#1 DarkBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yesterday, I had the honor to meet and drop with many new HeadHunters members. I was however quite sad to join the House Davion TS server and be subjected to some of the foul talk and actions by new and older Davion members. For that reason I am posting our code here. To those trainers not relaying this code to the recruits, please get on the stick and clear this up. The Code is on both Regimental sites. (Yes at this time there are two HH teams we are all HeadHunters from same roots.) Even PGI removed the PGI TS server for such problems. So please, HeadHunters be proud of your heritage and a great team founded by those before you. Respect yourselves and your teammates. The HH is not some backwater lowlife team deserving of no respect. In the view overall, I am pleased with your efforts. I saw some fine team work here. The HH is and will be one of the top MechWarrior teams of all times.

I have edited this post as, It was pointed out the failure was on the CoC, recruiters, and trainers not the recruits. This post is only to let those looking at a HH team, We do have a code and if you can not respect this, maybe you should look elsewhere.

The HeadHunters code of conduct:

As in any human endeavor, the higher the level of organization, the more highly defined the rules that govern the organization must be. Our code will attempt to define and preserve the unique character of our group and through it, our online Battletech / MechWarrior experience.

Code of Conduct

Article 1:

We consider HONOR above ALL; We will treat all members of the Battletech/MechWarrior community with courtesy and respect. We will address each officer as Sir and use the ~S~ to acknowledge others when entering or leaving a game, or beginning or ending a communication. “Smack Talk” or derogatory comments are never warranted.

Article 2:

We will play hard and we will play fair. We never “Back Stab” or shoot our own in combat or practice. We will not “leg” in our practice servers. We will give every opponent our best effort and we will ensure that our conduct in games is beyond reproach. We will engage in no activity, which is not in the spirit of “fair play” or of the mission.

Article 3:

We will recognize the efforts of the many talented people in the Battletech/MechWarrior community who have contributed so much, so freely by conducting ourselves in the same spirit of Battletech/MechWarrior sharing. We as members will promote our community to the best of our abilities.

Article 4:

We are aware of the fact that many players may be playing over speakers and that wives and children may be present. We are also aware that our pilots come from many time zones around the world and while it may be 2:00 a.m. where you are, it may be 2:00 p.m. where your opponent is and we will ensure our language and behavior on communication programs reflect this.

Article 5:

We recognize the fact that our virtual enjoinment is a unique place, free from the political, religious and economic strife of the real world. We realize that to preserve this “cultural level playing field” we will forego any inflammatory or heated discussions of the political or religious nature.

Article 6:

We realize one of the benefits of belonging to the Head Hunters is a group who has agreed to play by the same rules, and conduct themselves by the same Code. We will identify ourselves as belonging to such a group by displaying the “HH” in our call sign at all times while online and we will be held accountable for our actions while displaying the HH call sign.

Article 7:

We believe the greatest asset of this group is the member. Our Battletech/MechWarrior world is the product of the selfless contributions of countless talented people from around the globe. This group was formed in that spirit of sharing, for the enriched experience and enjoyment of us all. We are a group that has made a commitment to our hobby, and its members. We will all bring something different to contribute to this group, some members may be very talented at one aspect or another of piloting or computers, and others may be highly skilled painters or developers. No matter what our current skill levels are, or how proficient we are at any aspect of the game, we have a number of things in common. We all came online to have combat with other people, we all are playing Battletech/MechWarrior, we all found the time to do this and we all did, or will, require assistance to get the absolute most out of our efforts. We recognize that the real world’s issues must be put before any game or hobby and that there will be no mandatory attendance required of any HH member. A member will when able post his availability so we may arrange League battles. HH members agree to contribute what time we have to fighting online to our HH teammates and forego membership in any other online Battletech/MechWarrior League Team. A member will be considered MIA after 14 days of no contact. They will be placed as reserve after 30 days of inactivity.

