Faction Units/Elite Units in the game

2 replies to this topic

#1 vonStrachwitz

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRome, NY

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm sure it's out there, but I can't find a hard answer or explanation on this one.

Will it be set up so you can 'tier up' in your unit affiliation (ie, start in the generic LCAF, then up to a regional unit like the Skye Rangers or Donegal Guards, followed by the Lyran Guards, and finally the Royal Guards), or will you be offered the opportunity to join a unit based on your in-game stats and the units canon 'reputation'?

And have they released any examples of units that will be included and where they will fit into the structure?

And finally, how will it impact or effect the user-created units that have been sprouting up since the forums opened? Or will it at all?

Personally I'm hoping that you can either A- Join the Lyran Guards in general (not a specific unit), or B- if it's specific units, the 'Eversworded Third' is included, even as just a Regular or Veteran unit. Either way, I WANT me that blue and white paintjob!

Edited by vonStrachwitz, 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Cidrich Syslet

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

To date, there is still no real word as to how factions are going to work. Right now I am under the understanding that they want the core mechanics of the game firmed up before they bring in the factions as playable sets. That does not mean that we can't pick roughly which House we want (as you well know).

#3 Chuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationKelestra City, Furillo, Grand Duchy of Furillo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Only thing we know about faction units is that player-made units can't have the name of a canon unit. Other than that, it's all kind of a mystery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users