#1 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Hello, Clanners I have a question for you

When you arrived in the Inner Sphere, you swept away all opposition, no matter their faction.

You carved a bloody swathe in our beloved Inner Sphere.

There was nothing standing in your way. Terra was yours.

you had superior technology, better than even the Star-League

and yet you had your collective a**es handed to you by a semi-religious telecommunications group

how did you fail so epically, and how can you still claim to be the 'best warriors ever' when you were beaten so blatantly?

#2 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

How do you mean fail?

The Wardens most definately won here, read the BoK Trilogy to find out what I'm talking about here.

#3 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

I mean all those poor clanners that tried to kill the IS, and failed taking one planet.

#4 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

That one planet they failed to capture was what we call "plot armor". As in, that is what the writers wanted to happen so they allowed Comstar to outplay the Clans at their own game. Had the Invading Clans actually listened to, and followed Ulric Kerensky's battle plan then maybe, just maybe more than just Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear would have actually completed their objectives and claimed their glorious prize of Terra. But no, Jade Chickens and every other half-baked Clan had to do their own thing and let Comstar make them look pants-on-head-stupid.

But lets face it, most of those other Clans couldn't even decide on pizza toppings in their Sibko without a circle of equals being called for, and then several trials of grievances being called for by the losers.

Edit: Because re-tarded is now in the censor. Really? REALLY? Do we have some Christy over sensitive mother adding words to the filter now? >.<

Edited by Evinthal, 05 September 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#5 Assault One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Yeah I know the Wolves had their own thing going on, but the rest of the Clans involved in that particular battle all got their behinds handed to them. I think that's the OP's point.

#6 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Plot shield anyone? The same reason why all the uber-powerful baddies get spanked by an half stupid/ex-alcoholic in all those action movies.

#7 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostDymitry, on 05 September 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Plot shield anyone? The same reason why all the uber-powerful baddies get spanked by an half stupid/ex-alcoholic in all those action movies.

True that.

#8 Dymitry

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostEvinthal, on 05 September 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

But lets face it, most of those other Clans couldn't even decide on pizza toppings in their Sibko without a circle of equals being called for, and then several trials of grievances being called for by the losers.

Yeah, that sounds about right. We have to share a pizza, we are Clan and we do not waste.

You really want pineapple and ham? Over my lukewarm senseless body.

#9 Axocaster

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Well, let's see...for one thing, not even the Clans suspected Comstar of having a massive military operation and for another, the Clans ritualized combat down to the last micrometer into something of a game for them. Having forgotten what real war was like on a major scale, they got hosed when they expected the Inner Sphere to play nice and by their rules. Ha! Give me a break, clanners. There's a reason why the Ares Conventions got drafted so long ago. The Inner Sphere mastered the art of "win no matter what" warfare, and Comstar's ComGuards aren't slouches, even if they are fighting the supposed "superior children of Kerensky." Kerensky, by the way, was nothing more than a spoiled irgnoramus who took his ball and went home. He could have single-handedly kept the Inner Sphere from engaging in the Succession Wars through his influence in the Star League, but instead he took said Star League into the unknown, leaving the Great Houses to sort themselves out. Kerensky's blood? Give me a break. More like an irresponsible foster parent, really. Kudos for the ComGuards for what they did on Tukkayid. And for extra clarification, all that legendary battle led to was the treaty of Tukkayid, which forced the clan to postpone the invasion for a few more years. Not that Miraborg's legendary act of self-sacrifice didn't put the clans well on their way to halting the invasion, mind you.

#10 Dymitry

• 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostAxocaster, on 05 September 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Well, let's see...for one thing, not even the Clans suspected Comstar of having a massive military operation and for another, the Clans ritualized combat down to the last micrometer into something of a game for them. Having forgotten what real war was like on a major scale, they got hosed when they expected the Inner Sphere to play nice and by their rules. Ha! Give me a break, clanners. There's a reason why the Ares Conventions got drafted so long ago. The Inner Sphere mastered the art of "win no matter what" warfare, and Comstar's ComGuards aren't slouches, even if they are fighting the supposed "superior children of Kerensky." Kerensky, by the way, was nothing more than a spoiled irgnoramus who took his ball and went home. He could have single-handedly kept the Inner Sphere from engaging in the Succession Wars through his influence in the Star League, but instead he took said Star League into the unknown, leaving the Great Houses to sort themselves out. Kerensky's blood? Give me a break. More like an irresponsible foster parent, really. Kudos for the ComGuards for what they did on Tukkayid. And for extra clarification, all that legendary battle led to was the treaty of Tukkayid, which forced the clan to postpone the invasion for a few more years. Not that Miraborg's legendary act of self-sacrifice didn't put the clans well on their way to halting the invasion, mind you.