Article 8:

Discipline: Any commander may demote or remove a member from his command. (The removed member will be placed in an appropriate lance, company, battalion or, regiment.) The commander is expected to show just cause. The member may choose to take this action to General Review. (Court Martial) Court Martial is trial by the five (5) highest rank members available. The member may challenge one (1) member on the trial board. One (1) continuance is allowed per side. The issuing commander will be prosecutor. The member may speak for himself or choose council. All infractions of Suspension or Removal of a member must be approved up the CoC to the RXO or RCTXO. If the RXO or RCTXO abstains or disapproves, the decision will fall to the RCO or RCTCO. A member may appeal to a Command General Review. This is the five (5) Highest Commanding Officers. All offences less than these issues are to be considered petty offences. Verbal then written warnings are to be issued. After three (3) written warnings within 3 months a General Review is required.

Drafted by DarkBringer, approved by the founders and all HH members 1999.

~S~

LftCol. DarkBringer AA -SF- *DR* HeadHunters RCT

:)

Got Rangers?

Edited by DarkBringer, 30 August 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#2 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

ooh a Davion acting all high and mighty, never seen THAT before.

#3 DarkBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostGreyrook, on 30 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

ooh a Davion acting all high and mighty, never seen THAT before.

I bet you have from the spectator view....

See ya dirt side...

~S~

DB

:)

#4 Denin

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Its sad when adults need a code of conduct and cannot use their own common sense to act like respectable human beings.

That being said, its nice to see someone try to put some good sense into people, and I applaud your efforts.

#5 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Not bad, but the legging restriction is archaic, as in no longer relevant given the change in mechanics.
As a FWL pilot with the Pink Dolphin Irregulars Recon Lance I would benefit from that restriction but I like a challenge.

#6 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostDenin, on 30 August 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Its sad when adults need a code of conduct and cannot use their own common sense to act like respectable human beings.

That being said, its nice to see someone try to put some good sense into people, and I applaud your efforts.

Common sense is massively subjective and generally boils down to "obvious to me".

I agree with your sentiment and your support for the code of conduct, I just have a pet peeve about the term "common sense"

#7 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

~S~ DB

Tis a shame your comms were a bit weird last night Sir.

As far as the articles go Hax, the legging only applies to HH members in practice sessions.

Your legs are fair game in combat :)

I look forward to dropping with the guys on a regular basis.

#8 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

No offense, but this is kinda like taking out a billboard on the freeway to announce you are out of soda, instead of just pinning a note on the fridge. New recruits are being reminded of protocols and specifically the code, directly, on the teamspeak server, and in our forums. Many have just recently joined and are still learning, but this wasnt the place for a lesson, IMO.

Lets leave the billboards for the ads and reel in the laundry..

#9 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Armageddon Unlimited is a primarily FedCom based mercenary unit though, being mercenary, we will of course go where the money is best, as will all mercenary units, in the end.

We have a very similar Code of Conduct and, indeed, received the original GCMJ and Code of Conduct we operate on from you, Aylward; not sure if you remember or not, but when I was in the 1st Capellan Dragoons, with BattleMaster, we were working on something together, and I asked if I could have a copy of those documents, and you slid them to me. Thank you. They are now the governing characteristics, with merc mods and additions, of Armageddon Unlimited, and I agree with, and intend to post in our own honor discussion, what Leftenant Colonel DarkBringer has posted, here.

#10 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I do remember, and I don't disagree with the message.. just the chosen "forum" it was addressed in. :)

#11 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Truth be told, I understand the reason he's done this, and I don't disagree with your disagreement :) . In fact, I've been thinking, from the time I read this message earlier, about posting Armageddon Unlimited's Code of Conduct, General Code of Military Justice, and Standard Operating Procedures. However, I think he's stated these well-enough, as they're similar in origin and word, for the most part, and he HAS posted them in the House Davion forum, so though I don't agree with the idea of posting them in the open, I do believe it should be used as a training tool for others.

#12 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostHax DB Header, on 30 August 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Not bad, but the legging restriction is archaic, as in no longer relevant given the change in mechanics.
As a FWL pilot with the Pink Dolphin Irregulars Recon Lance I would benefit from that restriction but I like a challenge.

What....legging in practice? No one said we can't do it in a match. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users