House Liao Units.

77 replies to this topic

#1 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Because it is quite obvious that there will be different units (not including Lone Wolf or Mercenaries), if one were to create a specific House Unit for House Liao, and I created such a Unit for House Liao (even though I am a Light 'mech pilot, would there any volunteers (of mixed 'mech-class) that would be willing to join?
I won't say that I will be the ultimate superior officer of the Unit - that's better left to those who prefer piloting Heavy - Assault-class 'mechs and would give command to whom I feel would best fit the role (and myself as Executive Officer), would anyone be at all interested in joining a small Company that would rely on at least 3 light-class 'mechs as well a Medium 'mech for scout and recon patrol and perhaps 2 Medium (for the speed as well as other tactical advantages that combination holds on the battlefield) and 2 Heavy (for the Command Unit) and have a mixture of 2 Heavy 'mechs and 2 Assault 'mechs as the Battle Lance of the Unit?

Sorry, I'm just throwing ideas out right now that have been running through my head lately and wondered what those of (LOYAL only) to House Liao would think of such a Company?

I welcome all your imputs on this idea.
I've always wanted to form a new House Liao Company dedicated to the Chancellor and the Capellan Confederation and have always wished to name this new Company the "Tifalia Black Roses" - after getting the idea of Jeremiah Rose's Company name in "Main Event" and "D.R.T."

#2 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

It's good to see another Loyal Capellan. Have you talked to Metro about this yet?

#3 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Please clarify the purpose of this proposed unit. Is it a Warrior House?is this merc company that works specifically with House Liao? Because there are plenty of those.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Why should she contact Metro about it. Yes he has been house leader before, but as of right now, he is just a player like all of us waiting to play the game. He is trying to organize us in the meantime, I give him that. But he is, so far, no leader. And building up units is also a form of organizing our players, so I guess he will welcome it and help wherever he can.

That said, I believe there will be enough players in our house to follow such a unit. I wish you the best of luck in building it, Tifalia.

#5 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostFireBerretta, on 12 February 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

It's good to see another Loyal Capellan. Have you talked to Metro about this yet?

Not yet, no. I'll give him/her a few days and see if (s)he finds this thread and reply, otherwise I'll try and mail them directly about it.

View PostZectorman, on 12 February 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Please clarify the purpose of this proposed unit. Is it a Warrior House?is this merc company that works specifically with House Liao? Because there are plenty of those.

No, it's by no means a Mercenary unit. I want it to be a unit that serves House Liao exclusively, part of the CCAF, like the Kingston's Rangers and is dedicated to fighting solely for the advencement of House Liao.

View PostEgomane, on 13 February 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

I believe there will be enough players in our house to follow such a unit. I wish you the best of luck in building it, Tifalia.

Cheers, Egomane. It is still in the planning stages now and won't know for sure if it will even be possible, but it would good to have a unit that fights solely for the Confederation and his Excellency.
After all, is that not what we are all trying to do, make our House one of the best and greatest in all of the Inner Sphere?

And as I said, as I am strictly a Light 'mech pilot, I would rather someone as dedicated as myself to our House, but also knows how to plan tactically and think strategically to lead the unit in glorious conquest for our beloved Chancellor.

#6 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Ok, consider me interested. I would like to keep to capellan mechs if im able. I would like to pilot Heavies and Mediums, mediums that can pack a punch that is. Something like a Cataphract or a BlackJack.

In regards to the name though, if you want it in your name and Black Roses. It would be under the assumption that you are in command. I have no qualms with that, since i have no experience, but if you are not up to lead then i think the name is up to a vote whenever we get to that point when we have enough people.

#7 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostZectorman, on 13 February 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

Ok, consider me interested. I would like to keep to capellan mechs if im able. I would like to pilot Heavies and Mediums, mediums that can pack a punch that is. Something like a Cataphract or a BlackJack.

In regards to the name though, if you want it in your name and Black Roses. It would be under the assumption that you are in command. I have no qualms with that, since i have no experience, but if you are not up to lead then i think the name is up to a vote whenever we get to that point when we have enough people.

True enough. I might found the unit, but since I am not all that much interested in being the C.O. of it (at least at this time until I get some proper training under my belt and see how the game will play like), I have no qualms at putting the name of the unit to a vote.
An all Liao 'mech unit would be great, but tht is a mater for each individual MechWarrior to decide what they wish to field. I personally am gunning for the Crab to be in the game, since I have been piloting a Crab for well over 18 years now.

View PostFireBerretta, on 13 February 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

Zectorman, I have been a part of Liao for 16 years, almost as long as you have been alive. As far as I am concerned, Metro is my house Leader, until I hear otherwise. I would caution you to respect ALL Capellan officers, especially past or present house leaders. As far as the "Black Roses" go, I would not count on snatching up that name without causing some problems with it's rightful owners. Just saying :) Have a great day

Rightful owners? Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Jeremiah Rose was the Commander of the mercenary unit Black Thorns. The one I would like it named is the Black Roses. But again, not everyone might like the name, so it will more than likely be put to a vote by those who join.

#8 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi Tifalia,

I am most pleased with your eagerness to find yourself a niche in MWO, and put forth the effort to get things rolling.

As for founding a Unit in MWO. We do not yet know which units the Devs are going to implement into the game. We also do not know if they will allow new house units to be added after the initial launch.

