16 replies to this topic

#1 ChooChooBot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hello Mercenary Corporations, Lone Wolf Pilot ChooChooBot Here. I am looking for some work in this harsh war. My family is in a money crisis and I need to get some C-Bills back to them so they can put food onto the table. As much as I hate to do this I am leaving home, and getting aboard my Atlas to join the fray. I promised my family I would join one of the best successful corporations, and I don't plan on letting them down. My current load out is an Atlas D-DC Variant with the following weapons: 2 Medium Lasers, 3 Streak SRMs, 2 UltraLt AC/5's, and 1 Anti-Missile System. My Mech also has a working Com system which can be synced to many sorts of Mercenary Com Satellites, such as TeamSpeak, Vent, Mumble, X-Fire. I look forward to the messages I receive on Job offers, as will my family.

Hope to hunt with some of you soon,

ChooChooBot

Note: This is not intended as RolePlay, It was intended to be a short fiction post to show my creativity and enthusaim for the game. If you don't like it then you do not have to grace your eyeballs over it :P

Edited by ChooChooBot, 25 August 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#2 FIELD KOMMANDER

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Uhhh, It's just a game, we are still in 2012, we dont have robotic war machines yet. sorry to burst your happy bubble but holy **** man. you took it super far.

#3 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

*Moderated for trolling - DrHat

Edited by DrHat, 25 August 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#4 ChooChooBot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

*Moderated, referenced to other moderated post - DrHat

Edited by DrHat, 25 August 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#5 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

ehh sorry i tend to overreact towards roleplayers, and the overwhelming amount of atlas pilots makes the game rather dull and predictable plus most players that gravitate towards that mech tend to be the ones with the most lackluster piloting skills that dont work as a team

#6 Freeride Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Who gives a **** if someone liked their own post? On some forums it auto "Likes" 'cuz it's a given that one probably likes their own posts. You're not the only one taking the time (that I admittedly wouldn't) to solicit with that much creativity. From what I've been reading, many merc groups would likely be very welcoming to that kind of enthusiasm.

I do my fair share (maybe more) of ripping on people with my own opinions, but doing it to someone just because their favorite mech isn't the same as your own, is about the best way to be a tool that I can think of. I wonder how many of Lightdragon's 850 posts are laced with that much "elitism".

I'm leaning towards Black Wolve's right now. I think I'm gonna apply to them. Where did you get an Atlas if you haven't bought a Founder pack?

#7 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 24 August 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

pilot a mech that isnt a completely useless slow target

Lol remind me to smash your face in the dirt while I pilot an Atlas.

Do ya thing choo choo, got your back Atlas brotha.

#8 ChooChooBot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 24 August 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

ehh sorry i tend to overreact towards roleplayers, and the overwhelming amount of atlas pilots makes the game rather dull and predictable plus most players that gravitate towards that mech tend to be the ones with the most lackluster piloting skills that dont work as a team

No worries here, I pilot the Atlas as it's been one of my main Mechs from when the last official game released a decade ago. I pilot it as a sledge hammer when in a group, letting myself take the damage marking up all the targets I come across while my other team members are sharing the love of LRMs to the foe or flanking my enemy to get some free rear shots into the enemy. I don't pilot it like every other pilot, who can't use it productively.

View PostFreeride Forever, on 24 August 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Who gives a **** if someone liked their own post? On some forums it auto "Likes" 'cuz it's a given that one probably likes their own posts. You're not the only one taking the time (that I admittedly wouldn't) to solicit with that much creativity. From what I've been reading, many merc groups would likely be very welcoming to that kind of enthusiasm.

I do my fair share (maybe more) of ripping on people with my own opinions, but doing it to someone just because their favorite mech isn't the same as your own, is about the best way to be a tool that I can think of. I wonder how many of Lightdragon's 850 posts are laced with that much "elitism".

I'm leaning towards Black Wolve's right now. I think I'm gonna apply to them. Where did you get an Atlas if you haven't bought a Founder pack?

I am using a stock D variant I bought from the in-game store with C-Bills. I am working on scraping up some real life funds for a Elite Founders Pack so I can get the Founder's Atlas.

View PostCartman726, on 24 August 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thanks for the Support! Love seeing supportive Atlas Pilots as well! Happy Hunting!

ChooChooBot

Edited by ChooChooBot, 24 August 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#9 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostCartman726, on 24 August 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

lol see you on the battlefield then, try not to get mad when my catapult stands over your cockpit and seeing that you are an old fan
i dont have an issue with it at all with your mech choice seeing how you enjoyed it in the old days though its way different than the mw4 atlas, what bothers me are all the little cod/css playing sub 14 year old twinkies on their go pills with low attention spans all grabbing that particular mech thinking "ooh shiny more armor and guns" and going out being a detriment to their team

Edited by Lightdragon, 24 August 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#10 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 24 August 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

try not to get mad when my catapult stands over your cockpit and seeing that you are an old fan

lol let me know how the ac20 to your head feels.

#11 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Rise up Atlai brothers and help your fellow Atlai.

#12 DrHat

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationDenmark, capital area

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Please calm down and leave people to do their RP'ing. If it isn't your cup of tea feel free to move on ;)

#13 Funkmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Finally the wanted ad's, my cat is stuck up a tree, please help!!!!

Edited by Funkmachine, 25 August 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#14 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

Atlas Pilot? Pffftt... keep walking. ( See what I did there? )

At least there will be more Atlas hunting this season. ;)

#15 ChooChooBot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostNacon, on 25 August 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Atlas Pilot? Pffftt... keep walking. ( See what I did there? )

At least there will be more Atlas hunting this season. :lol:

Like stated above, you're entitled to pilot whatever you like as am I. Having people hunt me down is fun. I know I'm a slow moving hunk of junk, but I have been piloting an Atlas for a long time ;)

ChooChooBot

#16 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

I hear ya, you could be in for a surprise though.

See you in game!
(Get founder pack already!)

#17 ChooChooBot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostNacon, on 25 August 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

I hear ya, you could be in for a surprise though.

See you in game!
(Get founder pack already!)

Yeah, I'm working on that, should have one in the upcoming days here :)

ChooChooBot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users