Nice [interview with Russ Bullock and ZAM]

12 replies to this topic

#1 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

from the Zam interview.with Russ Bullock

"" In a way, the pre-production process for MWO was several years long and because of that we're going to be able to release MWO in 2012 at the quality level we think this game deserves. ""

http://www.zam.com/s...tml?story=29026

Thank you guys, and great interview....

Edited by Opus, 14 February 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#2 Habokku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Very good interview, can't wait to see the next three installments!

Thanks for linking it to us Opus, and thank you Russ for taking the time out to sit down and give interviews, as well as join us on the forums here. Your presence and attention is appreciated, as I can only imagine the level of work being done by the crew there at PGI. B)

<S> Keep up the fantastic work sir. Can't wait to see what's to come!

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

#3 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

For example, it's not many months after release that the Clans are due to show up and there is a little planet called Solaris VII that is pretty cool.

WE HAVE CONFIRMATION OF SOLARIS VII ARENA COMBAT!

#4 Jacob Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostPhalanx, on 14 February 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

WE HAVE CONFIRMATION OF SOLARIS VII ARENA COMBAT!

B) YAY!

#5 Convaras Bloodskorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTrondheim

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Its pretty great for me to see such explicit and firm executive support for the F2P model, especially with statements like this.

For example, Namco-Bandai Partners' Senior VP Olivier Comte argued just recently that "free-to-play games can't be high quality."...I could not disagree more. A statement like that says to me that unless you can make a Call of Duty, Gears of War, or a Halo product, it should not be made.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I would be supremely disappointed if MWO followed in the footsteps of those titles. In general I have just become more and more apathetic towards the franchises that just use a cookie cutter for every game in their series. Having an immense budget does not necessarily a great game make.

#6 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostConvaras Bloodskorn, on 14 February 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Its pretty great for me to see such explicit and firm executive support for the F2P model, especially with statements like this.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I would be supremely disappointed if MWO followed in the footsteps of those titles. In general I have just become more and more apathetic towards the franchises that just use a cookie cutter for every game in their series. Having an immense budget does not necessarily a great game make.

I would be willing to pay for MW:O but F2P is awesome, I will find reasons to buy things, just to support Piranha. Not being a kiss-azz, I really believe in supporting talent, and hard work

Edited by Opus, 14 February 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#7 Phelan Adam Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostOpus, on 14 February 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

I would be willing to pay for MW:O but F2P is awesome, I will find reasons to buy things, just to support Piranha. Not being a kiss-azz, I really believe in supporting talent, and hard work

...I´m pretty sure this is what everyone here thinks right now. B)

#8 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Awesome interview, just finished reading it and the 1st one with Bryan. Hearing Solaris VII from Russ was awesome, but Bryan touched on something in his that made me squeek a little bit...

"Each `Mech has a role on the battlefield and is fully customizable by the player using an intuitive menu system called MechLab. Customizations include weapons, armor, along with other accessories, and modules."

It appears, at the very least, that the MechLab will allow armor and weapon customization, probably also systems like MASC and C3 computers. Now we just need specifics on how that's going to be handled...hard points or crits?

#9 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostPhelan Adam Davion, on 14 February 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

...I´m pretty sure this is what everyone here thinks right now. B)

+1, its what they are really hoping for

#10 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I cannot wait for the next installments, hopefully they will let a few more bombshells slip in those interviews as well.

#11 Rhinehart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

We are watching, and we are waiting. Every day the excitement ratchets up just a bit more.

You've definitely got our attention.

#12 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Seems to me that Namco-Bandai Partners' Senior VP Olivier Comte just got told like a foo'. League of Legends is a very quality game, for instance, and just look at Warface, Crytek's new free-to-play game.

I'm glad Russ is full of so much **** and vineger for this franchise. He is the truly the hero that Mechwarrior deserves.

#13 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Good interview, everything we hear shows that they want MWO to be a long term, evolving game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users