How will the Clan Invasion affect the players?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Big Willie

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Players can join Houses, Mercenary Companies, or run Solo.
Houses can engage Faction worlds
Merc Companies can engage Border worlds
Solo can play with themselves

Since the setting takes place during the Clan invasion, will we have the opportunity to join a Clan? How will Clan occupation affect worlds that Houses and Merc Co's can engage?

If all battles are Player vs Player (i.e. no AI opponents) How will the clan invasion be handled, will Houses and Merc Companies be able to engage them or even defend their territory?

Clearly the Clan invastion is going to a very important part of the MWO story (why else set the date at 3049), but I am having a difficult time understanding where we as players fit into that story.

Edited by Big Willie, 16 February 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#2 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

The clan are about to hit the Periphery, it's going to be about a year before they hit the IS.

#3 KaiserSoze

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationI have left where I was, and I am now where I won't be.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Just more mechs to shoot at with better goodies.... :ph34r:

#4 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostBig Willie, on 16 February 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Clearly the Clan invastion is going to a very important part of the MWO story (why else set the date at 3049), but I am having a difficult time understanding where we as players fit into that story.

Target Practice for the Clans. What else?
For at least the first year of the invasion, we are supposed to lose. Big-Time. :D
Strange huh? :lol:

Sounds like fun. :ph34r:

#5 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Something that crossed my mind while thinking about the Clan issue was, that some players might be caught by the Clans and this way could join their ranks. It could also be, that they will be a NPC faction throughout the game... which wouldn't bother me, but other players might be right out insulted. They will be a faction... no matter what. This being said, Houses and Mercs should have the chance to engage their worlds, of course. I guess, it wouldn't be too unfair to increase bonuses for these battles, fighting the Clans basically means, that we're engaging in harder battles, so the reward should be bigger too :D

In terms of playstile? We players will have to adapt to Clanner tactics, outnumber them and fight dirty... use ambushes and stuff like that, but in the end, we're going to lose quite a lot of battles. That's basically it. I don't really want to think too much about the Clans at the moment, when dealing with MWO... too many uncertainties (we basically don't know many of the game mechanics / features, yet). And I like being surprised (by good surprises, not the Phelan Ward on the Rock kind surprises :ph34r:).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users