Weekly Review - August 31st

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Weekly Review – August 31st

I swear I just did one of these. Didn't I just do one of these? Time flies! Started the week off with Ask The Devs 14 - Answers (Ask The Devs 15 will be open until the end of the day, get your questions in now!), then had our wonderful PAX news (anyone going? I wish I was, you can be sure). Then we had yet another fantastic story by Mr. Bills (which is definitely all it's cracked up to be) as well as the Amazing Adventures of Me - In The Beta! I've got the impression these are popular, so we'll try to add them in as much as possible.

Then we had Weekly Screenshot 17 (an interesting portrayal of me as an LRM magnet.) Thanks again for tuning in everyone, and I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

We’ll see you again next week!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Keep 'em coming :D

Maybe next time you do an 'adventures in beta' you can make a video instead :huh:

#3 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

New mech pics? Its been a few weeks since we were shown any new mech planned for release.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostViper69, on 31 August 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

New mech pics? Its been a few weeks since we were shown any new mech planned for release.

They answered this is Ask the Devs 14- Marketing directive is making them save it for a special occasion. It's done but they're saving it for something..

Edited by Redshift2k5, 31 August 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#5 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Ah ok. Carry on.

#6 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

would love for them to post their PAX experiance or video of their alotted PAX Q&A Sessions for those that missed it due to other happinings

#7 _Beals_

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPa

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

when are you going to let more free players in. i would like to help out in this game.
i was going to buy a founders package until i found out it was first person shooter.
so i am waiting on spending money till i can try it as i am not a fan of fps

#8 Apone

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

This isn't an FPS in the way that *insert modern war FPS here* is. Your 'Mech is heavy.. and can't turn on a dime. You drive it like you would a tank essentially, and precision is key. that and all weapons have a max range. so no sniping from across the map in most cases. Engagements require timing and support. I hope i've persuaded you to dish out some money to help make this game a better game!

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

I believe it's considered "tactical simulation" or something like that. Have you played MechWarrior 1-4? It's like that, but more multiplayer and less solo campaign.

#10 McDoog

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'd like to see a screen shot from a missle boat with 4 sets of missles from 4 boats headed for the same target.
Let the fire rain down upon them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users