Narc, Tag, Active Probes, and ECM

5 replies to this topic

#1 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

With the talk of IW, and support missions (air strikes, artillery, etc). I'd like to see some use of things like NARC pods, TAG, and things like Active Probes and ECM Systems.

NARC Pods are great, land one on that Atlas and watch your catapult lay down some indirect barrages of LRM 15's.

TAG, good for mission objectives, and putting big holes in things, Arrow IV, Long Tom copperheads, Airstrikes.

Active Probes, Shutdown mechs waiting in ambush or hiding behind a building are much easier to spot.

ECM, disrupt communications temporarily, make locking on with LRM's harder, etc.

#2 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

From what they have said it would seem that they will be in the game, or at least haven't been ruled out. Whether that will be at launch or after we won't know until/unless they put the Raven in.

#3 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Depending on how or if you can do anything to a Mech or just take pre-made load outs you should always be able to pick something up to help.

My only thing is ..for ECM, is it only comm and missile locks? or will it also "jam" radar as well?

#4 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

I really hop they do throw it in. Though I want to see a focus on material based combat not just pilot skill trees. A mech with an Active probe is with a regular pilot is going to have a much better sensor suite than an elite pilot in a mech without that ap.

I don't know what level or poly count they plan on using, or what kind of budget they have planned for mech designs, etc. but I'd like to see at least a 100 different mechs at launch, though to be honest if I had my way, they'd even have the Mackie.

#5 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

I believe this is where the Mech Modules will come in.
If you get access to them, and you want to have Electronic warfare modules, you can upgrade your mech(s) with such things.
Now how they will balance that out in the end (removal/exchange of weapons/heat sinks?), I'm not really sure.
:)

#6 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostKarrig, on 07 February 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Depending on how or if you can do anything to a Mech or just take pre-made load outs you should always be able to pick something up to help.

My only thing is ..for ECM, is it only comm and missile locks? or will it also "jam" radar as well?

It should, but we don't know yet how it will be implemented in the game.

ECM was my favourite type of actions in EVE, giving more fun to me, than anything else in that MMO. I pray for it to be properly realized at MWO.

Oh, gods of MWO, I have never prayed to you before – I have no tongue for it. Grant me my Raven with BAP, TAG and Guardian ECM suite! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users