228 replies to this topic

#221 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Let them make more MA type games. Keeps the people who like that type of game happy and out of MWO where they will complain and irritate those of us who like a slightly slower more complicated game. Its really win/win. Not to mention it gets the name and the genre out there which may bring more people to MWO which is also win/win.

To summerize:

More MW = more win/win/win/win

#222 Joeseph Pierce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostGhost Bear, on 28 May 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

What's worse is when people like mech assault more over mech warrior. I just facepalm then.

That's your opinion. Some people don't like the simulation that MW provides and prefer a more relaxed, "arcadey" mech game. for them, there's MechAssault. Besides, MA introduced a lot of people to the Battletech Universe. I know that there are some MA Fans out here, and i'm pretty sure that for a lot of them, MA IS what introduced them to the universe. So stop hating on MA. Now i don't like MA, which is OK, and i think that is a feeling that many people on this forum can agree on, but could you please just be a little more open to the fans of MechAssault coming here?

#223 Wolf Hreda

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHesperia, CA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

You do know Reign of Thunder is not actually a Mechassault title, right? According to Day 1 Studios it is an all new Intellectual Property, which just happens to involve large death machines blowing each other to pieces.

#224 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

A Propper Mechwarrior has a single player campaign.

#225 Ryedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

wow there are allot of battletech titles coming out this year! first the re-boot( now MWO ) then the 2 different tactics games and now MA3! not to mention that the 25th anniversary battletech boxset released earlier this year ( of which i am a proud owner :D ) I just hope that they dont mess this one up like they did with MA2. I dont hate MA2 it was just not as good as the first and a little too much battle armor missions ( but they were cool at first ) But i will be watching this new development very closely ;)

#226 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

That trailer was SO bad... :/
I would compare RoT with Hawken since they are both fast-paced FPS with big robots whereas MWO is more of a simulation. With the hawken trailer you had superb graphic details of how the robots fonction (look again at the gun-towers deployment), you had dust and clumsyness, it felt like you were piloting a heavy piece of machinery.

In this RoT trailer, I think they accelerated it...Well they shouldn't have ! Bacasue it looks like the mechs are micro-machines made out of paper. It's way too fast andthe movements are way too "smooth" for it to feel like you're operating a huge armored robot. Might as well play Tribes : Ascend then, looks way better.
Ask anyone who piloted a tank of any armored vehicle : it's (almost) as fast as a car, but piloting it is a lot different !

#227 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostMechWarrior Destroyer, on 14 August 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Guys stop with all the rage. It isn't another Mech Assault. It's just a horrible looking game called Reign of Thunder. Look it up on Day 1 Studios's website if you don't believe me. :)

They stopped raging 3 months ago.

You, however, showed up here 3 months later to "calm the down". When using search, check what time was the last post made at, so you can prevent an embarrasing situation like this in the future. :)

#228 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

the year of mechs..*faints*

#229 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostRed Beard, on 16 February 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

This is, by far, the best analogy of what every MW game has felt like. Far too regulated, and choked to the point of each game being a chore, and not a game.

Because of course, having boundaries is evil.

Say, why not have a chainsaw weapon for the "mechs?" ...

Better yet, why not have the "mechs" be big clowns on trycicles?

Anarchy for the win! :P

Edited by Pht, 15 August 2012 - 10:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users