How long will it take to saddle new Mech?

13 replies to this topic

#1 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

What do you think, how much will (or should, from your perspective) it take to save money/XP for new Mech?

I would like to have it as quite long process, to make the day of buying new chasis a special day and savour the moment B) That would also make planning of further purchases the startegic part of the game, adding some pepper into it, IMO.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

However long it takes for you to get your credit card out and fill out the online form in the cash shop.

#3 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 14 February 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

However long it takes for you to get your credit card out and fill out the online form in the cash shop.

I think the question is geared towards the grinding aspect not the purchasing.

I think a dedicated player, playing a lot should have access to a new mech every few days, a more casual player week and a half to two weeks.

#4 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

it depends on salvage as well. how much we can get and how much we can sell

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

it's only several million c-bills for an excellent heavy mech. i dont think casual players will have any issues at all with that price range. rare obscure mechs might be a different issue tho.

#6 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

I believe Paul said something about the price of Mechs the same as it would be in life....Good thing I'm in the Marine Corps....I can use the Money we get every year to get me an Atlas...I'm sure my unit wouldn't mind being broke for a while. Most of us are anyway

#7 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostIxxxI, on 14 February 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

What do you think, how much will (or should, from your perspective) it take to save money/XP for new Mech?

I would like to have it as quite long process, to make the day of buying new chasis a special day and savour the moment B) That would also make planning of further purchases the startegic part of the game, adding some pepper into it, IMO.

I'm all for it taking a respectable time to earn funds for a new Mech, but if they choose to do so, there simply HAS TO BE a way you can locally test out a chassis before you decide on the option to buy it. Otherwise the amount of buyer's remorse in this game would be amazingly high.

#8 Kael Tropheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 282 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hmm and what will this mean for House pilots? Its not as if soldiers get paid alot extra to be in combat. I guess salvage will be the gist of pay or some kind of House loyalty points to request a new chassis?

#9 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

From some of the info in the FAQs it should not take any-time before getting into a mech since MWO is in-part for casual gamers. All other MW did have such restrictions on getting mechs in multiplayer are rightfully so - it would be too boring other wise. In MWO you may need to 'rent-a-mech' if needed to complete a contract?

#10 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View Postnubnub, on 14 February 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

From some of the info in the FAQs it should not take any-time before getting into a mech since MWO is in-part for casual gamers. All other MW did have such restrictions on getting mechs in multiplayer are rightfully so - it would be too boring other wise. In MWO you may need to 'rent-a-mech' if needed to complete a contract?

Well, we know that there will be some sort of 'Mech selection for new accounts, although how that is being handled is an unknown. I believe the OP is referring to the amount of time to acquire a new chassis, aside from the starter.

Now, to OP, the answer is simple: What are you looking to buy? Light 'Mechs are reasonably cheap, a PNT-9R Panther is gonna run you a smidge under 2.5 million c-bills, while an AS7-D Atlas you're looking at around 9.6 million c-bills. Now, IF Clan 'Mechs come up for purchase at any point, look for a hefty price tag. An Adder Prime is going to run you just over 7 million c-bills, and that Timber Wolf most are salivating over is a pocket-crushing 24 million and change. Yes, you can buy an entire company of standard IS 'Mechs for the cost of a single Timber Wolf.

#11 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 14 February 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Yes, you can buy an entire company of standard IS 'Mechs for the cost of a single Timber Wolf.

Or you can buy the Timber Wolf and 'acquire' the IS company if you know what I mean

Edited by nubnub, 14 February 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#12 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

View Postnubnub, on 14 February 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Or you can buy the Timber Wolf and 'acquire' the IS company if you know what I mean

Well, if a T-Wolf allows you to salvage a company, it would stand to figure that if I had a company, I'd quickly find myself with a regiment...and then a battalion! Besides, I hate Timber Wolves, just using it as an example of how RIDICULOUSLY overpriced OmniMechs are.

#13 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 14 February 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Well, if a T-Wolf allows you to salvage a company, it would stand to figure that if I had a company, I'd quickly find myself with a regiment...and then a battalion! Besides, I hate Timber Wolves, just using it as an example of how RIDICULOUSLY overpriced OmniMechs are.

Hey, quality is expensive. And it the right hands, it's priceless.

#14 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

How long will it take to saddle new mech?

Well, if I learned anything from Red Dead Redemption, it takes a while to find the right mech out in the wild. I like to get the black embattles. They are always the fastest. Some times you have to be careful though, commando's dont have strong enough stock joints to sustain a full out bucking 55 or 65 tonner so you have to upgrade your actuators before you head out to tackle the big bucks. Though once you got one roped it takes I would guess about 20 - 30 seconds of a balancing mini game to tire out the mech and then you have to ride it back to your stables to make it yours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users