ISN News Flash

13 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sun. Apr 15, 3049: The Exituri on Shiloh under investigation for rampant abuses of minors under the guise of “discipline and learning.”

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Ghost?

#3 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Do I detect a youth brainwashing scheme?

#4 MajDisaster

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAurora, CO

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

No Blood No Foul. Unless someone died then its justsomeone getting their knickers in a bunch

#5 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

The Exituri were among the first groups to leave Terra during the Exodus and the first to do so for purely ideological reasons. Shiloh was chosen to be their homeworld because, in 2138, it represented the farthest reaches of space to which the Human Sphere had extended.
Shiloh was, in fact, perfect for Exituri purposes. Dry, marginally fertile, cold during the day from raging winds, hot at night from the heat stored in the rocky grounds, Shiloh is a physical anomaly best suited for religious ascetics.

One of the basic tenets of the Exituri relegion is taken from the Bhagavad-Gita, which says that one's faith should not be presented to foolish strangers who might make fun of it. (This is a rough paraphrase of a language centuries dead.) Consequently, the Exituri, who appear so fanatically devoted to the doctrines of their religion, would not actually tell anybody their beliefs. For one to find out enough to decide whether or not to join the order, therefore, one must have already joined.

Members pray periodically throughout the day, and face Terra as they do so, indicating strong Moslem influence. There apprears to be a strong messianic strain in Exituri that is inconsistent with Hinduism. Various members of the tribe carry religious medallions in the form of crucifix, Star of David, and pentagramm, indicating possible Christian, Jewish, or Pagan roots. They have seasonal festivals reminiscent of pagansim, and they greet friends and strangers alike with the greetings "Sholom Aleichem" or "Salaam Alaikem", which translates as "Peace be with you" in Hebrew and Arbic, respectively.

The original Exituri pilgrims were quite clear about their intentions to get away from Terra and its "corrupting influences", so that they could raise their children in accordance with their extremely strict moral code. Generation after generation, Exituri children have rebelled against the strictness of their upbringing. Shiloh society undergoes periodic reforms, when the moral strictures are eased somewhat for a few years, followed by an inevitable, severe crackdown by the religious authorities, who insist on literal interpretations of their spiritual tenets. A larger proportion of people emigrate from Shiloh then from any other world in Marik space. Even so, those who leave the Exituri faith never tell outsiders what the doctrines of the religion are.

- From Faith in the Inner Sphere, by Rev. Dr. Horace DuShane, Atreus University Press, 3021

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 15 April 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#6 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

From what little i have read so far. They are a organization in the Free Worlds league that uses spies and goons to, sabotage, commit crimes, fruad, and blackmail people to get there way.

Though i could be wrong

Only thing i could find on them.

http://www.sarna.net...voll_Bitterkeit

Edited by Hollister, 15 April 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#7 Korin Orrel

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Good synopsis Thorn. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that these kids are being trained to perform criminal acts?

Also, who is doing the investigating?

#8 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I wonder what happened to Ghost, this is the longer than I've ever seen him take...

#9 MajDisaster

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAurora, CO

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostKorin Orrel, on 15 April 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Can anyone confirm that these kids are being trained to perform criminal acts?

Also, who is doing the investigating?

And there is the cruix of the problem.

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Since when is it "abusive" to have my kids scrub the BattleMech when I get home from training? They have plenty of fun doing it, especially when they get to dangle from the harnesses and stuff.

#11 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Kool-Aid anyone.....???

#12 Talon Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I for one refuse to pilot a mech built by child laborers in some backwater sweatshop.

#13 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Listen, not everyone thinks that kids need safety equipment when working with fusion reactors, some people think that that is just pampering the kids too much. When these people were kids they had to walk to school 10 miles each way every day uphill both ways, in snow, with no shoes on, in threadbare clothes carrying sacks of coal which they mined each day for the family fire which 27 children huddled around every night just to keep themselves warm because their homes had no doors or windows chewing on bits of bark to keep themselves nourished.
Well, thats what i heard anyway, the chatter ...heard it from a pilot who knew this technician who says he heard it in a conversation in a bar over in Solaris between a couple of jocks who knew this dealer in "misplaced" items.

well, thats what i heard

#14 damoonrulz

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Apparently they were overseen by Sandusky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users