The scree of the Mind

3 replies to this topic

#1 Favero The Giggler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Just a thought.
What if the various "mech types/class types/skill set" opened up access to "reinforcement skills". Basically just a summoning skill ala fantasy... but you could call it airstrike or recon squad.

Aka

Light mechs could "summon" a small squad of dudes with srm2 or even elementals.
Medium mechs could "summon" some tanks or other land based vehicles.
Heavy mechs could get some helicopter help.
Assualt could call in an airstrike.

All these things would be considered "minions" Basically one shot one kill type stuff. More of them as you get better through xp advancement.

I am not sure this is what they are developing towards. It is interesting to me since this game could change greatly over time and hopefully with it, really twisted and calculated ways of killing other mechs would emerge.
You know... other than i shoot it with my ppc.

#2 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

We'll have to see how the Commander role plays out. Probably initially only going to see mixed arms come in the form of Air Strikes off the map.

#3 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

I don't know how the official system is going to be implemented, but I actually think you have a decent idea. That said though, I don't think the ability to call for airstrikes or artillery should be dependent upon your `Mech type but your pilot skill or rank. After all, a green Mechwarrior in an Atlas shouldn't be able to call in an artillery fire mission, but a veteran Mechwarrior in a Wasp should. It's the pilot that matters, not the machine.

#4 Favero The Giggler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Totally agree with what you just said. I have no idea if they are going to focus on a class based system... or skills... or what not. Not sure how developed they are at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users