Bla bla bla...
Miraborg "legendary" act, because she had been plot-shield lucky, otherwise we would be talking about an ***** who smashed herself on a capital ship. ComGuards only won because of Ulrich's machinations and the Wolves great advance that pushed all the crusaders clan to an underbidding feast.

#11 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostAxocaster, on 05 September 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Sorry but...

The Ares Convention was abandoned long ago before Kerensky was around. 2579 via Article II to be exact. Kerensky didn't leave the Inner Sphere until 2784. That is 205 years AFTER the Ares Convention were discarded and used as toilet paper for some minor planetary Duke on God knows what back water world.

ComStar won because of plot armor, and Miraborg got 'lucky'. Technically as the Warden Wolves, Clan Wolf also won Tukayyid, as they were opposed to invading the Inner Sphere from the start. So in a round and about fashion their apparent loss was really a win.

#12 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Clan Wolf FTW!

#13 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

@ people who talk of plot armor: what about plot brains? Gee I'm gonna take a military force, and its families and drop them on barely habitable worlds out in the arse-end of nowhere...suddenly omnimechs! I mean, really? Vast Interstellar Empires that command thousands of worlds, billions of people, and vast quantities of time, resources, and manpower couldnt build Omnimechs...but some jarheads out in the deep periphery could and do it with access only to a few planets, limited stores of data. Both sides fought constantly in the intervening 300 years, so its not like you can say that clan conflict spurred tech developments, and IS conflict quashed it. Don't give me any of that 'atomic bombardment / comstar tech brain drain." that's just as unfeasible and doesn't take into account the centuries after the first 2 Succession Wars. IS scientist wants to make a better laser, therefore scientist gathers team to make better laser, they come up with list of things that would make the laser better, then do testing and prototypes - viola a new laser is rolled out in the next few years.

#14 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostAaron DeChavilier, on 06 September 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

@ people who talk of plot armor: what about plot brains? Gee I'm gonna take a military force, and its families and drop them on barely habitable worlds out in the arse-end of nowhere...suddenly omnimechs! I mean, really? Vast Interstellar Empires that command thousands of worlds, billions of people, and vast quantities of time, resources, and manpower couldnt build Omnimechs...but some jarheads out in the deep periphery could and do it with access only to a few planets, limited stores of data. Both sides fought constantly in the intervening 300 years, so its not like you can say that clan conflict spurred tech developments, and IS conflict quashed it. Don't give me any of that 'atomic bombardment / comstar tech brain drain." that's just as unfeasible and doesn't take into account the centuries after the first 2 Succession Wars. IS scientist wants to make a better laser, therefore scientist gathers team to make better laser, they come up with list of things that would make the laser better, then do testing and prototypes - viola a new laser is rolled out in the next few years.

Again, Plot Armor. Not saying it is GOOD Plot Armor, but it is still Plot Armor. Doesn't matter who has it really.

Besides, didn't you accompany him on his brilliant little 3-hour tour of the stars?

At least Kerensky didn't accept your little proposition to over throw the House Lords. Now then aren't you late to your own massacre?

:D

#15 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm not talking about who got what after Tukayyid. I am talking about the military flogging you guys got there.

#16 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostSteve Varayis, on 06 September 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm not talking about who got what after Tukayyid. I am talking about the military flogging you guys got there.

I was talking about the same thing as you were. It is plot armor plain and simple. That is how the writers wanted it to happen so it happened that way.

#17 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 06 September 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Again, Plot Armor. Not saying it is GOOD Plot Armor, but it is still Plot Armor. Doesn't matter who has it really.

Besides, didn't you accompany him on his brilliant little 3-hour tour of the stars?

At least Kerensky didn't accept your little proposition to over throw the House Lords. Now then aren't you late to your own massacre?

:unsure:

(lol :3)
Let's see here, overthrowing the House Lords was better than running away like a chump. As for the massacre? I had nothing to with that, I was dead already, it was that crazy b$%^ who I dated sometimes (oh snap, I went there :)) who caused it, I was just trying to quell the crazy!

Posted Image

{{sadly the plot armor generator rolled a 1...a tragic upset}}

Edited by Aaron DeChavilier, 06 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users