2 replies to this topic

#1 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

Question:

If an author was to write a book involving the clans, how would the story be decided? Would an author be given creative license from the copyright holder or do they determine the out come of the story? Is there canon authority like Lucas Arts? The Keith bros. or is it Topps?

Edited by Conjure, 09 February 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Saint of Sinners

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

Typically the publisher will approach a writer offering them the chance to write. In return the writer will submit a brief summary of the story he wants to write.

Currently Battlecorps hold the license to produce Fiction for Battletech/mechwarrior. They do have a community editor and a cannon bible their authors must follow.

#3 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thank you! I will have to get in touch with Battlecorps.. A friend of mine has talked about writing a novel that focuses on the clans at a very real and complex human level. A story that would give us a fuffiling glimpse into clan life and psyche from all the castes. He doesn't have internent acces out in the boonies of Montana so I am researching for him and working as a spokesman of sorts when he can't get into town. We both feel recent additons to the BTU world have been lacking in imagination. Many novels are pretty tounge and cheek. Based on typical good vs evil axioms with out enough character and cultural depth. Still enjoyable but meh. So maybe in the future the BTU fans may have another really good read to expand and enrich the story! Who knows what will happen but I have my fingers crossed.

Edited by Conjure, 10 February 2012 - 07:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users