Tournaments, Gladiators, Grand prizes, Gambling

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jumbik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

So I was thinking, would it be possible to implement Tournaments where the winner would win a Grand prize of either ingame money, or unique mod or special Tournament mech, etc.? If you want to create this game around PvP mainly, then some good competition games would be much appreciated.

You could have Faction sponsored Tournaments or illegal Gladiator fights. Players could earn titles through these games also. It would be a good way for lone wolf to earn their names. You could have officially supported gambling system where people could bid on teams or mechwarriors. Nice way how to keep people entertained even when they are fed up of the fighting by them selves.

It would require to set up Arenas with different goals and some full spectator mode for viewers but this is doable right? The main issue would be how to prevent cheating (people on team speek with spectators ...) but changing the spectator mode in a way that you could spectate only those who you have bid on would solve this issue.

So what do you think, do you like this idea? Please comment on anything that you would change or add. Thank you. :)

#2 Jake Grafton

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

Sounds like Solaris to me. I would be less the suprised to see the game world have a major place in the overall expirence. I can image even if there wasn't any direct prizes or money transactions that the players themselves would work out side arrangements. Beat player X in a 1 vs 1 match and you can join this team type of situations. There are a ton of options here.

#3 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Gambling on Mech battles.........hmmm........I like it.

#4 Jumbik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostJake Grafton, on 11 February 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

Sounds like Solaris to me.

And Solaris is ... wait I made a search now. Hmm so there is a planet specialy designed for this in Battletech ... eh well then I suppose it would be dull to not implement it :)

#5 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

There were matches etc in MW.......I think the devs will do a great many things to keep our intrest......after all they would like to recoup on their investment.

#6 MetalKid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI, USA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Solaris would definitely be a cool feature to have at launch. Lone Wolfs and Mercs could compete vs each other when they don't have any missions. As for the factions, I would think there would be some sort of faction based brawls to show off for that faction.

#7 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

First MWO will Crawl. Then MWO will Walk. Then MWO will allow us to SOLARIS each other to death. :)

(actual calendar date of said Killings is TBD)

#8 xXPHANTASMXx

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

YES YES!

Solaris.

Duels.

Crowds/spectators of grand matches/finals

and bets.

I hope the devs have something similar in mind. :(

Edited by xXPHANTASMXx, 15 February 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#9 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Sounds good! Build up reputation and credits in the stadium then man up to war!

Edited by nubnub, 15 February 2012 - 02:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users