Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#741 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

There will be a single player campaign at launch. It will centre around events as depicted in the following short film:

... but with 'Mechs instead of...you know... that stuff in there. The end of course is cruel enough to get MWO a R rating.

#742 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Namco and Capcom in a joint venture will Purchase MW:O From PGI, there in by forcing us to buy MW:O, then Purchase each Mech after we already own them as 'DLC', despite the content coming with the mane download of the game.

#743 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostOmigir, on 14 June 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Namco and Capcom in a joint venture will Purchase MW:O From PGI, there in by forcing us to buy MW:O, then Purchase each Mech after we already own them as 'DLC', despite the content coming with the mane download of the game.

And in true fashion for both those companies, they'll come out with new MW:O titles every year or so, adding new 'Mechs and events each time, but never actually get to MW:O 2 for another 10 years.

... just be glad I resisted punning off the 'mane download' line.

#744 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I speculate further that this thread will eventually be stickied, preferably back in general discussions where it started. It may be off topic material now but it won't be come next DLC/Expansion.

#745 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

I speculate the only reason for moving the thread to Off-Topic was to silence a vocal minority that was coming too close to uncovering the true plans of PGI and Paul... I tell you, we must not let this thread die! (Or else they tm will win!)

#746 ElliottTarson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSomewhere close enough, but far enough away.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostEl Loco, on 07 February 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Ok... I got one or two...

Every second week of the month will be insta-gib week, where every hit will result in immediate destruction of your 'Mech. 'Mechs lost this way will be lost permanently (along with your progress in the tech tree of course) and you'll have to pay 50% more for your next 'Mech... or you buy it with hard money for the amazing offer of 73.87$. The reason is simple: Every player playing this game is a MW god (no goddesses allowed!) and thus will never be hit. Plus, the light 'Mechs are by far the most dangerous and their dangerousness has to be tributed!

If you cap your tech tree your chosen 'Mech will advance to a new tonnage... giving you a new tech tree and unlocking a super-mega-Awesome 8Q-power... right, you'll get 3 PPC and a small laser disregarding your 'Mechs weight. In order to use this little extra you'll have to activate the weapons in the right order (PPC-PPC-small laser-PPC).

And it doesn't win the team that actually achieves the scenario's goals... nah, too easy!... too unspectacular... It will only win the team that wins the flame war! In the flame war insults to your team mates will count twice as much as insulting your opponent (cause that could actually be seen as psychological warfare and therefore uncool). If you get someone to rage quit a game the person causing the rage quit will get 1000 points times his own body weight.

Did you have something like this in mind, or was it too much?

I haven't laughed that hard in years. Thank you for this.

#747 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

In the interests of fairness (and economy) it will be announced that there will be a special "Founders" server located in Outer Mongolia, this should guarantee an approximately equal (awful) ping for everyone, unless you live in a yurt.

#748 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Why not install the server on the ISS instead? This way everybody will have a great ping every 20-something minutes :( Although I would like to see who would have to go and live in Outer Mongolia to maintain the server... sounds like a job for Paul ;)

#749 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 14 June 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

I speculate further that this thread will eventually be stickied, preferably back in general discussions where it started. It may be off topic material now but it won't be come next DLC/Expansion.

D:<
Wholly hell they did move it! Those sneaky people...

We need to petition to get this thread moved!

#750 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

In other news, EA intends to buy MW:O. The ending for MW:O will be the crown jewl of the game untill people find out the ending sux and at which point EA will *SELL* a better ending, which will be just as bad as the original. Thus there will be a never ending sale of terrible endings.

#751 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostEl Loco, on 15 June 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Why not install the server on the ISS instead? This way everybody will have a great ping every 20-something minutes :blink: Although I would like to see who would have to go and live in Outer Mongolia to maintain the server... sounds like a job for Paul ;)

Do you really want to give Paul a secret base in Outer Mongolia with no direct supervision?

#752 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

Apple is looking at PGI to head up game devolpment for thier latest apple product, the iCon-soul. the iCon will be apples entry into the console wars and will use an iphone as a controller and reqire an ipod for sound and an ipad for display. that or an iTv. thus MW:O will loose pc support. sorry pc gamers, your time is niegh!

#753 Fluffy Kitten

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationplanetside

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

about a year from now the company will get sued by some french liberal womans rights groups, and force the developers to double the mechs available, where each mech gets a gender specific lady variant.

it is known

#754 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostFluffy Kitten, on 19 June 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

about a year from now the company will get sued by some french liberal womans rights groups, and force the developers to double the mechs available, where each mech gets a gender specific lady variant.

it is known

After the success of Founder's sales from Operation: Clan Invasion! Wealthy Blood named Canadians invade and stompify France into anchovy paste. No surrenders accepted. No batchall for the dezgra!

#755 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

There will be a 4th Level or tier of Founders pack that will cost 200 USD and will come with only one mech: A CN9-D9 that will come with a custom paint job of Royal purple with Green trim and accents of Bright orange. This battle mech will have the ability to when it takes a critical hit, or several head shots or falls below 80% health, go bazerk and then commence using its hand to rip off limbs and beat other mechs to death of its own will and volition, beyond the normal XP and C-Bill bonuses attached to it. It will also have the Default name of EVA-01

#756 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Its not the week end.

#757 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

D: Live, damn you! LIVE!

#758 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

I speculate that this thread will officially die when Omigir goes on vacation. Then, someone new to the forums will start a new one without searching.

#759 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 07 February 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Oh, there's a thread now? I was under the impression that the forums themselves were the area for wild speculation...

Thats a Navy no ******* my friend! Full Speed Ahead Shipmate.

#760 Omigir

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 07 July 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

I speculate that this thread will officially die when Omigir goes on vacation. Then, someone new to the forums will start a new one without searching.

D: This is my vacation!

View PostMuffinTop, on 09 July 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Thats a Navy no ******* my friend! Full Speed Ahead Shipmate.

^Win.

I speculate the clans will never invade. They nuked themselves. :3 we are forever stuck with current technology.

Edited by Omigir, 14 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

53 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users