9 replies to this topic

#1 Vertous

• PipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSummerville, SC

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

ok so in 3050 the clans arrive and waste total havoc in the inners sphere. Armor is doubled, weapons are more powerful, range i don't even have to talk about. i wonder if on January of 2013 they will be giving us computer AI clans or the experienced players of mechwarrior online can be able to play the clans faction. i'm thinking the latter here because they probably are going to be able to make us pay for premium stuff hence new clan mechs and what-not.

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

Eh, I just don't know. I keep thinking a 3025 start with a faster timeline would have been better. The whole clan thing just lends itself to issues.

#3 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

I think the clan thing will be great. Let anyone who wants to (or who can pay for it) join clans right away with superior clan mechs. Ill stick with the Inner Sphere and enjoy holding the line against the clanner ******** :)

#4 Cyote13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

This one of the questions that will only be answered in time, and the reason in my opinion why the devs picked this year as a launch year. It lets them spend a year getting the basic design down and then lets them go in a bunch of different ways to impliment the clans.

interesting times and all

#5 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

I do believe it may be necessary to restrict the Clans to a certain number of players, or maybe pilots with a certain number of Pilot Points, in an effort to reduce the "Clan rush" everyone seems to fear. Nobody wants to see a barren Inner Sphere, but I am not of the opinion that the Clans should be kept from the players and made AI controlled. Who really wants to fight CPUs with superior technology? We are coming into MWO for the multiplayer, not half-assed AI stomps.

#6 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

Well, what about restricting access to Clan factions to pilots with higher ranks?
So you know they have at least some experience, and it would sort of fit in with the lore, as they're supposed to be better pilots than the new players; of course, lone wolves don't get ranks, but that's something to elaborate on later.

#7 Spooky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostVertous, on 13 February 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

ok so in 3050 the clans arrive and waste total havoc in the inners sphere. Armor is doubled, weapons are more powerful, range i don't even have to talk about. i wonder if on January of 2013 they will be giving us computer AI clans or the experienced players of mechwarrior online can be able to play the clans faction. i'm thinking the latter here because they probably are going to be able to make us pay for premium stuff hence new clan mechs and what-not.

The Clans arrive in August 3049 in the Periphery, not 3050. The first attack wave against the Inner Sphere happens in March 3050 though, yes.

Edited by Spooky, 13 February 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#8 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostHayden, on 13 February 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Eh, I just don't know. I keep thinking a 3025 start with a faster timeline would have been better. The whole clan thing just lends itself to issues.

Could have basically had two servers, one letting everyone do the succession/minor wars before the Clans hit, and the Clans/beyond.

Probably a bit much for a free 2 play design, but 3025 would have been a lot of fun, especially watching new 'mechs and some tech be rediscovered over time.

Either way, it'll be a fun game I think. If we can't have 3025 era, then I'll be happy stomping the Clans into the mud.

#9 Convaras Bloodskorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I feel like your title is indeed very accurate, a year ahead of yourself. At this point its still to early to speculate on how this will all play out, but I think its safe to say that the dev.s are perfectly aware of what their choice of a start time in the general timeline would require of them. From there its a question of how they'll handle it. Now, that being said, I don't see why there should be any sort of barrier to entry for clans. I really think you're underestimating the community at large. There are plenty of people who are die-hard loyalists, others who will want the challenge of battling superior tech, and those who just simply will be too lazy to cross over to take into account. My gut tells me that these are a far larger percentage of players than some are giving them credit for. The best thing to do is just sit back and see what happens. Enjoy the ride. I really don't feel like this particular issue of a mass exodus from the great houses to the clans is something that we need to trouble ourselves over.

#10 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

ohh great.. another thread with this 1000 times talked to death topic... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users