As for the Black Roses, I do know their is an old Liao Unit Named the Black Roses founded by a gentlemen named Yrrkoom. So it may be a conflict of interest to "smurf" their unit name, since they have fought for House Liao for at least 2 decades. I do not yet know if they will be in MWO.

Now as for a unit for you to swear your allegiance too. With regards to a Chancellor Unit, depending on what the DEVS put into the game, there should be several to choose from. One of the existing Warrior Houses, IMARRA is based on Sian. Then there are the Red-Heart Guard more Recently known as the Red Lancers. There is also the Prefectorate Guard. 4th TauCeti Rangers, McCarrons Calvary all prestigious units, close to Chancellors in the past or future.

I suggest you research them all, and once MWO announces what units they will have in the House, then you decide the one which best fits you.

Thanks again for your loyalty to the CCAF.

Edited by Metro, 13 February 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#9 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

I know I saw Yyrk running around as well as Raeven and I though I saw Adrios so at least some of the old BR's are about but I believe theyre currently ghosting till we have a game. You can always check out google for unit name viability. Depending on what the game allows I might even have to restart the Raging Storm a name thats been outta use for too long. Though personally I'd still rather run up a House unit. Rory and all ya old Ragers hit me up if we have enough we might go that route.

#10 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostMetro, on 13 February 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hi Tifalia,

I am most pleased with your eagerness to find yourself a niche in MWO, and put forth the effort to get things rolling.

As for founding a Unit in MWO. We do not yet know which units the Devs are going to implement into the game. We also do not know if they will allow new house units to be added after the initial launch.

As for the Black Roses, I do know their is an old Liao Unit Named the Black Roses founded by a gentlemen named Yrrkoom. So it may be a conflict of interest to "smurf" their unit name, since they have fought for House Liao for at least 2 decades. I do not yet know if they will be in MWO.

Now as for a unit for you to swear your allegiance too. With regards to a Chancellor Unit, depending on what the DEVS put into the game, there should be several to choose from. One of the existing Warrior Houses, IMARRA is based on Sian. Then there are the Red-Heart Guard more Recently known as the Red Lancers. There is also the Prefectorate Guard. 4th TauCeti Rangers, McCarrons Calvary all prestigious units, close to Chancellors in the past or future.

I suggest you research them all, and once MWO announces what units they will have in the House, then you decide the one which best fits you.

Thanks again for your loyalty to the CCAF.

I understand that until the game is up and running, no one knows exactly what the devs have in store, which is why I said that if it is at all possible, I would like to make a brand spanking new House unit, instead of having to join a pre-existing House unit, if they are ever included in the game and if they are viable to join, however good they are (I am familiar with much of the units in the BattleTech universe through my many years following BattleTech).

No matter, whatever is implemented in the game does not change the fact that it is House Liao I will be fighting for - be it a Unit of my own creation or a pre-existing one, such as the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers.
And for those who laugh at a light weight 'mech jockey with ambitions of creating a House unit - keep underestimating; it is just another of your faults that help us win the day, moreso than speed and agility. :)

And no need to thank me for my loyalty to the CCAF and House Liao - it is what any respectful ward of our great nation would do.

Edited by Tifalia, 15 February 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#11 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

:ph34r: 2 awesome books. DRT I think was the better of the 2 but I liked them both.

#12 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postbogey313, on 16 February 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

:ph34r: 2 awesome books. DRT I think was the better of the 2 but I liked them both.

Really? I always thought that DRT was a bit of a let down as both those books go. Main Event was just so... (I cannot even think of a word for how well to describe it!)

#13 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Main Event.... mediocre? Never read DRT....

And I'm all up for joining an all CCAF unit. We can call ourselves Sian's Fuzzy Bunny Slippers and I won't care as long as I get to kill Fedrats/

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 19 February 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#14 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 16 February 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Main Even.... mediocre? Never read DRT....

And I'm all up for joining an all CCAF unit. We can call ourselves Sian's Fuzzy Bunny Slippers and I won't care as long as I get to kill Fedrats/

Believe it or not, but I actually like the sound of "Sian's Fuzzy Bunny Slippers"!
Imagine the snickering of other players as we march onto the battlefield in our flourescent green BattleMechs and send them to hell with that smirk still plastered on their faces :ph34r:

Of course we would need a catchy chant as we are strolling forward with guns a-blaze

#15 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Fluorescent green? If we be bunnie sliipers we must be pink!

#16 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postbogey313, on 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I was thinking pink, but then thought that we must have something that goes with our House colours and, while I am more than happy (and willing) to walk a flourescent pink machine of war out onto the battlefield, I fear that others in the unit would not be as comfortable with that, if only for it being "too girly." ;)

Edited by Tifalia, 17 February 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#17 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

You're a girl, so it doesn't count. ;)

#18 bogey313

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hmm.. I never considered Rhonda Snord's Highlander as a girlie mech. I guess the kilt on it offsets the pinkness of it:)

#19 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostAdridos, on 17 February 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

You're a girl, so it doesn't count. ;)

Maybe so, but not every girl likes pink. It would be saying every bloke likes blue and should paint their 'mechs according to gender instead of personal taste and camo.

View Postbogey313, on 17 February 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hmm.. I never considered Rhonda Snord's Highlander as a girlie mech. I guess the kilt on it offsets the pinkness of it:)

Now that would be a sight on any BattleMech!

Edited by Tifalia, 17 February 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#20 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postbogey313, on 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Why not fluorescent green with pink feet?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users