Small Group RP

38 replies to this topic

#1 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

So I've recently returned back to MWO site and I'm looking to get back into some RP. My problem right now is most the stories have like ten plus people things can get unorginizied and confusing. So I was wondering if anyone had a smaller scale story or wanted to start one... Thank you ahead of time.

#2 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Welcome back, Durgan.

Totally agree with you about the lack of organization and confusion that comes with many players. But I must say that RL has a way of interfering with RP, players will come and go. So most (so it seems to me anyways) of the stories/rps have many characters, yes, but only a few of them are posting regularly, and most post once every couple of weeks or so. It frustraits me.

I hope you find yourself (or somebody starts) a new group soon.

#3 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yea I understand, I just got back from the field so I'm out of the loop on pretty much everything, But if someone has something coming up I'd still be interested in getting in on the action got a lot of free time right now and looking to fill it with some good RP.

#4 Mr Everything

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

My Davion Pilot would love to RP with a group with a good Game master and not a totally player driven story interaction etc....

#5 Meduna Macross

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Oooo... it's been a long time since I did any writing or RPing based in the Mechwarrior Universe. How would this be run? Where would it take place?

#6 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

That would defferntly be fun, unfornatly I've never GMed so I don't have the experience or the know how to GM a RP.

#7 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

I have to agree with Thom, though many RPs here have a long list of accepted players most of them are still in practice rather small scale as ultimately an RP usually ends up being played or rather maintained by a small but active group. ;)

#8 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Your welcome to join mine if you'd like. it's the "Your Last chance is Here and Now" Thread. We have about 5 to 6 regulars right now including Thom here. You'd be more than welcome, so feel free to take a look and if you'd be interested. As for a purely GM driven campaign, in my experience it's quite hard to do one via message boards, because if/ when you get the group together as a whole you end up having a long wait time for all the characters actions to unfold, usually because real life interferes or some such thing happens. If one were to venture forth in such en-devours I'd highly suggest that each player be willing to allow the GM to take over their character for some actions after they hadn't posted for say a week or such and they pick it back up when they could. Otherwise if they didn't respond if like a month or a month in a half the character would fall into a background or NPC role, and possibly even die off or such. That's just a suggestion though.

Edited by Oni Storm, 03 September 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#9 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Oni, are you refuring to the 'string of unfortunate accidents' that befell a bunch of the PCs in my RP?

#10 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I tried reading it and I got lost in the sauce haha, trying to figure out who and were everyone is.. im guessing there will be a rally point once things get a little further in.

#11 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 03 September 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

I tried reading it and I got lost in the sauce haha, trying to figure out who and were everyone is.. im guessing there will be a rally point once things get a little further in.

I really hope so. Most of us are now part of Rainbow Stables.. but there's still a bunch (the ones that haven't really been posting regularly) that have their mechs stowed in the mechspace or elsewhere. For the most part all the active players are recent additions minus Rogue.

#12 Durgan Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

well trying to get comms with oni so i can perhaps join you all, got some good ideas if everything comes together.

#13 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostDurgan Carlyle, on 03 September 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

well trying to get comms with oni so i can perhaps join you all, got some good ideas if everything comes together.

Awesome! Periphery Pirates for the WIN!!!

#14 Hydriatus

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Just a random note to thrown in - you could always try RPing with a group over rolld20 or Infrno...

#15 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'd be willing to run a campaign of 5-6, GM driven - but I'd run it invite only. No random sign ups, no one I don't know, no one who's going to make us wait for a month for a reply without warning (Like I just did in L&D:AMWT *Cough* *Cough*).
So yeah, basically, in an ideal universe.
Still it's a good idea, so if you're invested in this, gather a group of the regular posters in a PM and see who's interested.

#16 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Rogue Gming... NICE!!

That's really good because I was begining to kick around ideas... I'm all for it! I already have a guy in mind, if we're in a 3035ish setting, anyways.

#17 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Oh no, now I have to do it.

#18 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

heeheehee :)

#19 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

In advance, do not be even remotely surprised if the RP I come up with ends up like this:

http://www.mspaintad...m/?s=6&p=005985

#20 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 03 September 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

In advance, do not be even remotely surprised if the RP I come up with ends up like this:

http://www.mspaintad...m/?s=6&p=005985

Oh now you've done it. I've got this space clown idea going, that or an infinity eight tattooed tramp stamp, not sure which :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users