[RP] Zellbrigen

12 replies to this topic

#1 Dexxtaa

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Brothers and sisters of the Clans, true heirs to the Throne of Kerensky.

I come before you to discuss the code of Zellbrigen. Many of the Inner Sphere fighters discuss and poll and debate about the use of Zellbrigen; our form of honor combat.

With the birth of Zellbrigen from Clan Coyote (all honor to them and their practices) comes the burden that questions our use of Zellbrigen in the coming war. We will see the Inner Sphere call to us for our code of honor.

Most of us will agree to zellbrigen. But I caution you against it. Zellbrigen is OUR way. It is OUR right to challenge each other to the honor of single combat. Clan against clan, it dishonors our Bloodname to break the rules of our tradition.

But against this... filth, it does us no dishonor to ignore their helpless cries for honor when we know that they themselves will grant us no such obeisance. As evidenced by their ridiculous catcalling.

View PostMattiator, on 28 June 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Dishonor before death!

View PostSparkSovereign, on 28 June 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

As a clanner, yes, doing stupid honorable stuff is the fun part of being a clanner (having the tech to pull it off is a bonus). As an Inner Sphere pilot...

"I accept your batchall with my Jenner."
"Lancemates, stand on that ridge. Wait 'til I Narc him before you light him up."

View PostIskra, on 28 June 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

agree to fight him 1on1 , but if I start to go down, call in my backup and finish him ; if you think I would give him any satisfaction your very very wrong....

View PostJanus Wealth, on 28 June 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

I cant vote without a "the only respond that a clanner will get is a narc-beacon"-option. :)

As you can see from this, I do not believe the Inner Sphere fighters will grant us any honor that we would do them.

Remember this rule of Zellbrigen as it pertains to what I speak of:
- A warrior has the right to refuse challenges from Inner Sphere units, especially if underhanded plays are suspected.

Clanner against Clanner, we will honor the rules that bind our society and bring our Bloodname Houses honor and glory. If the Inner Sphere scum challenge us, we will show him how our laborer caste handles our disposal units.
~

Spoiler

Edited by Dexxtaa, 12 September 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#2 Alaric Howard

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

I will give the freebirths a chance, but once Zellbrigen is broken the only honor they'll see is the fact that they died at my hands.

#3 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Barcella, Irece

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostAlaric Howard, on 13 September 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

I will give the freebirths a chance, but once Zellbrigen is broken the only honor they'll see is the fact that they died at my hands.

How can you give "honor" to the freeborn warriors when your "honor" is already soiled? By your own disregard for the purity of the Language of the Star League, no less. A dedicated Clansman would not have made such an error.

As well, what honor is claimed by this "Clanner" talk? Are we not Clansmen, quiaff?

Spoiler

#4 Aaron DeChavilier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

General Kerensky and I didn't defeat the Usurper by tying our hands behind our backs...just pointing that out.

#5 Noble

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I for one welcome our new clanner overlords.

#6 Greyrook

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

*exaggerated eye roll*

#7 Mister Freeze

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Zellbrigen will be adhered to until the IS starts taking advantage of it. At that point, the gloves come off...and the unlucky IS warrior discovers the true power of a Clan mech.

#8 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Zellbringen will only be observed if my foe is a fellow Clansmen. As for the IS barbarians, if they seek batchall i will oblige but i am no fool; my starmates will be standing by to halt any treachery.

Edited by RagingOyster, 30 September 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostRagingOyster, on 29 September 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Zellbringen will only be observed if my foe is a fellow Clansmen. As for the IS barbarians, if they seek batchall i will oblige but i am no fool; my starmates will be standing by to halt any treachery.

Fixed.

#10 Forren

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew Barcella, Irece

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostNathan K, on 29 September 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Fixed.

You are doing the Great Father's work. Stay vigilant.

#11 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

I cannot believe i made such a foolish mistake! Thank you Nathan K for correcting me. Clearly the freebirths are rubbing off on me; i should stop spending so much time in the non-Clan forums.

#12 Dexxtaa

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostGreyrook, on 14 September 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

*exaggerated eye roll*

The filth intrude on our territory. Be aware, brothers and sisters!

:(

#13 Snake Icaza

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

I concur. Among ourselves we must respect our code of honor and keep it dear. When the great Crusaders of Kerensky rightfully return to Terran soil it will be the code of the sphere.

For now though, when among freeborns... be a complete stravag dog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users