So apparently you're a terrorist if you know the constitution

100 replies to this topic

#1 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://rt.com/news/f...e-security-171/

***? Well apparently someone should call the cops on me as I know the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence by heart.

#2 Seth Deathstalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Maybe I shouldn't reply to this topic hence I would become a suspect....
But what the heck??
I will not be visiting the USA anytime soon. Not because I am a terrorist - but as a normal European I would stand out in almost any place or crowd in the US. "If you are not one of us then you are one of them." Or how can one interpret the message? Ok, terrorists are a real pain. But... Thank you very much. But no visit.

#3 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I stopped reading the article when I saw how little attention to grammar and spelling was included within it. Also it reeks of bias and exaggeration.

Also Seth, we love European tourists, they have a certain character that interests us. I visit Europe once every three years and sometimes feel a similar sentiment. Except in France of course.

#4 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

O'er the land of the free...

:) :P :) ;) ;)

Edited by Caballo, 13 February 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#5 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I think your being overly paranoid Seth. Also, I believe the message was "If you are not with us on fighting terrorism, then your against us." It's not about nationality or anything like that so you are safe. Also I have met many people from all over Europe who have come here and they blend right in most of the time, even if you have an accent, no one here really cares.

#6 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Your papers please..........your papers are not in order......you will come with me.

#7 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

In general, Gov. needs to go back to being small, and staying the hell out of our lives.

#8 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostCoralld, on 13 February 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

In general, Gov. needs to go back to being small, and staying the hell out of our lives.

Word.

#9 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

The author of that article is an *****. It isn't an order to arrest everyone who fits one of those criteria. It doesn't even say you are a terrorist if you meet one or more of them. What it is saying is that many terrorists or their sympathizers will exhibit these mannerisms.

Think about it. If you are in a shopping mall, acting nervous, asking odd questions, taking photos etc, then you are probably just weird. However I know for a fact that the 9/11 hijackers were reported to the FBI and nothing was done. Work with the sister of one of their flight instructors and hearing his story firsthand was a trip.

#10 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 13 February 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

It isn't an order to arrest everyone who fits one of those criteria. It doesn't even say you are a terrorist if you meet one or more of them. What it is saying is that many terrorists or their sympathizers will exhibit these mannerisms.

Think about it. If you are in a shopping mall, acting nervous, asking odd questions, taking photos etc, then you are probably just weird. However I know for a fact that the 9/11 hijackers were reported to the FBI and nothing was done. Work with the sister of one of their flight instructors and hearing his story firsthand was a trip.

That induces paranoia IMO, and paranoia is a method to control people without using police. Read 1984, Brave new world or Farenheit 451 and then remember the communist russia, the fascism and such.

History is there to teach you, but you gotta try learning.

Edited by Caballo, 13 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#11 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

blogs = IMO

not a good idea to believe everything you read on them

#12 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-16810312
http://content.usato...twitter-jokes/1

Posted Image

:)

Edited by Caballo, 13 February 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#13 DarkLordTempest

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

This

#14 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I honestly don't see anything too extreme on that list. I must be a fascist. : /

Constantly changing SIMM cards? Paying with credit cards under a different name? Driving long distances to use an internet cafe? Sounds a little suspicious to me...

The lists are just tips on what to look out for. It's not an 'arrest someone for doing one thing on this list' list.

I mean it's not like it says round up japanese american citizens and put them in camps. That would never happen. :)

Edited by Sug, 13 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#15 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostCaballo, on 13 February 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

That induces paranoia IMO, and paranoia is a method to control people without using police. Read 1984, Brave new world or Farenheit 451 and then remember the communist russia, the fascism and such.

History is there to teach you, but you gotta try learning.

I've read 1984 and Farenheit 451. I spent 3 years living in Berlin in the 70's when it was in the middle of East Germany. I grew up in the Cold War. So yea, I've learned a bit of history.

Second, it's a bit of stretch to take what I said and say I don't have a clue.

If you read that article, it is clear that the author is either paranoid, delusional, being alarmist, or some combination. As I said, those are the kinds of things that will help you spot someone who is actually up to something. But screaming terrorist because someone is missing a finger is as stupid as assuming someone is a criminal because they are black. Now if they are black, and acting suspiciously, and move behind an obstruction and come out no longer carrying the articles they had when they walked behind the rack, then yea maybe it's time to have a polite and voluntary talk with them. So if you see a guy with 8 fingers taking pictures of a river it's no big deal. But if he is jumpy, and hides the camera when people walk near him etc etc then yea maybe calling the non-emergency number in your city would be a good idea.
If it turns out he is just paranoid someone will steal his camera then no problem. Same as if the person was just lazy and dropped the clothes rather than return them. Which happened many times. Other times, they were stealing. First thing you learn is not to profile on things that don't mean squat. Color of your skin is meaningless. Unnatural red hair is a sure sign though. No clue why. Not a gang thing that we could ever figure out.

Point being. The author is like the ***** who follows the honest black guy around the store while the wealthy kid of the bank VP steals them blind. Happened for the record. Kid had couple hundred cash and was shoplifting.

But hey what do I know? Apparently I can't learn from history.

#16 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I think the problem is that you're taking RT (Russia Today) seriously. They're not exactly a model of outstanding journalism. They're state-funded by a wildly partisan Kremlin.

http://en.wikipedia...._and_criticisms

#17 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

#18 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Preach on my bruttha

#19 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

This summs it up perfectly.

The "powers that be" are getting desperate.

The push for censorsihp to stop anything but controlled media/information the last few years has been insane.

You're also a terrorist for having more than 3 days supply of food in you're house. The whole thing was designed to ensure 99% of the population could be considers a terrorist and detained without question whenever they want.

You should look into FEMA camps also. for so called shelters/aid and organisation centres in the event of terrorist attack or natural disaster, they seem to resemble prison camps quite well. camers up the ********, huge barbed wire fences designed keep people in rather than out, most buildings have no windows, and the ones that do are coverd with metal bars , oh, 90% of the FEMA centres are located directly on a train track too. heh.

fun times ahead when theres a political uprising and martial law is enacted in a last try to retain power rather than let someone like Ron Paul win and take away their control over the populace.

#20 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

If this were the 60s or 70s, people would be rioting for freedom all over the place.
Also, often the terrorists are the people who blend in the best.

Anyway, all the fnords in this thread make me feel funny.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users