Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

#2 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

I hope that we can mod the mech meshes in this game, I'd make them all look like minis.

#3 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

i am just as excited for Tactics as I am MWO. Man I cant wait for my beta key lol

#4 Tanaga Matabushi

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationHiring Hall - 1712 Tower 4 - Harlech City, Outreach

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Nice

#5 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

I love Turn Based Strategy games and I would love MW: Tactics except for the fact that they're using the worst possible models for the game. The 'Mechs are so damn ugly its sad and in the case of the "Hunchback" it looks more like a bizarre Dragon with what could be a Hunchback cannon mounted on one side. Really sad.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They even got the AC/20 mounted on the wrong side ;)

Edited by Kartr, 29 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#6 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

There is no way in **** that is a hunchback. I am sorry but there is something wrong with either your link or their minds.

#7 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

That was their hunch back model. They changed it because that one sucked. But to be perfectly honest, and I wish that game the best, but their mech design is simply terrible. I'm still going to play it but I can't even tell what half their mechs are suppose to be. I need the name at the bottom to figure it out. Awful.

#8 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

The art style is definately more clicky tech than battletech. Then again, I can't recognize most MW:T mechs as either.

Also, the way they use the words 'collect' and collectible' makes me worry.

#9 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

The 'mechs... what the **** ARE they? About the Hunchback, it's not just that the AC/20 is on the wrong side, as this Hunch is obviously modded ( see the arms ) but the mount for the massive Kali-Yama AC/20 is on the WRONG EFFING SHOULDER.

#10 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm starting to think the artist for MW: Tactics has never seen any artwork for BattleTech ever. Some of the designs look ok, you can tell what they are and some of them look like they have no connection what so ever to the originals. Catapult with gatling guns mounted next to the missile pods that don't have missiles? A Commando who doesn't have anything remotely resembling the classic Commando head, a Trebuchet that has the lasers on the wrong arm and four LRM pods spread across the chest, an Atlas that looks like it's made out of legos, its horrible. IGP is behind both games why couldn't they have FD do the artwork for both eh?

#11 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

the MWO Artwork is 1000000 times better :D

I will give tactics a go, but am not liking the artwork whatsoever, it is horrendous!

#12 GreyTemplar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thank god others agree with me. They've BUTCHERED the looks of mechs!! Even the Catapult looks like it has a couple of gatling guns on wing mounts where its LRM launchers should be.

I want to like the game, as i love TT.... but... no. I cannot get past them butchering the looks of classic designs!

#13 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

some mechs look okay, some are...weird... but they totally do it on purpose, they want to add their own touch to the game...let them, for the real ba***ss models, we have MWO :)

MWT might become a nice game though... if you don´t expect 1:1 battletech but more a mix of BT:TT and MW:Clix :P can be fun, at least it might be cheaper than the MechWarrior Clixgame was :)

#14 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Not going to play it, browser based games are just, no.

And the mech models...

#15 GreyTemplar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm fine with their own taste, I mean PGI did their own taste with the models but they are still pretty much the same (with the exception of the centurion. He put on weight)

MWT the mechs just look so wrong :) Too much to get past.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users