<winces> THE UNSEEN

27 replies to this topic

#21 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Props to Souske Sagara good explanation.

Thumbs up for Lima as well thanks for the video link.

Edited by T.S. Hawk, 07 November 2011 - 09:23 AM.

#22 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 02 November 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

I have absolutely no clue about the legal situation concerning the unseens. But one thing I always read about 'em is that one is not allowed to make money with them. So wouldn't it be possible for the developers to offer them as free DLC once the game is released?

I'm hoping for this one, since the unseen often appear in free games and this will be, in essence, a free game.

View PostSquareSphere, on 01 November 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

FAQ says stay tuned. The PC gamer article says HG was never an issues with unseens. So i'm pretty hopeful :)

Yeah, I have higher hopes with "stay tuned" than "absolutely not". Rememer, they've already said use of the unseen was a non-issue, and that the delay was caused by issues finding a publisher. At the very least, I'm hoping we see the redesigns, ugly as we may find them (though I think the Ostsol and Ostscout are actually improvements).

#23 jparbiter

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostArden Sortek, on 01 November 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

So any one have any news on the Unseen, I feel it isn't BT w/o them. I need to roll in my Overheating Marauder circa 3025

you may get the unseen, but in Project Phoenix skin, does that bother you?

#24 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

I hope that we get the reseen Marauder. I think it looks better, nostalgia factor for the unseen aside.

#25 DamoclesGuard

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationStillwater, Oklahoma

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

The Unseens are what I began the game with, what I fell in love with and what I want in a Mechwarrior Game.

Especially a few like Rifleman, Griffin, Scorpion(just cause I want to see a quad in a PC game) and Valkyrie.

#26 macmerritt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Some of the Project Phoenix redesigns are an improvement to some of the mechs and others are horrible.

Warhammer, Crusader, Shadow Hawk, Longbow, and Battlemaster are worse off and looking horrible. Warhammer looks thin and frail, Crusader looks like they just mailed in the resdesign or let an intern do it. Battlemaster, Longbow, and Shadow Hawk has too much stuff crammed on it.

Marauder, Archer, Wolverine, Griffin, Thunderbolt, Valkyrie, and Rifleman are decent redesigns that either kept the intent of the original design or fixed a few of the odd elements of the classics. i.e. Wolverines's bulb, Archers huge feet

Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, Stinger, Ostscout, Ostroc, Ostsol, Locust, and Goliath great improvements to the originals. The PHawk especially is improved and looks menacing.

Edited by MacMerritt, 14 November 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#27 feor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Personally, I'm hoping that at least for this game they get a partial redesign.

We know where there Designs are coming from (original 3025 artwork) and we know where they're going (Project Phoenix artwork) and we've got a **** fine artist working on this game who just needs to have those two designs meet in the middle. Some (Macross based ones) appearing closer to Project Pheonix, some (Dougram & Crusher Joe based ones) appearing closer to the original designs.

#28 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

personally i loved the warhammer design on MW trailler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users