Environmental Warfare, the pyro's thread

No replies to this topic

#1 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Since this is game is going to focus on city fighting. I figured I'd bring up using the environment and using it to your advantage.

Buildings make great cover but in Btech, a light building didn't' do much to stop an ac/20 when you were aiming for your opponent besides make it harder to hit and soak up a bit of damage, while a hardened building you didn't even want to waste the shot even if it was a large laser and you had no worries about heat.

Also setting things on fire, buildings on fire generate lots of thick black nasty smoke as plastics and other flammable things burned, It was a great thing for light and medium mechs who found themselves up against some much heavier forces or even as a way to get cover built up. Plus it's a great way to lay an ambush if you can enough smoke up in the air it would make flying units unable to see what's going on through that haze. Yes the mighty flamer does have a great use here to start fires. Plus as building burn they get weaker and that building the scout was on just a few minutes ago coming back for another look finds himself taking a fall down 5 or 6 stories is a good thing. I know in the trailer we've seen building destruction and smoke and such, but I'd really like to see this be a semi reliable tactic, of course if the wind isn't in your favor it won't help , but I'd rather have 50 to 60 meters of thick black smoke between me and mr. Atlas when I'm in a commando and he's decided he wants to twist off my head.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users