Draconis Wolf's (later Ward) Role-play Bio

12 replies to this topic

#1 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

This is the bio for my role play character Draconis Wolf. So here goes

His story starts out in the Periphery. Some Dragoons were doing a small contract fighting pirates, when they learned that one of their patrols was going to be ambushed. The Dragoons moved in and wiped out the ambush force before they even had a chance to fight back. The next day, they received a distress signal from one of the nearby villages, it was under attack. The Dragoons on planet responded in force, and found the remains of the village being defended by a lone 'mech warrior. He was badly damaged, was surrounded by the enemy pirates, and was mortally wounded. The Dragoons pushed them back and found the informant was the 'mech pilot, and that he was one of the only survivor of the attack. The Dragoons searched the ruined village for survivors, and found no one, but the informant's two sons. The informant, Draco's father, made his last request, that the Dragoons would take them in, since no one else would. The commanding officer followed through, and when their contract ended, with the pirate base's destruction, they returned to Outreach with the children in tow.
(Phiro's Bio will be in next post)
Draco grew up around the battle mechs and was raised helping the mechanics on planet to fix the machines of war. When he was finally old enough, he joined up with the Dragoons going to SOI (school of infantry) and later going to AIT (advanced infantry training) and also received commando training with Natasha Kerensky and the infamous Wolf Spiders. After this he opted to become a 'mech warrior as his father was, and excelled in the simulation room. Seeing this, Joshua Wolf gifted Draco with a Warhammer, knowing the irony, Draco named it Wolf's Fang. Proving his natural ability got him an early position with company commander named Dylan of Alpha Regiment.

It was there he would continue his training, soon learning to be an able commander, and a deadly warrior. He was then put in charge of his own lance and sent on a secret mission by the Seventh Kommando into the Draconis Combine. His mission was complete, and on his way to return to Outreach, his Dropship was assualted by Combine forces, and ultimately destroyed. Draco was put in command by the captain of the ship, and immediately ordered all personnel to abandon ship. Draco hot dropped out of the bays, and proceeded to fight with Combine troops, until his mech was rendered combat ineffective. From there he managed to get his mech to a nearby stadium, and coordinate with survivors to launch raids, until the planet was finally liberated by the Federated Suns. Draco returned to Outreach with his small team that had survived the encounter.

He was then ordered onto a contract to Tharkad, a vengeance mission, against Steiner officers who had killed Dragoon officers dishonorably. He had been compromised in the middle of the mission, though their identities were still secret, as it was made to look like a Cappellan Death Commando raid. He fought his way to the extraction point, and rallied his lance around his position, killing Steiner mechs left and right. He was busy holding the left flank when an attack on the front got his attention, and he missed the advance of a lance of Steiner Atlases. He turned to late to try and keep them at bay, but they were already in weapons range. Dylan his commander, ran in front of Draco, and took all the fire from the AC20's when they finally killed him with an AC20 to the face. Draco in a fit of rage, killed the entire lance. The Dropship finally landed on planet, but someone was going to have to stay behind to make sure it got out safe. Draco opted to stay behind and took a fresh mech, leaving his Warhammer, Wolf's Fang, on board. He was then forced to eject from the mech after the Dropship left atmosphere, as the mech was nearly a ruin. He then spent the next week trying to get off planet, and succeeded, posing as a Davion civilian, and managed to get to Outreach.

Due to his previous actions (among other reasons), command deemed fit that Draco's unit would stay on Solaris for some much needed R&R, and then be moved to the relatively quite front of Barcelona. Draco was devastated by the fact that it was his mistake had cost him his most revered mentor. He would blame himself for the loss for the rest of his life, and would never forgive himself for that fatal mistake. Then he was asked by Dragoon High Command to train his Hell Jumpers on Barcelona, giving Draco a strange data disk, that was supposed to be what they were to train to fight against. When Draco asked, he was given insight into a high level op, and was asked to keep the information he was about to know, top secret. They were going to be training to fight the Clans, and Draco volunteered for the op. He then began to learn the ins and outs of Clan Tech, learning weaknesses to battle mechs, load outs, and equipment. He soon was well versed in the ways of Clan Warfare, and was sent to Barcelona.

