dark ages games rule set and we can expect the next reveal to be a buzsaw toting industrial mech.

what a great topic.

#74 Logan Solo Sinclair

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 08 February 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

run command /godmode.exe

[color=#3A3939]ENOLAGAY/[/color][color=#3A3939]GANKEM?[/color]

Edited by Logan Solo Sinclair, 08 February 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#75 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostTatius Pryde, on 08 February 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

When the devs says this game adheres to the table top rules they actually mean it will be like the dark ages games rule set and we can expect the next reveal to be a buzsaw toting industrial mech.

what a great topic.

Can't go wrong with a crotch saw.

#76 Mourning Shadows

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

The fully realised mech lab will allow us to tinker to our hearts content. I for one will place all my heatsinks in my cockpit so I can stay nice and cool while my reactor overheats.

If a scout with the critical spotting skill detects an enemy mechs reactor temp go over 9000, any in range commanders gain the ability to make one in range assault mech go super Sayan for the duration of the match.

Atlas pilots will fit all machine guns, and flamers, with ammo racks in every available slot. We shal call it the "BOOM box".

Gun cameras will allow mech pilots to edge around corners and fire shots with only the end of the arm housing the weapon showing.

The hit boxes for cockpits will be so small that even automatically transferred damage from a destroyed torso won't be able to damage it.

"Legging" will never make a comeback.

Flushing your coolant will leave a James bond style oil slick behind your mech.

Destroying a prone mech by standing over the cockpit and crouching repeatedly is the only way to defeat a dev.

Edited by Mourning Shadows, 09 February 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#77 Chembot

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

There will be a live firing range in The Outback on Outreach where the targets are large cutouts of furry's, furry fan art, my little pony's, harmony gold mecha, warhammer space marines and hula girls..

#78 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

This thread will be seen as a model of restraint compared to the rest of the Forum.

#79 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

When the Devs talk about "working with major controller manufacturers" they are talking about a set of USB dice that you have to roll instead of pulling a trigger on a joystick/pressing a mouse button. In fact, with the dice, they have managed to do away with most of the unnecessary button and keyboard presses that have plagued the older games of the franchise.

If that works, they are talking about representing the action with small, painted figures that also connect via USB so that we can do away with the monitor and more directly control the action.

If that is successful, they'll go wireless with all the above products.

Edited by Mchawkeye, 09 February 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#80 Minatorc

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Urbanmechs will be included at launch. However only for players who can prove they wear thick framed glasses, scarves and can name the first five playtesters of the original Mechwarrior pen and paper rpg.

Also I want the neon lights on my mech, but if I cant get a fully sick sub woofer to I aint playing bro.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users