Mouse & board, arc toggle. multy-target feature, joystick afterthoughts.

No replies to this topic

#1 AcesHigh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm considering the multy-targeting feature tentatively put in the scout tree, and how that could be of use to a Catapult class mech. Although a heavy artillery style mech may not seem to fit the scout role on first glance, given the right conditions I might just use it as such, providing wing mech capably of delivering force the the front lines wile guarding the flank from harrasment.

Spoiler
  • • Multi-Targeting – Allows the pilot to target multiple enemies up to 4 at a time.
A scenario comes to mind where you're duking it out with one mech in a varied terrain, and your lancemate calls you in to IDF their target.

As the discussion has revealed you're gonna need to arc the missiles to get over intermittent cover, such as a nearby cliff face.

using a preset toggle key (such as ctrl, or r-shift, num4, etc...) that when held down slaves the missile racks(& embedded camera) to one of the sub monitors and binds your mouse movements to the same.

In my above scenario: You can aquire target lock & start launching salvos of LRM at an appropriate angle off the sub-screen while holding your weapons group toggle, while releasing it as necessary to operate your torso twist to fine tune the aim of your medium LASERs and keep your opponent in sight for the short range duel on the main HUD. doing each task in between the weapon cycle of the other.

Taking this a step further, you could have a screen slaved to each weapons group, with a "barrel camera".

As an interface tweak/option I'd like to be able to inset such a barrel cam on my reticule wherever it may be at the time whenever that toggle it hit obscuring an area around the HUD crosshairs but showing the direct control of the weapons system in question (simply a matter of eye movement time in the heat of battle).

If using a joystick setup, 'd like to be able to use the hat-switch in a similar fasion, with it reticule binding the camera and movement.

Edited by AcesHigh, 14 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users