It was here that a series of catastrophic events, took a turn for the worst. Draco's Hell Jumpers had barely had enough time to get prepared, when the enemy was upon them. Will and Gavin, two of Draco's most trusted friends, and fellow commanders, were betrayed by Draco's initial dishonesty with them. The truth of the matter was that Draco was, for the first time in his whole life, scared. He was afraid that if he failed on Barcelona, his friends would pay for that failure, it was this reasoning that would eventually drive him mad. He was captured alongside Rick, and tortured by the local star captain. He was made to watch as several of his squadmates were shot before his eyes, and he eventually lost complete sanity. When he was finally liberated, Draco came back changed. He was more quick to anger, and his demeanor became more feral, though the latter trait was mitigated by getting reaccustomed to being in charge of his Hell Jumpers again. Before they finally left Barcelona, Draco met and befriended a female Lyran mechwarrior, named Shara. It was with her only that Draco could return a sense of himself, pre-Tharkad.

When they received R&R for a week after Barcelona, Draco and Shara spent a private week by themselves, to get away from what had dominated Draco's thoughts for the past three years. They would continue to fight side by side in the Clan Invasion, until at the end of the Invasion, Draco was informed by Shara tha she was pregnant. The doctors confirmed that she was with a male child, and soon after, Draco became a father to his only son, Damarus. Later, seeing that his madness was starting to get the better of him, Draco decided to do what was best for his son, and leave. Draco sent a message to Shara explaining why, and Draco sought out the Wolf Clan. After he smuggled himself and Fang on planet, he challenged a local garrison to a trial of position. Draco defeated the first two challengers in lighter mechs, but then the Summoner that was apparently angered that Draco survived, and proceeded to challenge him as well. Draco was wounded in this engagement, but his feral side of his conscious pulled him through the ordeal. It was on Twycross that Draco would finally find the peace he was looking for, meeting his end against Jeffer Roshak, something Draco considered a bitter irony.

Edited by guardian wolf, 17 October 2012 - 06:24 AM.

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

nice story :D
if you get a chance you should cross reference that with the revised mercenaries field manual. you could really enhance your story with names, places, regiments and fit your story in tight to the lore.

#3 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

thank you, could you point me to one, as I don't have any on hand that follow the Wolf's Dragoons

Edited by guardian wolf, 15 February 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#4 fire2100

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTraveled far away with the Star League

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Very nice Guardian Wolf, I would love to point you to one by I am also in the same situation as you, but still great job fellow wolf

#5 Damion Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well, you are showing a real attempt at adding depth to your character. I wish you luck with it.

#6 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Aff, I try, will be adding Phiro's soon.

#7 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

I can only hope my own character can match up with the depth you've demonstrated. It is well writen, if not a little dry. I hope that a new RP will start up that I can join and meet up with you. Best of luck in the future

#8 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Reminds me, need to flesh out Charles more. Most of the high points I hit were from TT campaigns I've played, though I didn't give the guy a name until 3050.

#9 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Phiro Wolf's bio is coming soon.

#10 Kravity

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

No offence, but IMO your story has a high Mary-Sue percentage.
It seems a little unlikely a freebirth like Draco to fight with and receive special training from such prominent characters, defeat an entire lance of Atlai mounting AC20s in a heavy mech going barely faster than the Atlai and have his commander sacrifice himself like that (besides, it wasn't Draco's fault the Atlai came close as his commander and squadmates never noticed either).

As a professional writer I think your story has potential, but it does need some work IMHO. His life seems a little too perfect.
Feel free to disregard, it's just my opinion. Did enjoy your story!

#11 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

I actually haven't updated this in quite some time.... kinda forgot about it. Did you know he goes insane?

#12 Kravity

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Does he? Sounds like an interesting twist in his story, I'd love to read about it!

#13 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

And now, it has been fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users