Putting the feelers out for the Sons of Ten.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

In all online games there is a certain element of... unfairness.
Whether it's people lagging out a server and exploiting it, players disconnecting from a once-even match, or just a bunch of CoD-level ***s deciding to lump up into a pair of Atlas Lances and hurrrstomp their way through the lights and mediums in an implacable assault.
No matter which of these, or other naturally occuring mishaps of the online 'mech game, happen, they only serve to irk those on the recieving end.
I propose one thing.
The Sons of Ten

We do not mind your current Allegiance. We do not care if you're a member of another guild, merc group, house force, or tight-knit force. You can join us and remain with them.

The Sons of Ten are so far an Australian fighting force who espouse equalising the battlefield. Fighting for the underdogs, selflessly backing up one's allies, and things of a similar vein. In true Aussie spirit, we fight the hard fight, we suffer greatly for it, but we fight it nontheless. What's more, we win.
There will be ranks within this brotherhood, but they will only matter within itself. You can be a full-fledged and dedicated member of our number if you wish, or you can attach yourself to our name and represent us in your other group as a liason or simply show your agreement.

Our current backbone force is, as mentioned before, Australian. We can fight when you're gone, we can hold your hard-earned conquests, and we can blitz your opposition when they're down; this does not mean to say we can't wage war alongside you though. We already number most of a Company though no aegis or banner has been decided yet. All it is at this point is an idea.
The banners are in progress.

If it matters, the organisation is as follows:
RasTahr - If you wish to show your support for this idea but remain in your allegiance (house, mercenary, lone wolf, etc.) this is where you are. Some may look down their noses at this idea; vagabond people stringing themselves to multiple factions, but it spreads our name, so it is welcome.
The Blood Dragons - The people who are fully-fledged members of the Sons of Ten, but are new or simply wanting to play. They are tasked with uplifting others from abysmal situations into victory and watching out for the little man. Once their skill is proven, they are placed in the various lances of the rest of the organisation.
Invisible Artists - The primary force. They are the position you are given once you have proven yourself. This is not to say being a Blood Dragon is bad, but once you're proven as elite, you are inducted to this role.
Sons' Sires - Essentially the best of us. There will be (you guessed it) 10 of these. The right to be one of the Sons' Sires is earned through replacing a current member once they are full, and any may choose to claim this.

The way the Sons of Ten ideally fight, is not in a standard force organisation, instead fighting where needed as a band of Ronin. A lance of The Sons appearing could mean anything.

And here is the part I expect to chafe the most; the code of conduct.
Simply put: It is up to YOU to look out for YOUR ALLIES. Not the other way around. Work with your team to make the best chance of victory, not pick your favourite and just expect the batte strategy to revolve around it.
I have a vision of the name "Sons of Ten" being Mechwarrior Online's faction on par with the Sunbros.

TO BE EDITED. BANNERS AND SUCH.

Edited by Merovigian, 27 February 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#2 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

I do expect this topic to blow away to the back pages, but I strongly espouse the ideals.

#3 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationQueensland, australia

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

hey mero its me you who i am anyway in person so not that hard to geuss but i'll rep up you sons of ten through the browncoats an like we aussies say "aussie, aussie, aussie, oi, oi, oi!" 100% australian all the way and i'll back ya any time cause thats what aussies do we dont leave our mates behind at all we stay and fight until the end i'll help you even if i have to leave the browncoats too do it cause to me your one of my best mates so i wont back down form a challenge on the battle field you have my up most surport and respect for this go for it if ever need just message me and i'll help if i can okay get back to you later if i can and i'll possibly here for on this forum or at verbyl on friday good luck not that you need it any you tend to make your own luck. heh heh

#4 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostNight of shadow, on 27 February 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

even if i have to leave the browncoats too do it

Did you read the post? lol

#5 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

plus i know nothing of serenity or firefly so theres no reason for me to be there and i know what your thinking "why the hell did you join if you were uncertain you moron" yeah im an ***** for it but to be honest i dont want kill any aussies in the field or you even, though if we were enemys you'd blow my head of anyway thats my reason just message me later "see ya"

#6 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

I detest this! I will singlehandedly oppose you in combat and will accept no aid, therefore negating your entire premise! You will neither be able to fight for nor against me! I WIN TEH INTARWEBZ! </troll off>

#7 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'll help you boy's out. Nothing is more fun than gaming with ten drunk aussies in vent

#8 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

vernius lx you an aussie and whats with the other guy insideus johnson?

#9 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

merovigian count me as one your members or the blood-dragons you call them im at your sevice commander merovigian for i am browncoat no more night of shadow here with the night walker ready to serve.

Edited by Night of shadow, 28 February 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#10 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

Good to see, people.

Duels are fine, Insidious. If you're better, good. :)
I meant my principles on the whole company-on-company thing anyway. haha

Vernius Rex! Good to have you. I'll put some details up once they're done. :D

Night... Night, night, night. I'm not asking for a sycophant. Good to have you, but you didn't need to scrape so.
Good to have some numbers!

#11 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

i dont do multi-factioning
and i will serve well surporting all the members of the sons of ten too the death for that is when we are truely human, yes?
or dont you like the term 'commander'.

Edited by Night of shadow, 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#12 lonewolfsyndrome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Night you traitorous rat. Capin says I have to be friendly like with you and yours, but know The Crimson Cerberus will be watching your every move.

#13 Night of shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

so mero whats the plan for lances and such knowingly you'd be head of the sons teri, would that be correct or am i wrong?

plus you said that we have almost a company in strength who are the others: like "the ghost of rayleonard" is he part of this or any of the other blokes from verbyl

Edited by Night of shadow, 01 March 2012 - 02:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users